Paul Mitchell Cleanse- Tea Tree Special Shampoo

Paul Mitchell Cleanse- Tea Tree Special Shampoo

3.9

Not tested on animals

Water, Sodium Lauryl Sulfate, Sodium Laureth Sulfate, Oleamidopropyl Betaine, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Mentha Piperita (Peppermint) Oil, Soyamide DEA, Cocamide DEA, Melaleuca Alternifolia (Tea Tree) Leaf Oil, Menthyl Lactate, Bisamino PEG/PPG 41/3 Aminoethyl PG Propyl Dimethicone/Algae Extract, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Extract, Anthemis Nobilis Extract, Simmondsia Chinensis (Jojoba) Extract, Rosmarinus Officinalis (Rosemary) Extract, PEG 12 Dimethicone, Lavandula Angustifolia (Lavender) Oil, Triticum Vulgare (Wheat Germ) Oil, Panthenol, Glycol Stearate, Polyquaternium 7, Tetrasodium EDTA, PEG 150 Distearate, Methylchloroisothiazolinone, Magnesium Chloride, Magnesium Nitrate, Limonene, Citric Acid, Blue 1 (CI 42090), Yellow 5 (CI 19140)

on 3/2/2017 9:59:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

This is my favourite clarifying shampoo!! I've been using it for 10 years. This gets all the build up off your scalp and has gives that clean mint sensation on your scalp. Great for dandruff treatment. Because it's very drying, I highly recommend using a hydrating mask after rinsing this stuff out. I use Tea Tree on average once a week, so the. Bottle goes a long way. Holy Grail!

on 11/30/2016 7:20:00 PM

I will not use product until methylchloroisothiazolinone is removed. Early rat studies found that this contaminant causes cancer, and the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services has said it’s reasonably anticipated to be a human carcinogen as well.

on 8/5/2016 6:19:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Cool

I love this shampoo. It has tea tree oil and menthol, and it works and feels great. A little goes a LONG way, though. I have long hair and I'm used to using quite a bit of shampoo on it, but this stuff only required a quarter or a third the amount I usually use. The only drawback is the cost: $33 for 33 oz. If it goes on sale, I'd repurchase.

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

PROS

- cleanses
- helps with dandruff

CONS

- caused hair fallout

COMMENTS: Cleans the hair well and helps with dandruff. However, every time I washed my hair with this I got quite a bit of hair fallout after. This would only happen while in the shower as I washed it out. It took a while for this to occur, but the longer I used it the worse it got. I didn't make any other changes to my hair care routine, either. The moment I switched to my usual sulfate-free shampoo, the issue stop occurring. I suppose I set myself up for this one as I typically stay away from harsh sulfates, but as my scalp got really dry I had decided to pick this one up. Wish it worked for me, but it's clearly too harsh for me to use.

Will not repurchase.

on 8/10/2015 10:46:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

My scalp tends to flake in the winter and this shampoo really helps get rid of it fast ! It lathers well, smells great and even though my hair is full of tangles after washing it does make it feel soft

on 8/10/2015 10:14:00 PM

Literally tossed everything out after my hair cut today.
This stuff is AMAZING.
It tingles on my scalp, lathers awesomely, smells like paradise, and leaves my hair and skin luxuriously soft and pure-clean. I never thought I'd buy salon shampoo but after today, I'm in love with this product. Also purchased the leave-in hair AND body tea tree moisturizer which is also incredible.
I thought I loved my Pantene...but this one surpasses the soft locks I get from Repair And Protect. Although Pantene isn't too bad in comparison.
Try this! You'll love it too!
EDIT 11/06: I researched tea tree and found it's a potent antimicrobial. Because of my sinus/allergy problems--SEVERE--and my resistance to antibiotics, I went back to this although my favorite shampoos were cleansing fine. I forgot how luxurious this is. I'm hoping the tea tree reduces my infections/flare-ups. Tea tree oil has been used for centuries, long before antibiotics, so maybe there's something to it. I'm not expecting a cure but at least I'll have consistently clean, bouncy hair.
EDIT 12/29: Used up one bottle and tried some drug store shampoos. Well, that was a disaster! Going back to this. I missed the fragrance and tingle. To save $ I'll keep using drug store conditioners because PM is pretty expensive.

on 8/4/2015 1:15:00 PM

I have seborrheic dermatitis on my scalp & this shampoo works great. Really helps with the itchiness & makes my hair look & feel great.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

This is one of my all time favorite shampoos. It smells wonderful, minty and fresh. It makes my scalp feel like it just ate a breath mint, and it makes my hair look wonderful. It cleans, hydrates, and defines my curls. I love love love this shampoo and conditioner.

Iove this stuff I love the smell it works great but I hate the price, i'm always looking for deals on this stuff cause me and my boyfriend use it. My best friend even uses this. So I definitely recommend this stuff, I don't use the conditioner so I cant tell you about that. But if you can afford it give it a try.

on 11/26/2014 12:29:00 AM

Awesome shampoo! It's not a lathery shampoo, but it feels soooo good once it goes on. I love minty-tingly feels on my scalp (pretty similar to that of Organix Australian Teatree shampoo).
The smell is very minty and teatree oil-y. My hair feels really clean and light and fluffy. I have significant more volume - I use a clarifying shampoo every day but not anything like this! I use this shampoo in conjunction with the Macademia Natural Oil Deep Repair Masque every other day, possibly contributing to the lack of dryness in my hair after using this product.

Popular Shampoos