Paula's Choice Skin Recovery Hydrating Treatment Mask

Filtered by eye Color : Black
Paula's Choice Skin Recovery Hydrating Treatment Mask
Skin Recovery Hydrating Treatment Mask

Not tested on animals

Water, Propylene Glycol Dicaprylate/Dicaprate (emollient), Butylene Glycol (slip agent), Glycerin (skin-repairing ingredient), Sorbitan Stearate (emulsifier), Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride (skin-repairing ingredient), Cetearyl Alcohol, Glyceryl Stearate (emollient thickeners), Dicaprylyl Ether (emollient), Ethyl Macadamiate (macadamia nut oil/emollient), Cyclopentasiloxane, Cyclohexasiloxane (silicone/water-binding agents), Glyceryl Behenate/Eicosadioate (emollients/thickeners), Borago Officinalis (Borage) Seed Oil, Oenothera Biennis (Evening Primrose) Oil, Olea Europaea (Olive) Fruit Oil, Prunus Armeniaca (Apricot) Kernel Oil (all non-fragrant antioxidant plant oils), Glycine Soja (Soybean) Sterols (antioxidant fatty acid), Tocopheryl Acetate, Tocopherol (vitamin E/antioxidant), Tetrahexyldecyl Ascorbate, Ascorbyl Palmitate (stabilized vitamin C/antioxidants), Linoleic Acid, Phospholipids (cell-communicating ingredients), Sodium Hyaluronate (skin-repairing ingredient), Retinyl Palmitate (vitamin A/fatty acid-based antioxidant), Sodium Dilauramidoglutamide Lysine (skin-repairing ingredient), Cetearyl Glucoside (emollient), Sclerotium Gum (thickener), Hectorite (mineral-based suspending agent), Caprylyl Glycol, Ethylhexylglycerin, Phenoxyethanol (preservatives).

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

Very moisturizing mask, very good during the winter. I love that it is fragrance free. It would be too much if used during winter.

on 4/10/2013 11:03:00 AM

I gave this product 5 lippies with a slightly different perspective.

This so called, "hydrating treatment mask" really doesn't work well as a mask. So I would give this product a horrible rating if I were to rate it as the sole purpose of using it as a mask. It's a bad bad mask.

But Read On. Why do I love this product?

TEXTURE: It's a light textured, not so heavy, ever so slightly thick lotion like texture. If you have all used Johnson & Johnson Baby Lotion, it's lighter than that but not a runny consistency.

No breakouts, no whiteheads, etc.
No fragrances, no harsh additives, Non-greasy.
Love this aspect.

PRICE: $16? You'll definitely get your bucks out of this product. Here is why.

I live in Toronto Canada and it gets very cold and dry in the winter.
I am 24 years old, have normal to dry skin which was pulling in every direction as soon as I landed in Toronto a few months ago. I was looking for a solution so I initially searched for a mask until I ordered this product accidently.

I apply a very thin layer of this mask over a cream or daily moisturizer if I feel like I need something extra, depending on the weather and the condition of my skin. It seems to work, it really hydrates and my skin absorbs it.

Recently, I have been getting more creative and used this mask by mixing a pea size amount with 1-2 drops of face oil (Bobbi Brown Extra Face Oil or Darphin Rose Aromatic Care) and applying directly to my face at night. I've always found applying face oil a difficult task for me. I seem to have a heavy hand and I can't help myself. But this trick actually seems to help the face oil to absorb into my skin faster, thanks to this Paula's Choice mask. This helps to relieve my skin for the night and my face is so soft in the morning when I wake up.

FINAL VERDICT:
Although this product doesn't live up to its true purpose as advertised, I think they should just change the name to "Multipurpose Cream" and sell sell sell. At $15 a tube, it's a bargain in my opinion. It's just a simple moisturizer that doesn't do any harm to your skin and you can mix with other products or layer it depending on your needs. I sometimes even apply some on my hand if I see it.

Try it, and if it doesn't work for you as a mask or even as a moisturizer I'm sure you can figure out a creative way to use this product, ONLY because this product doesn't have any complex ingredients.

on 10/25/2012 2:40:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Other, Coarse

Being a skincare junkie, always looking for the next "it" treatment and trying promising "miracle potions" left and right - I sometimes get my complexion in trouble :( My bathroom sink is littered with all kinds of cleansers, scrubs, toners and exfoliating treatments...its a disaster area that i am always trying to organize, downsize and arrange in some kind of order...Resistance is futile and i am messy so its always a work in progress!
So when i go overboard with exfoliation, AHA treatments, acne creams or simply get a mysterious rash (yuck!) this mask is my HERO! No matter how much i mess up Skin Recovery always soothes any redness, flakies or mini-burns. Its gentle, not greasy, fragrance-free and thanks to the gel-like texture it feels great on the skin so much so that i often forget that i have it on my face. Thats no easy feat!
Aside from the soothing properties i have found that this mask works even better when paired with either a clay or deep cleansing mask. The purifying effects derived from the cleansing mask are complimented by the hydration of this one. It seems to restore skin balance after any treatment, soothing, moisturizing and softening the complexion almost instantly.
Did i mention that this is also priced very reasonably and using light layers insures that a tube will last you a long-long time!
I will hoard this always! Just in case they discontinue it or needlesly change the formula :( Paula's Choice i am once again your #1 FAN!

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

I have dry/combination skin and was looking for a very moisturizing nighttime moisturizer. I previously use TBS Vitamin E Nourishing Night Cream which I love, but PC Skin Recovery Hydrating Treatment Mask is tad more moisturizing and is filled with more antioxidants. The consistency of this product is lotion which feels very soothing going on and feels greasy since it sits on top of skin for minutes. After that it will start to sinks in better. It's quite well-priced like most PC products and I will repurchase.

Ingredients:

Water, Propylene Glycol Dicaprylate/Dicaprate (emollient), Butylene Glycol, Glycerin (water-binding agents), Sorbitan Stearate (emulsifier), Propylene Glycol Laurate (emollient), Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride (emollient thickener), Ethyl Macadamiate (macadamia nut oil/emollient), Cyclopentasiloxane (silicone/water-binding agent), Glyceryl Stearate, Glyceryl Behenate/Eicosadioate (emollients/thickeners), Cyclohexasiloxane (silicone/water-binding agent), Borago Officinalis (Borage) Seed Oil, Oenothera Biennis (Evening Primrose) Oil, Olea Europaea (Olive) Fruit Oil, Prunus Armeniaca (Apricot) Kernel Oil (all non-irritating antioxidant plant oils), Glycine Soja (Soybean) Sterol, Propylene Glycol Isostearate (emulsifier), Tocopheryl Acetate, Tocopherol (vitamin E/antioxidant), Tetrahexyldecyl Ascorbate (stabilized vitamin C/antioxidant), Ascorbyl Palmitate (vitamin C/antioxidant), Linoleic Acid (emollient), Phospholipids, Sodium Hyaluronate (water-binding agents), Carbomer (thickener), Ethylcellulose (film-forming agent), Aminomethyl Propanol (pH adjuster), Xanthan Gum (thickener), Butylparaben, Ethylparaben, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Phenoxyethanol (all preservatives).

on 3/21/2005 3:18:00 PM

This was my life saver during the cold winter months. Used it as a moisturiser on top of the SUperantioxidant and Non Greasy Moisturiser. Also used it on my hands or wherever that needed it. It was moisture the whole day through under harsh conditions and not one pimple came from it! Super! Don't know what are the effects of using this mask as a moisturiser though, but i was reviewing the ingredients between this and the Skin Recovery Moisturiser, and somehow, this came up better. Def. a must have for winter, or on board an airplane, and when the weather gets warmer, a rightful mask :)