Paula's Choice Skin Recovery Hydrating Treatment Mask

Paula's Choice Skin Recovery Hydrating Treatment Mask
Skin Recovery Hydrating Treatment Mask

3.9

Not tested on animals

Water, Propylene Glycol Dicaprylate/Dicaprate (emollient), Butylene Glycol (slip agent), Glycerin (skin-repairing ingredient), Sorbitan Stearate (emulsifier), Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride (skin-repairing ingredient), Cetearyl Alcohol, Glyceryl Stearate (emollient thickeners), Dicaprylyl Ether (emollient), Ethyl Macadamiate (macadamia nut oil/emollient), Cyclopentasiloxane, Cyclohexasiloxane (silicone/water-binding agents), Glyceryl Behenate/Eicosadioate (emollients/thickeners), Borago Officinalis (Borage) Seed Oil, Oenothera Biennis (Evening Primrose) Oil, Olea Europaea (Olive) Fruit Oil, Prunus Armeniaca (Apricot) Kernel Oil (all non-fragrant antioxidant plant oils), Glycine Soja (Soybean) Sterols (antioxidant fatty acid), Tocopheryl Acetate, Tocopherol (vitamin E/antioxidant), Tetrahexyldecyl Ascorbate, Ascorbyl Palmitate (stabilized vitamin C/antioxidants), Linoleic Acid, Phospholipids (cell-communicating ingredients), Sodium Hyaluronate (skin-repairing ingredient), Retinyl Palmitate (vitamin A/fatty acid-based antioxidant), Sodium Dilauramidoglutamide Lysine (skin-repairing ingredient), Cetearyl Glucoside (emollient), Sclerotium Gum (thickener), Hectorite (mineral-based suspending agent), Caprylyl Glycol, Ethylhexylglycerin, Phenoxyethanol (preservatives).

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

A god-send! Whenever I wash my hair on an evening my face becomes dry and tight shortly after, possibly due to the shampoo suds and how hot I like to run the water. All I need is to slather a thick layer over this over my face and throat and immediately any feeling of tightness or discomfort is erased. It's never broken me out or caused acne, despite the fact that it is made of oils. Yes it does contain silicones but at a much lower level than in other PC products, and never gives me any problems.
I leave this to absorb into my skin, which usually takes a few minutes, and then I go to sleep, no need to wash off as it's basically like a thick night cream or sleeping mask. I also have this in sample sizes which I purchased from the website to take with me when travelling and cabin air dries my skin out.

As with all soft tube products I just cut in half to get to the bottom and push the top half down over the pliable bottom half to keep it reasonably sealed and prevent it drying out. One of my fave PC products.

Selena x

~ My HG list ~

1. Hair Loss Treatment: ‘Divine Herbal’ - Hair Oil
2. Lip Balm: 'Nuxe' - Reve De Miel Lip Balm
4. Cleanser: 'Paula's Choice' - Skin Balancing Cleanser
5. Concealer: ‘Mac’ - Studio Finish Concealer
6. Lash Growth Serum: ‘Divine Herbal’ - Divinelash
7. Foundation/SPF: ‘Juice Beauty’ - Stem Cellular Repair (warm glow)
8. Face Scrub: ‘Sisley' - Botanical Gentle Buffing Cream
9. Moisturizer: ‘Antipodes' - Rejoice Light Day Cream
10. Hand Cream: 'Origins' - Make A Difference Rejuvenating Hand Treatment

on 5/21/2017 9:53:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Curly, Other

My dry, sensitive skin loves this in combination with an AHA product like Drunk Elephant Framboos serum. Leave my skin soft and glowy. Not irritating at all, good price, cruelty free. Will definitely repurchase.

on 9/2/2016 10:46:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse

I used to love this mask but after they reformulated, I found it stung my skin on contact and unlike before when it would stay moist - the new formulation now kind of dries/cakes after a while. It's a shame - the original formulation was beautiful.

on 6/23/2016 8:32:00 AM

Does exactly what it's suppose to do - hydrates and leaves skin looking and feeling fresh and "bouncy". No irriation whatsoever. If you have dry skin and/or suffer from redness, this is is the face mask for you.

Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure

My skin is so dehydrated, it just soaks it right up. So, it doesn't seem very mask-like. I'll keep buying it, though.

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I use this as a moisturizer at night, since it seems a bit wasteful as a mask. It makes my skin so soft, hydrated and calm. Perfect for the colder months! The consistency is a very thick cream, but it's easy to spread over your face and rub into skin. Love it.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

I bought this 6 months ago and completely forgot about it. Cleaning out my drawer I found it and decided to use it because my face was parched due to the winter months. Soooo glad I did. I know it's a mask but I slather it on after my skin care routine at night and sleep in it. The next day My skin feels so hydrated and soft. In a few days it has completely changed my skin. This will definetly stay in my winter arsenal. Ladies 40 plus, this is a godsend if you have dry skin as a sleeping mask. Even better than the Korres Sleeping mask facial.. Will repurchase for sure when I run out. Oh, and no scent! Which I love! 😊

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

This is one of my favorite products, and I've never actually purchased it, I just stock up on free samples when I or my bf make an order on Paula's Choice. I only use it about once a week or less so this works for me. When my skin is feeling VERY dry, this is the perfect mask. I use a whole sample packet of this and slather it on, set a timer for 30 minutes, rinse it off, and then follow with a moisturizer. The next morning my skin is comfortable, soothed, and smooth. It doesn't aggravate my acne - if anything it reduces inflammation. It just seems to have a lot of ingredients my skin seems to love, and I'd recommend it to anyone with dry skin. Definitely one of my favorite masks.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse

My HG mask. This mask hydrates and smooths like no other. I've been on Tretinoin for several months, and my skin has continued to peel and be red and irritated. This mask solves those problems. I put it on for 20+ minutes, wash it off with lukewarm water, and magic happens. My dry patches and redness are gone. It really works if you are in a pinch. Even better, my skin stays relatively smooth for several days after I use this.

The price might be a little steep ($21), but the tube will last you a while. Previously, when I needed moisture pronto, I used Asian sheet masks. Those are much pricier for what you get, because they only keep your face hydrated for maybe a day. Their effectiveness isn't as long lasting as this mask.

Caveat: I have generally oily skin with dry and peeling patches from products for my acne. I feel like this mask won't remove /severe/ dry patches, but it definitely softens them. And you always can go in with a thick moisturizer/cream overnight after. I don't know how this product will affect overall dry skin, but considering it is formulated for dry skin, I feel it like it could still work wonders. (If it doesn't work for you, Paula's Choice has a very generous return policy.)

Skin: Very Dry, Dark, Cool

This product is ah-mazing! It makes my skin feel soft as butter. I was looking for a dupe to Glam Glow Thirsty Mud and came across this. I ordered a couple samples and then ordered the full size later. While it is not quite as good as Glam Glo, it's still a great product and for the price, and I don't feel like I'm settling for less. I use it as my night cream and I don't rinse. It does not aggravate my eczema or cause acne breakouts. Another keeper.