Paul Mitchell Cleanse- Tea Tree Special Shampoo

Paul Mitchell Cleanse- Tea Tree Special Shampoo

3.9

Not tested on animals

Water, Sodium Lauryl Sulfate, Sodium Laureth Sulfate, Oleamidopropyl Betaine, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Mentha Piperita (Peppermint) Oil, Soyamide DEA, Cocamide DEA, Melaleuca Alternifolia (Tea Tree) Leaf Oil, Menthyl Lactate, Bisamino PEG/PPG 41/3 Aminoethyl PG Propyl Dimethicone/Algae Extract, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Extract, Anthemis Nobilis Extract, Simmondsia Chinensis (Jojoba) Extract, Rosmarinus Officinalis (Rosemary) Extract, PEG 12 Dimethicone, Lavandula Angustifolia (Lavender) Oil, Triticum Vulgare (Wheat Germ) Oil, Panthenol, Glycol Stearate, Polyquaternium 7, Tetrasodium EDTA, PEG 150 Distearate, Methylchloroisothiazolinone, Magnesium Chloride, Magnesium Nitrate, Limonene, Citric Acid, Blue 1 (CI 42090), Yellow 5 (CI 19140)

on 4/18/2017 11:23:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

I'm a full time hairstylist and I would really recommend this tor people who have a bad dry scalp, it's so refreshing!!! It really helps clean those pores real well and the conditioner puts in some moisture right back in!! Honestly a lot of people tend to have really hot steaming shower which can also dry your hair out! So make sure after you condition to close your cuticles by ending your shower with a cooler water temperature!!

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brown, Straight, Other

For me with fine, slippery oily scalp and non processed hair this is a great shampoo. I have fine straight asian hair which is not dyed or damaged. so this is great I wash twice and focus on the scalp. I only apply conditioner to my ends and mid shaft and since I always detangle with a heat protector and my wet brush my hair looks pretty good. I probably don't recommend this for daily use if your hair is on the dryer side or damaged from excessive heat styling etc.

on 3/2/2017 9:59:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

This is my favourite clarifying shampoo!! I've been using it for 10 years. This gets all the build up off your scalp and has gives that clean mint sensation on your scalp. Great for dandruff treatment. Because it's very drying, I highly recommend using a hydrating mask after rinsing this stuff out. I use Tea Tree on average once a week, so the. Bottle goes a long way. Holy Grail!

on 11/30/2016 7:20:00 PM

I will not use product until methylchloroisothiazolinone is removed. Early rat studies found that this contaminant causes cancer, and the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services has said it’s reasonably anticipated to be a human carcinogen as well.

on 8/5/2016 6:19:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Cool

I love this shampoo. It has tea tree oil and menthol, and it works and feels great. A little goes a LONG way, though. I have long hair and I'm used to using quite a bit of shampoo on it, but this stuff only required a quarter or a third the amount I usually use. The only drawback is the cost: $33 for 33 oz. If it goes on sale, I'd repurchase.

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

PROS

- cleanses
- helps with dandruff

CONS

- caused hair fallout

COMMENTS: Cleans the hair well and helps with dandruff. However, every time I washed my hair with this I got quite a bit of hair fallout after. This would only happen while in the shower as I washed it out. It took a while for this to occur, but the longer I used it the worse it got. I didn't make any other changes to my hair care routine, either. The moment I switched to my usual sulfate-free shampoo, the issue stop occurring. I suppose I set myself up for this one as I typically stay away from harsh sulfates, but as my scalp got really dry I had decided to pick this one up. Wish it worked for me, but it's clearly too harsh for me to use.

Will not repurchase.

on 8/10/2015 10:46:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

My scalp tends to flake in the winter and this shampoo really helps get rid of it fast ! It lathers well, smells great and even though my hair is full of tangles after washing it does make it feel soft

on 8/10/2015 10:14:00 PM

Literally tossed everything out after my hair cut today.
This stuff is AMAZING.
It tingles on my scalp, lathers awesomely, smells like paradise, and leaves my hair and skin luxuriously soft and pure-clean. I never thought I'd buy salon shampoo but after today, I'm in love with this product. Also purchased the leave-in hair AND body tea tree moisturizer which is also incredible.
I thought I loved my Pantene...but this one surpasses the soft locks I get from Repair And Protect. Although Pantene isn't too bad in comparison.
Try this! You'll love it too!
EDIT 11/06: I researched tea tree and found it's a potent antimicrobial. Because of my sinus/allergy problems--SEVERE--and my resistance to antibiotics, I went back to this although my favorite shampoos were cleansing fine. I forgot how luxurious this is. I'm hoping the tea tree reduces my infections/flare-ups. Tea tree oil has been used for centuries, long before antibiotics, so maybe there's something to it. I'm not expecting a cure but at least I'll have consistently clean, bouncy hair.
EDIT 12/29: Used up one bottle and tried some drug store shampoos. Well, that was a disaster! Going back to this. I missed the fragrance and tingle. To save $ I'll keep using drug store conditioners because PM is pretty expensive.

on 8/4/2015 1:15:00 PM

I have seborrheic dermatitis on my scalp & this shampoo works great. Really helps with the itchiness & makes my hair look & feel great.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

This is one of my all time favorite shampoos. It smells wonderful, minty and fresh. It makes my scalp feel like it just ate a breath mint, and it makes my hair look wonderful. It cleans, hydrates, and defines my curls. I love love love this shampoo and conditioner.

Popular Shampoos