Paula's Choice Skin Recovery Hydrating Treatment Mask

Paula's Choice Skin Recovery Hydrating Treatment Mask
Skin Recovery Hydrating Treatment Mask

4.1

Not tested on animals

Water, Propylene Glycol Dicaprylate/Dicaprate (emollient), Butylene Glycol (slip agent), Glycerin (skin-repairing ingredient), Sorbitan Stearate (emulsifier), Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride (skin-repairing ingredient), Cetearyl Alcohol, Glyceryl Stearate (emollient thickeners), Dicaprylyl Ether (emollient), Ethyl Macadamiate (macadamia nut oil/emollient), Cyclopentasiloxane, Cyclohexasiloxane (silicone/water-binding agents), Glyceryl Behenate/Eicosadioate (emollients/thickeners), Borago Officinalis (Borage) Seed Oil, Oenothera Biennis (Evening Primrose) Oil, Olea Europaea (Olive) Fruit Oil, Prunus Armeniaca (Apricot) Kernel Oil (all non-fragrant antioxidant plant oils), Glycine Soja (Soybean) Sterols (antioxidant fatty acid), Tocopheryl Acetate, Tocopherol (vitamin E/antioxidant), Tetrahexyldecyl Ascorbate, Ascorbyl Palmitate (stabilized vitamin C/antioxidants), Linoleic Acid, Phospholipids (cell-communicating ingredients), Sodium Hyaluronate (skin-repairing ingredient), Retinyl Palmitate (vitamin A/fatty acid-based antioxidant), Sodium Dilauramidoglutamide Lysine (skin-repairing ingredient), Cetearyl Glucoside (emollient), Sclerotium Gum (thickener), Hectorite (mineral-based suspending agent), Caprylyl Glycol, Ethylhexylglycerin, Phenoxyethanol (preservatives).

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Warm

I used to really love this, but now it's given me a burn under my eye that hurts so badly. It's stung before but this is unbearable. I don't understand what's wrong.

I tried a sample of this.. the formulation pilled off my face, neck and chest so much, that I had to remove it with micellar water. I could not stand it! So thick and filled with silicones. You're better off putting some squalane on your face, at least it soaks in, unlike this mess... Also, it contains both Vitamin C and Vitamin A, although in very small amounts, they are still skin irritants. So if you have very sensitive skin, it's probably not for you..

on 10/18/2016 12:20:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

It didn't feel that great on my face. It balled up if I touched my face. It may be good in a humid climate, but dried up my face here in the desert.

on 9/9/2016 9:43:00 AM

I love some PC products, Love the Moisture Boost which they discontinued and said Calm line was a replacement but made my under eyes so dry after using it a few months, so tried this mask - burning sensation as soon as I put it on, had to take it off and the skin recovery moisturizer for extra dry skin I felt was not moisturizing at all! Trying to find a replacement for my moisture boost before I'm totally out - sucks when you love something for years and they say they make it Better but it's worse!

on 9/2/2016 10:46:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse

I used to love this mask but after they reformulated, I found it stung my skin on contact and unlike before when it would stay moist - the new formulation now kind of dries/cakes after a while. It's a shame - the original formulation was beautiful.

on 6/23/2016 8:32:00 AM

Does exactly what it's suppose to do - hydrates and leaves skin looking and feeling fresh and "bouncy". No irriation whatsoever. If you have dry skin and/or suffer from redness, this is is the face mask for you.

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I use this as a moisturizer at night, since it seems a bit wasteful as a mask. It makes my skin so soft, hydrated and calm. Perfect for the colder months! The consistency is a very thick cream, but it's easy to spread over your face and rub into skin. Love it.

on 1/29/2016 12:40:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

This is designed to replenish moisture in dry or sensitive skin that is tight and itchy or flaky. My skin is combination to slightly oily and so I rarely need this, but in winter my skin does become drier and I find it helpful to restore balance to my skin.

The mask is rather thick and creamy and feels like cold cream going on, but it soon sets to a mostly invisible finish for the twenty minutes you are supposed to leave it on. It's never completely matte and dry like a clay or charcoal mask. It feels soothing and non-irritating. It contains anti-oxidants. There is no noticeable fragrance. After twenty minutes when I wash off the mask, the skin does feel fresher and softer, and less like a desert.

I don't recommend this as an all-night sleeping mask because it can rub off on your pillows and sheets. I rinse it off after twenty minutes.

$21 for 4 ounces isn't bad when I compare the price to other brands such as LUSH or Fresh or Origins. It's cheaper than masks from Peter Thomas Roth. It comes in a tube with a flip cap, which I prefer to jar packaging.

Paula's Choice products are cruelty free.

You can usually get a free sample of this if you buy other Paula's Choice products. If you don't see it among the free sample options at checkout, you can select a sample size from the pull-down menu on the product page and try a packet for eighty cents. Most of the products are available in travel packets so it's easy to try the product before buying a full size. For overnights those foil packets of cleanser, toner, and moisturizer can save you from packing a larger duffel.

Key Ingredients: Glycine soja sterols, tocopherol, linoleic acid, macadamia nut oil, apricot kernel oil, olive oil/olive fruit oil, glycerin, evening primrose oil, tetrahexyldecyl ascorbate, phospholipid, vitamin C, sodium hyaluronate, borage seed oil, ascorbyl palmitate, vitamin E, caprylic/capric triglyceride, tocopheryl acetate, retinyl palmitate, glyceryl behanate

Product Ingredients:
Water (Aqua), Propylene Glycol Dicaprylate/Dicaprate (emollient), Butylene Glycol (slip agent), Glycerin (skin-repairing ingredient), Sorbitan Stearate (emulsifier), Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride (skin-repairing ingredient), Cetearyl Alcohol (emollient thickeners), Glyceryl Stearate (emollient thickeners), Dicaprylyl Ether (emollient), Ethyl Macadamiate (macadamia nut oil/emollient), Cyclopentasiloxane (silicone/water-binding agents), Cyclohexasiloxane (silicone/water-binding agents), Glyceryl Behenate/Eicosadioate (emollients/thickeners), Borago Officinalis (Borage) Seed Oil (all non-fragrant antioxidant plant oils), Oenothera Biennis (Evening Primrose) Oil (all non-fragrant antioxidant plant oils), Olea Europaea (Olive) Fruit Oil (all non-fragrant antioxidant plant oils), Prunus Armeniaca (Apricot) Kernel Oil (all non-fragrant antioxidant plant oils), Glycine Soja (Soybean) Sterols (antioxidant fatty acid), Tocopheryl Acetate (vitamin E/antioxidant), Tocopherol (vitamin E/antioxidant), Tetrahexyldecyl Ascorbate (stabilized vitamin C/antioxidants), Ascorbyl Palmitate (stabilized vitamin C/antioxidants), Linoleic Acid (cell-communicating ingredients), Phospholipids (cell-communicating ingredients), Sodium Hyaluronate (skin-repairing ingredient), Retinyl Palmitate (vitamin A/fatty acid-based antioxidant), Sodium Dilauramidoglutamide Lysine (skin-repairing ingredient), Cetearyl Glucoside (emollient), Sclerotium Gum (thickener), Hectorite (mineral-based suspending agent), Caprylyl Glycol (preservative), Ethylhexylglycerin (preservative), Phenoxyethanol (preservative).

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

I bought this 6 months ago and completely forgot about it. Cleaning out my drawer I found it and decided to use it because my face was parched due to the winter months. Soooo glad I did. I know it's a mask but I slather it on after my skin care routine at night and sleep in it. The next day My skin feels so hydrated and soft. In a few days it has completely changed my skin. This will definetly stay in my winter arsenal. Ladies 40 plus, this is a godsend if you have dry skin as a sleeping mask. Even better than the Korres Sleeping mask facial.. Will repurchase for sure when I run out. Oh, and no scent! Which I love! 😊

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

This is one of my favorite products, and I've never actually purchased it, I just stock up on free samples when I or my bf make an order on Paula's Choice. I only use it about once a week or less so this works for me. When my skin is feeling VERY dry, this is the perfect mask. I use a whole sample packet of this and slather it on, set a timer for 30 minutes, rinse it off, and then follow with a moisturizer. The next morning my skin is comfortable, soothed, and smooth. It doesn't aggravate my acne - if anything it reduces inflammation. It just seems to have a lot of ingredients my skin seems to love, and I'd recommend it to anyone with dry skin. Definitely one of my favorite masks.