Paul Mitchell Tea Tree Special Shampoo

Paul Mitchell Tea Tree Special Shampoo

3.9

Not tested on animals

Water, Sodium Lauryl Sulfate, Sodium Laureth Sulfate, Oleamidopropyl Betaine, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Mentha Piperita (Peppermint) Oil, Soyamide DEA, Cocamide DEA, Melaleuca Alternifolia (Tea Tree) Leaf Oil, Menthyl Lactate, Bisamino PEG/PPG 41/3 Aminoethyl PG Propyl Dimethicone/Algae Extract, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Extract, Anthemis Nobilis Extract, Simmondsia Chinensis (Jojoba) Extract, Rosmarinus Officinalis (Rosemary) Extract, PEG 12 Dimethicone, Lavandula Angustifolia (Lavender) Oil, Triticum Vulgare (Wheat Germ) Oil, Panthenol, Glycol Stearate, Polyquaternium 7, Tetrasodium EDTA, PEG 150 Distearate, Methylchloroisothiazolinone, Magnesium Chloride, Magnesium Nitrate, Limonene, Citric Acid, Blue 1 (CI 42090), Yellow 5 (CI 19140)

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Used to use the Lavender Mint line but realized it was way too heavy for my thick but very straight hair despite my whole head being bleached for a few months at this point. Wanting to stay in the Tea Tree line as the smell and feel of all of the essential oils in these products are really nice I gave this a try as I had heard that it's really lightweight. This cleans my hair so well and gives me insane body and shine. A bonus is that as soon as it hits your scalp but before you lather it up your whole head opens up and feels instantly cooling, like your scalp is getting a breath of fresh air. Would recommend as you can get various sizes at different price points and the quality is amazing!

on 10/20/2017 4:13:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Fine

I love this shampoo. I have an oily scalp and experience all the wonderful joys that come along with it. This shampoo is great. A little goes along way. I love the intense tingle (scalp, nose, sometimes eyes...it is that strong). It does a great job of cleansing my oily scalp and isn't harsh on my drier ends however I do use a very moisturizing conditioner (PM tea tree and lavender or PM Super Charged Moisture or Joice hydrating conditioner). My hair is soft and clean. Love it.

on 10/16/2017 6:07:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Not Sure

Con:
I hate the smell. Seriously. I start tearing up when I put this shampoo ontop of my head. Its that strong.
The cap for the bottle broke in the first few uses.

Pro:
It works. It just does. I tend towards an oily scalp that's sensitive to a lot of products and this shampoo just balances things out. I feel more comfurtable, wash my hair a bit less frequent and I think there's less shedding too. So while this isn't a luxorious experience I enjoy using in the shower, I sure enjoy the results. Will continue to buy as long as it works.
Note: I use this shampoo about once a week.

on 4/18/2017 11:23:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

I'm a full time hairstylist and I would really recommend this tor people who have a bad dry scalp, it's so refreshing!!! It really helps clean those pores real well and the conditioner puts in some moisture right back in!! Honestly a lot of people tend to have really hot steaming shower which can also dry your hair out! So make sure after you condition to close your cuticles by ending your shower with a cooler water temperature!!

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brown, Straight, Other

For me with fine, slippery oily scalp and non processed hair this is a great shampoo. I have fine straight asian hair which is not dyed or damaged. so this is great I wash twice and focus on the scalp. I only apply conditioner to my ends and mid shaft and since I always detangle with a heat protector and my wet brush my hair looks pretty good. I probably don't recommend this for daily use if your hair is on the dryer side or damaged from excessive heat styling etc.

on 3/2/2017 9:59:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

This is my favourite clarifying shampoo!! I've been using it for 10 years. This gets all the build up off your scalp and has gives that clean mint sensation on your scalp. Great for dandruff treatment. Because it's very drying, I highly recommend using a hydrating mask after rinsing this stuff out. I use Tea Tree on average once a week, so the. Bottle goes a long way. Holy Grail!

on 11/30/2016 7:20:00 PM

I will not use product until methylchloroisothiazolinone is removed. Early rat studies found that this contaminant causes cancer, and the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services has said it’s reasonably anticipated to be a human carcinogen as well.

on 8/5/2016 6:19:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Cool

I love this shampoo. It has tea tree oil and menthol, and it works and feels great. A little goes a LONG way, though. I have long hair and I'm used to using quite a bit of shampoo on it, but this stuff only required a quarter or a third the amount I usually use. The only drawback is the cost: $33 for 33 oz. If it goes on sale, I'd repurchase.

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

PROS

- cleanses
- helps with dandruff

CONS

- caused hair fallout

COMMENTS: Cleans the hair well and helps with dandruff. However, every time I washed my hair with this I got quite a bit of hair fallout after. This would only happen while in the shower as I washed it out. It took a while for this to occur, but the longer I used it the worse it got. I didn't make any other changes to my hair care routine, either. The moment I switched to my usual sulfate-free shampoo, the issue stop occurring. I suppose I set myself up for this one as I typically stay away from harsh sulfates, but as my scalp got really dry I had decided to pick this one up. Wish it worked for me, but it's clearly too harsh for me to use.

Will not repurchase.

on 8/10/2015 10:46:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

My scalp tends to flake in the winter and this shampoo really helps get rid of it fast ! It lathers well, smells great and even though my hair is full of tangles after washing it does make it feel soft