Paula's Choice Skin Recovery Hydrating Treatment Mask

Filtered by skin type : Normal
Paula's Choice Skin Recovery Hydrating Treatment Mask
Skin Recovery Hydrating Treatment Mask

Not tested on animals

Water, Propylene Glycol Dicaprylate/Dicaprate (emollient), Butylene Glycol (slip agent), Glycerin (skin-repairing ingredient), Sorbitan Stearate (emulsifier), Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride (skin-repairing ingredient), Cetearyl Alcohol, Glyceryl Stearate (emollient thickeners), Dicaprylyl Ether (emollient), Ethyl Macadamiate (macadamia nut oil/emollient), Cyclopentasiloxane, Cyclohexasiloxane (silicone/water-binding agents), Glyceryl Behenate/Eicosadioate (emollients/thickeners), Borago Officinalis (Borage) Seed Oil, Oenothera Biennis (Evening Primrose) Oil, Olea Europaea (Olive) Fruit Oil, Prunus Armeniaca (Apricot) Kernel Oil (all non-fragrant antioxidant plant oils), Glycine Soja (Soybean) Sterols (antioxidant fatty acid), Tocopheryl Acetate, Tocopherol (vitamin E/antioxidant), Tetrahexyldecyl Ascorbate, Ascorbyl Palmitate (stabilized vitamin C/antioxidants), Linoleic Acid, Phospholipids (cell-communicating ingredients), Sodium Hyaluronate (skin-repairing ingredient), Retinyl Palmitate (vitamin A/fatty acid-based antioxidant), Sodium Dilauramidoglutamide Lysine (skin-repairing ingredient), Cetearyl Glucoside (emollient), Sclerotium Gum (thickener), Hectorite (mineral-based suspending agent), Caprylyl Glycol, Ethylhexylglycerin, Phenoxyethanol (preservatives).

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I use this as a moisturizer at night, since it seems a bit wasteful as a mask. It makes my skin so soft, hydrated and calm. Perfect for the colder months! The consistency is a very thick cream, but it's easy to spread over your face and rub into skin. Love it.

on 1/6/2015 9:10:00 AM

I love this product, but I wouldn't call it a mask. I use it as a night cream in winter with very good results. You don't have to have dry skin to try it, actually I think it doesn't give enough moisture to very dry skin. It gives excellent protection to normal or slightly dry skin against cold weather and heating. In the summer I can imagine using it after a sunburn or anytime after exfoliation treatments. It's a very soothing cream, and my skin absorbs it totally until the morning, so I never wash it down. I even recommend it to people with oily or combination skin.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

This is my skin's best friend forever. It is a very creamy and rich moisturizing mask that works as promised. I apply a thick layer to my face first thing after every shower (esp. in Fall/Winter) and let it sink in while I am applying body lotion and dressing up. I take the excess off with a moistened cotton pad (DHC Silky Cotton works a treat, it is very resistant). Then I proceed with the rest of my skin care routine. Without fail it gives me a moisturized, plumbed up and youthful looking skin. It is full of good ingredients for my skin (e.g. olive, borage seed and evening primrose oils, phospholipids, vitamins C and E, sodium hyaluronate), is very soothing, never irritating and costs a very reasonable $21 for a 4 oz. tube. What is not to love?

Bottom line: LOVE. Have repurchased, will repurchase, always.

on 7/25/2014 9:49:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

I HAD THE SAMPLE.
(This line can be tricky to shop for because of the repetitivenous names. There is a retinol serum in similiar red packaging. Just check the front labels.)
I liked this mask a lot more than her mask for oily skin despite my skin being oily at that time. This only has one mask like ingredient wich is hectorite but it still turned to a slightly dry touch while moisturizing my skin. It is thick yet on my face it went on clear. This does have a lot of ingredients that 'Paula' generally recommends.

on 4/10/2013 11:03:00 AM

I gave this product 5 lippies with a slightly different perspective.

This so called, "hydrating treatment mask" really doesn't work well as a mask. So I would give this product a horrible rating if I were to rate it as the sole purpose of using it as a mask. It's a bad bad mask.

But Read On. Why do I love this product?

TEXTURE: It's a light textured, not so heavy, ever so slightly thick lotion like texture. If you have all used Johnson & Johnson Baby Lotion, it's lighter than that but not a runny consistency.

No breakouts, no whiteheads, etc.
No fragrances, no harsh additives, Non-greasy.
Love this aspect.

PRICE: $16? You'll definitely get your bucks out of this product. Here is why.

I live in Toronto Canada and it gets very cold and dry in the winter.
I am 24 years old, have normal to dry skin which was pulling in every direction as soon as I landed in Toronto a few months ago. I was looking for a solution so I initially searched for a mask until I ordered this product accidently.

I apply a very thin layer of this mask over a cream or daily moisturizer if I feel like I need something extra, depending on the weather and the condition of my skin. It seems to work, it really hydrates and my skin absorbs it.

Recently, I have been getting more creative and used this mask by mixing a pea size amount with 1-2 drops of face oil (Bobbi Brown Extra Face Oil or Darphin Rose Aromatic Care) and applying directly to my face at night. I've always found applying face oil a difficult task for me. I seem to have a heavy hand and I can't help myself. But this trick actually seems to help the face oil to absorb into my skin faster, thanks to this Paula's Choice mask. This helps to relieve my skin for the night and my face is so soft in the morning when I wake up.

FINAL VERDICT:
Although this product doesn't live up to its true purpose as advertised, I think they should just change the name to "Multipurpose Cream" and sell sell sell. At $15 a tube, it's a bargain in my opinion. It's just a simple moisturizer that doesn't do any harm to your skin and you can mix with other products or layer it depending on your needs. I sometimes even apply some on my hand if I see it.

Try it, and if it doesn't work for you as a mask or even as a moisturizer I'm sure you can figure out a creative way to use this product, ONLY because this product doesn't have any complex ingredients.

I find this facial mask to be excellent. I love using it when my skin has just had enough- either too much exfoliation, or else just stubborn dry patches that won't go away, even after intense moisturization. The winters are very cold here, and I also use Retin-A micro, so about three times during the winter months I whip out this facial mask and just slather it on. What I really like about it, is that it goes on kinda slick, but then sinks into my skin in about five minutes. I usually leave this on for about twenty minutes, and can actually see the moisture pouring itself back in. My skin always looks plump and radiant after I rinse this off, and it feels satisfied. I've never broken out from it, and I know I can count on this to take my skin back to a normal texture each time I use it. I wouldn't say this is for the hot humid summer months, but it certainly doesn't hurt to have a tube of this during the fall and winter.

I use this mask as a night time moisturizer rather than an actual mask. I haven't used it much during the summer, but during the fall/winter months, this mask is *amazing.* I like that it's mild - it doesn't irritate my skin at all and there's no fragrance to it, which is awesome because I can't handle scented anything. I only use a small amount when my skin is normal, but when it's ridiculously dry, I'll use a decent amount of product and in most cases, my skin is sufficiently hydrated the next morning. I would purchase this again, definitely.