Paula's Choice Skin Recovery Hydrating Treatment Mask

Paula's Choice Skin Recovery Hydrating Treatment Mask
Skin Recovery Hydrating Treatment Mask

3.8

Not tested on animals

Water, Propylene Glycol Dicaprylate/Dicaprate (emollient), Butylene Glycol (slip agent), Glycerin (skin-repairing ingredient), Sorbitan Stearate (emulsifier), Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride (skin-repairing ingredient), Cetearyl Alcohol, Glyceryl Stearate (emollient thickeners), Dicaprylyl Ether (emollient), Ethyl Macadamiate (macadamia nut oil/emollient), Cyclopentasiloxane, Cyclohexasiloxane (silicone/water-binding agents), Glyceryl Behenate/Eicosadioate (emollients/thickeners), Borago Officinalis (Borage) Seed Oil, Oenothera Biennis (Evening Primrose) Oil, Olea Europaea (Olive) Fruit Oil, Prunus Armeniaca (Apricot) Kernel Oil (all non-fragrant antioxidant plant oils), Glycine Soja (Soybean) Sterols (antioxidant fatty acid), Tocopheryl Acetate, Tocopherol (vitamin E/antioxidant), Tetrahexyldecyl Ascorbate, Ascorbyl Palmitate (stabilized vitamin C/antioxidants), Linoleic Acid, Phospholipids (cell-communicating ingredients), Sodium Hyaluronate (skin-repairing ingredient), Retinyl Palmitate (vitamin A/fatty acid-based antioxidant), Sodium Dilauramidoglutamide Lysine (skin-repairing ingredient), Cetearyl Glucoside (emollient), Sclerotium Gum (thickener), Hectorite (mineral-based suspending agent), Caprylyl Glycol, Ethylhexylglycerin, Phenoxyethanol (preservatives).

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

I initially got a sample of this when I ordered some other products from Paula's Choice, and I didn't expect to like it much. Once I tried the sample and saw how much moisture it put back into my skin I immediately bought the full size. The texture is thick and not very creamy, but it spreads nicely on the skin, and as an added bonus (thanks to Paula's hardline stance against fragrance) it is unscented. I usually leave it on from anywhere between 10 to 30 minutes, and in this time my skin gets plumped and feels very soft and moisturized. I feel like the moisture does last for a while after the product is rinsed off as well, which is a huge bonus. When I started using this I had been dealing with a very bad rosacea flare and my skin was completely messed up, and using this 2-3 times a week really made a difference in the condition of my skin. I have kept using this semi-regularly, and it makes a huge difference in keeping my skin moisturized enough to ensure that I don't get another huge rosacea flare. I'd highly recommend this to anyone with combo skin, dry skin, or sensitive skin to infuse moisture.

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Warm

For this price tag it's WOW! I use this 1-2 times a week, also under my eye area and especially after more heavy treatments. One favourite is to put it on after some 20 min use of Paula's weekly AHA-treatment. Such a good combination. This has been my go to-mask for 2 years straight. Will never stop purchasing!

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

helps my skin on retin a..use as a night cream. doesn't break me out, quenches like no other..im in love!

on 8/8/2015 9:36:00 AM

I received several samples of this mask. I used it only on the areas where I have sebhorreic dermatitis (eyebrows, bridge of my nose). It helps a little bit with the dry patches, which is impressive, because this is a very stubborn condition that most prescriptions don't even do anything for.

on 4/27/2015 6:28:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

I've been using Paula's Choice products for about 2 months and have seen a very significant difference in my skin. The major difference is the way my skin glows and the way makeup enhances that instead of covering and/or making me look worse because of the bad texture of my skin. I have extremely dry AND dehydrated skin. I apply this daily, in the evening after cleansing and toning and prior to my nighttime skin care. I find this really helps bump up the hydration of my skin. You get a lot product, the packaging is effective and the price is reasonable.

Skin: Combination, Olive, Cool

I ordered this mask in a sample size to see if my skin liked it. I must have gone through 6 sample-sized packets, then I gave in and bought the full-sized tube. I did not waste my dollars. I use it as an overnight mask all over my face but not everyday. I use it about 3 times a week, maybe more depending on what time of the month it is. One and a half weeks before my period I use a lot of anti-acne products, which dries my face. Then I use this mask to help bring back some moisture without adding to the breakouts.
It works well for me, so much so that I am addicted to it now. Best of all I don't scare my husband half to death when I climb in bed with a face mask on. It is nice and clear, and he can't even tell I am wearing a mask! Win!!!

Such a lovely product for you skin. I get dry skin around my eye areas and apply this every night to my lids and undereye.

I do not wash this product off but use an intensive moisturiser.

I also use this over the 10% AHA resurface treatment. I wake up with beautifully soft and hydrated skin. Such a treat.

Be aware that when you apply this it's quite heavy and when it dries it kind of peel a little bit if you rub at your face, so once you've rubbed it in, just leave it and it will be fine.

I would reccommend.

on 10/24/2013 8:41:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Other, Wavy, Coarse

**I found out I can't use Propylene Glycol, and possibly Butylene Glycol. It took a long time to figure out but that's the reason I can't use this product. It may also be some of the oils.**

I have a few samples of this and so far I really like it. It hasn't clogged me that I've noticed, and usually I do clog and I DO notice it. It moisturizes and feels nice. It's definitely better than the regular skin recovery moisturizer. I'm on the fence of buying the full size, depending on how the other moisturizers I'm trying measure up. If they do in fact cause clogs, I'm sold on this. I'm using other things that have been helping my skin, but I think this is a pretty good one on it's own.

Update: Well that was quick. Put it all over and this evening my forehead was covered in little bumps. I didn't change anything else. What a bummer. No second tries for me. PC has not been doing well in my book so far. Down to one product I like. And while the regular moisturizer in this line is ok, I still am hesitant to use chemical laden moisturizers (not that I've had luck with one-ingerdient oils either) :(

Update 2: I'm almost positive after much research that the problem for me is propylene glycol. So I can't use any products with that in there.

on 2/27/2013 7:26:00 PM

Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium

How have I not reviewed this? I love this mask. I soothes my skin more than any of her moisturizers. It has great ingredients and no fragrance.
I apply this all over including my eye area and leave it on overnight. I wake up with such soft skin. I think this mask would be good for just about any skin type except oily.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I just ordered another one today. I use this as a moisturizer right before I go to bed. It helps control my flakiness caused by my Retin A use. I tried the Skin Recovery Moisturizer, but it smells so bad that I can't stand it. This seems to have no offensive odor for me. I just can't see using anything else when this is full of antioxidants. This clearly does not cause eczema on my eye area. For the price you certainly get more than the normal Skin Recovery Moisturizer. It really feels nice to know that I am applying a great product on my face. HG for me.