Paula's Choice Skin Recovery Hydrating Treatment Mask

Paula's Choice Skin Recovery Hydrating Treatment Mask
Skin Recovery Hydrating Treatment Mask

3.6

Not tested on animals

Water, Propylene Glycol Dicaprylate/Dicaprate (emollient), Butylene Glycol (slip agent), Glycerin (skin-repairing ingredient), Sorbitan Stearate (emulsifier), Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride (skin-repairing ingredient), Cetearyl Alcohol, Glyceryl Stearate (emollient thickeners), Dicaprylyl Ether (emollient), Ethyl Macadamiate (macadamia nut oil/emollient), Cyclopentasiloxane, Cyclohexasiloxane (silicone/water-binding agents), Glyceryl Behenate/Eicosadioate (emollients/thickeners), Borago Officinalis (Borage) Seed Oil, Oenothera Biennis (Evening Primrose) Oil, Olea Europaea (Olive) Fruit Oil, Prunus Armeniaca (Apricot) Kernel Oil (all non-fragrant antioxidant plant oils), Glycine Soja (Soybean) Sterols (antioxidant fatty acid), Tocopheryl Acetate, Tocopherol (vitamin E/antioxidant), Tetrahexyldecyl Ascorbate, Ascorbyl Palmitate (stabilized vitamin C/antioxidants), Linoleic Acid, Phospholipids (cell-communicating ingredients), Sodium Hyaluronate (skin-repairing ingredient), Retinyl Palmitate (vitamin A/fatty acid-based antioxidant), Sodium Dilauramidoglutamide Lysine (skin-repairing ingredient), Cetearyl Glucoside (emollient), Sclerotium Gum (thickener), Hectorite (mineral-based suspending agent), Caprylyl Glycol, Ethylhexylglycerin, Phenoxyethanol (preservatives).

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I LOVE this stuff! I use a bit of it with the weekly resurfacing treatment (see my review) for dewy, fresh, renewed skin. I'll use it before bedtime when my skin feels dry and looks dull. I'll use it instead of other PC products when I feel it needs something gentle but still hydrating. I use a tiny pea sized amount to my morning makeup routine. I have repurchased it and will continue to do so. It works and it feel lovely. I have dry, sensitive skin and this one always works well with its needs.

on 5/21/2017 9:53:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Curly, Other

My dry, sensitive skin loves this in combination with an AHA product like Drunk Elephant Framboos serum. Leave my skin soft and glowy. Not irritating at all, good price, cruelty free. Will definitely repurchase.

on 2/3/2017 5:13:00 AM

Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium

This is my first ever review, that is how strongly I feel about this product.

I have sensitiv combination skin, break out easily if using bad products. Because of the climate (especially in the winter months) I have a huge problem with dryness and dehydration regarding my skin.

This mask wrecked havoc on my skin.
I have now tested it on several occasions:
First time I used it was when my skin was a total mess regarding dryness and dehydration, the mask stung like hell but I thought is was because of my extreme dryness. The first time was also in conjunction with some other new skin care treatments so when my skin acted up I chalked it up to a bad combination. Surely this mask aimed at skin like mine, from PC no less, could do this. I have since tried it on several occasions where my skin has been up and down. The last time was the final straw.

I had very good skin this time around, albeit some tightness. After an exfoliation my skin needed som TLC, reached for this mask and after ca. 5 minutes it started to feel a little tight. When the recommended time had elapsed and I washed my face I felt the burn and my face was read. I applied products that aims to calm the skin before going to bed, but still blotchy, tight and dry when I woke up. It has now passed 2 days since I last used it and my skin is still soar, itches like crazy, and is super dry with red bumps.

In to the bin it goes.
I hope this review will save someone from experiencing the same as me.

on 12/27/2015 2:00:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Silver, Curly, Medium

I like to use this when I'm straight out of the shower and skin is still wet, is deeply moisturizing yet not at all greasy!

on 8/16/2014 6:48:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse

YUK! I cannot stand this stuff! It leaves a terrible waxy film behind (on my face anyhow) and the ingredient list is just terrible, which is ironic considering she's the go-to for expert advice on ingredients. And the waxy film issue wasn't even the worst part by far... This is also the only product I have ever used/tried in my 25+ years of cosmetic and facial treatment usage that has ever left me with a super bad reaction issue. While I have tried products that aggravated my skin nothing has been as bad as this - my skin was really itchy (to the point I had to actively force myself to stop scratching it!), which lasted about 24 hrs. I figure its got something to do with the 20 thousand unnecessary ingredients in this stuff. This mask was so bad that it just re-affirmed my suspicions that Paula's website filters reviews (something I considered to be true for a while now bc everything is rated so highly when I know personally and from friends there are some crappy products in her line).

Paula's choice products are always very hit and miss for me; the one's that are good are amazing but when they are bad they are REALLY bad. This one is horrible. I wish I could give it zero stars, for realz. But since I can't, I will just warn people with sensitive and super dry skin to stay far away from this product.

on 2/22/2013 6:04:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse

This product broke me out. But it is for very very dry skin. But then I went crazy with AHAs and pro-retinol, which I don't really tolerate much of, this was a God send. I ended up very red and sore and this is the only thing that helped ease the pain. I got a tube, which was a mistake. I have dry skin and its for dry skin but I am senstive to moisturizers. So it's tricky to find ones.

I am trying to use it on body but it's not the best for that. Anyway this be better for someone less breakout pone. I don't know that it's the moist amazing hydration. I lilke the Skin Recovery Moisture cream a lot better.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

My skin is insanely dry lately and this mask is saving me! I've been using it everyday, at least once a day, sometimes twice. I have not had any breakouts from it and it makes my skin GLOW. Loving it and can't live without it! Also love the price and the great customer service/quick shipping. (I would not recommend this for people who don't have severely dry skin as it would be very greasy.)