Paula's Choice Skin Recovery Hydrating Treatment Mask

Paula's Choice Skin Recovery Hydrating Treatment Mask
Skin Recovery Hydrating Treatment Mask

4.1

Not tested on animals

Water, Propylene Glycol Dicaprylate/Dicaprate (emollient), Butylene Glycol (slip agent), Glycerin (skin-repairing ingredient), Sorbitan Stearate (emulsifier), Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride (skin-repairing ingredient), Cetearyl Alcohol, Glyceryl Stearate (emollient thickeners), Dicaprylyl Ether (emollient), Ethyl Macadamiate (macadamia nut oil/emollient), Cyclopentasiloxane, Cyclohexasiloxane (silicone/water-binding agents), Glyceryl Behenate/Eicosadioate (emollients/thickeners), Borago Officinalis (Borage) Seed Oil, Oenothera Biennis (Evening Primrose) Oil, Olea Europaea (Olive) Fruit Oil, Prunus Armeniaca (Apricot) Kernel Oil (all non-fragrant antioxidant plant oils), Glycine Soja (Soybean) Sterols (antioxidant fatty acid), Tocopheryl Acetate, Tocopherol (vitamin E/antioxidant), Tetrahexyldecyl Ascorbate, Ascorbyl Palmitate (stabilized vitamin C/antioxidants), Linoleic Acid, Phospholipids (cell-communicating ingredients), Sodium Hyaluronate (skin-repairing ingredient), Retinyl Palmitate (vitamin A/fatty acid-based antioxidant), Sodium Dilauramidoglutamide Lysine (skin-repairing ingredient), Cetearyl Glucoside (emollient), Sclerotium Gum (thickener), Hectorite (mineral-based suspending agent), Caprylyl Glycol, Ethylhexylglycerin, Phenoxyethanol (preservatives).

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

A god-send! Whenever I wash my hair on an evening my face becomes dry and tight shortly after, possibly due to the shampoo suds and how hot I like to run the water. All I need is to slather a thick layer over this over my face and throat and immediately any feeling of tightness or discomfort is erased. It's never broken me out or caused acne, despite the fact that it is made of oils. Yes it does contain silicones but at a much lower level than in other PC products, and never gives me any problems.
I leave this to absorb into my skin, which usually takes a few minutes, and then I go to sleep, no need to wash off as it's basically like a thick night cream or sleeping mask. I also have this in sample sizes which I purchased from the website to take with me when travelling and cabin air dries my skin out.

As with all soft tube products I just cut in half to get to the bottom and push the top half down over the pliable bottom half to keep it reasonably sealed and prevent it drying out. One of my fave PC products.

Selena x

~ My HG list ~

1. Hair Loss Treatment: ‘Divine Herbal’ - Hair Oil
2. Lip Balm: 'Nuxe' - Reve De Miel Lip Balm
4. Cleanser: 'Paula's Choice' - Skin Balancing Cleanser
5. Concealer: ‘Mac’ - Studio Finish Concealer
6. Lash Growth Serum: ‘Divine Herbal’ - Divinelash
7. Foundation/SPF: ‘Juice Beauty’ - Stem Cellular Repair (warm glow)
8. Face Scrub: ‘Sisley' - Botanical Gentle Buffing Cream
9. Moisturizer: ‘Antipodes' - Rejoice Light Day Cream
10. Hand Cream: 'Origins' - Make A Difference Rejuvenating Hand Treatment

I tried a sample of this.. the formulation pilled off my face, neck and chest so much, that I had to remove it with micellar water. I could not stand it! So thick and filled with silicones. You're better off putting some squalane on your face, at least it soaks in, unlike this mess... Also, it contains both Vitamin C and Vitamin A, although in very small amounts, they are still skin irritants. So if you have very sensitive skin, it's probably not for you..

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

I initially got a sample of this when I ordered some other products from Paula's Choice, and I didn't expect to like it much. Once I tried the sample and saw how much moisture it put back into my skin I immediately bought the full size. The texture is thick and not very creamy, but it spreads nicely on the skin, and as an added bonus (thanks to Paula's hardline stance against fragrance) it is unscented. I usually leave it on from anywhere between 10 to 30 minutes, and in this time my skin gets plumped and feels very soft and moisturized. I feel like the moisture does last for a while after the product is rinsed off as well, which is a huge bonus. When I started using this I had been dealing with a very bad rosacea flare and my skin was completely messed up, and using this 2-3 times a week really made a difference in the condition of my skin. I have kept using this semi-regularly, and it makes a huge difference in keeping my skin moisturized enough to ensure that I don't get another huge rosacea flare. I'd highly recommend this to anyone with combo skin, dry skin, or sensitive skin to infuse moisture.

on 2/3/2017 5:13:00 AM

Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium

This is my first ever review, that is how strongly I feel about this product.

I have sensitiv combination skin, break out easily if using bad products. Because of the climate (especially in the winter months) I have a huge problem with dryness and dehydration regarding my skin.

This mask wrecked havoc on my skin.
I have now tested it on several occasions:
First time I used it was when my skin was a total mess regarding dryness and dehydration, the mask stung like hell but I thought is was because of my extreme dryness. The first time was also in conjunction with some other new skin care treatments so when my skin acted up I chalked it up to a bad combination. Surely this mask aimed at skin like mine, from PC no less, could do this. I have since tried it on several occasions where my skin has been up and down. The last time was the final straw.

I had very good skin this time around, albeit some tightness. After an exfoliation my skin needed som TLC, reached for this mask and after ca. 5 minutes it started to feel a little tight. When the recommended time had elapsed and I washed my face I felt the burn and my face was read. I applied products that aims to calm the skin before going to bed, but still blotchy, tight and dry when I woke up. It has now passed 2 days since I last used it and my skin is still soar, itches like crazy, and is super dry with red bumps.

In to the bin it goes.
I hope this review will save someone from experiencing the same as me.

on 9/9/2016 9:43:00 AM

I love some PC products, Love the Moisture Boost which they discontinued and said Calm line was a replacement but made my under eyes so dry after using it a few months, so tried this mask - burning sensation as soon as I put it on, had to take it off and the skin recovery moisturizer for extra dry skin I felt was not moisturizing at all! Trying to find a replacement for my moisture boost before I'm totally out - sucks when you love something for years and they say they make it Better but it's worse!

on 6/23/2016 8:32:00 AM

Does exactly what it's suppose to do - hydrates and leaves skin looking and feeling fresh and "bouncy". No irriation whatsoever. If you have dry skin and/or suffer from redness, this is is the face mask for you.

on 9/19/2015 5:44:00 AM

I have combination skin with really dry and flaky skin under the eyes and I use this every night as an eye cream, all dry dry disappeared!

When my skin is feeling a bit dehydrated I put this on like 30 minutes before I take a shower. When I get out my skin is full of moisture and plump.
It not much like a "mask" but a heavy duty moisturiser without the oils and greasiness.

on 8/8/2015 9:36:00 AM

I received several samples of this mask. I used it only on the areas where I have sebhorreic dermatitis (eyebrows, bridge of my nose). It helps a little bit with the dry patches, which is impressive, because this is a very stubborn condition that most prescriptions don't even do anything for.

on 8/2/2015 10:37:00 AM

This is my HG lip balm! Yes, lip balm. Guys, try this on your lips!

This is a lifesaver for my dry winter skin. Chicago is rough in the winter and as I've started dabbling with retinols, the effect has been much drier skin than normal. I usually have combination skin, by the way, so I'm wary of using products that are targeted to dry skin because it can be too much moisture. This however was perfect- the consistency is a creamy whipped-textured cream that feels soothing. I leave it on for 20 minutes minimum. You don't see it on your face after 20 min or so but as soon as you wash it (pat dry- otherwise you're undoing all your good work), you feel the thickness of the texture. My skin looks much better- bright, a little bit more glowy (or just very clean) but also and most importantly, moisturized and hydrated.

It costs around $21 for 4 fluid oz which is a good price for me. You don't need a lot, half a teaspoon is good enough for me. A great buy.