Paula's Choice Skin Recovery Hydrating Treatment Mask

Paula's Choice Skin Recovery Hydrating Treatment Mask
Skin Recovery Hydrating Treatment Mask

4.3

Not tested on animals

Water, Propylene Glycol Dicaprylate/Dicaprate (emollient), Butylene Glycol (slip agent), Glycerin (skin-repairing ingredient), Sorbitan Stearate (emulsifier), Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride (skin-repairing ingredient), Cetearyl Alcohol, Glyceryl Stearate (emollient thickeners), Dicaprylyl Ether (emollient), Ethyl Macadamiate (macadamia nut oil/emollient), Cyclopentasiloxane, Cyclohexasiloxane (silicone/water-binding agents), Glyceryl Behenate/Eicosadioate (emollients/thickeners), Borago Officinalis (Borage) Seed Oil, Oenothera Biennis (Evening Primrose) Oil, Olea Europaea (Olive) Fruit Oil, Prunus Armeniaca (Apricot) Kernel Oil (all non-fragrant antioxidant plant oils), Glycine Soja (Soybean) Sterols (antioxidant fatty acid), Tocopheryl Acetate, Tocopherol (vitamin E/antioxidant), Tetrahexyldecyl Ascorbate, Ascorbyl Palmitate (stabilized vitamin C/antioxidants), Linoleic Acid, Phospholipids (cell-communicating ingredients), Sodium Hyaluronate (skin-repairing ingredient), Retinyl Palmitate (vitamin A/fatty acid-based antioxidant), Sodium Dilauramidoglutamide Lysine (skin-repairing ingredient), Cetearyl Glucoside (emollient), Sclerotium Gum (thickener), Hectorite (mineral-based suspending agent), Caprylyl Glycol, Ethylhexylglycerin, Phenoxyethanol (preservatives).

I love this stuff! I use it almost everyday around a half hour before I go into the shower :) Without it my skin gets really die. The texture feels really creamy, which I love!

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

I bought this 6 months ago and completely forgot about it. Cleaning out my drawer I found it and decided to use it because my face was parched due to the winter months. Soooo glad I did. I know it's a mask but I slather it on after my skin care routine at night and sleep in it. The next day My skin feels so hydrated and soft. In a few days it has completely changed my skin. This will definetly stay in my winter arsenal. Ladies 40 plus, this is a godsend if you have dry skin as a sleeping mask. Even better than the Korres Sleeping mask facial.. Will repurchase for sure when I run out. Oh, and no scent! Which I love! 😊

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

This is one of my favorite products, and I've never actually purchased it, I just stock up on free samples when I or my bf make an order on Paula's Choice. I only use it about once a week or less so this works for me. When my skin is feeling VERY dry, this is the perfect mask. I use a whole sample packet of this and slather it on, set a timer for 30 minutes, rinse it off, and then follow with a moisturizer. The next morning my skin is comfortable, soothed, and smooth. It doesn't aggravate my acne - if anything it reduces inflammation. It just seems to have a lot of ingredients my skin seems to love, and I'd recommend it to anyone with dry skin. Definitely one of my favorite masks.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

I've always seen a lot of reviewers talking about this brand while scanning reviews for products on Makupalley but to be honest, I never jumped into the hype. However after receiving a gift card for Paulas Choice website, I figured now was the best time to test how well they worked for me. I have very dry dehydrated skin so I decided this would be a great first test. I've tried plenty of moisturizing masks but my biggest complaint is, most of them dry on the skin & don't leave it feeling very moisturized. I've been using Glam Glows Moisturizing Mask but the price is ridiculous. This however is a mask I will use FOR LIFE. This is very creamy going on & it stays creamy on my skin until I rinse it off. My face felt super moisturized, soft, supple, & even dewy. I've used this a few times in the morning before getting ready & it's left my skin feeling great. The price is not that bad when you compare it to others moisturizing masks out there. After have tried them all, both drug store & high end, this is 100% the best one if you have dry skin.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

I love this product!! I've been using this a couple of times per week for the past few weeks and have definitely noticed an improvement on my skin. My skin isn't necessarily overly dry on the surface but it is dehydrated however since using this product as an overnight treatment, my skin is looking more plump and healthy looking with more radiance. My skin has a tendency to look somewhat dull at times but since I've been using this, it has definitely improved. So far I am really impressed with Paula's Choice products and I will be purchasing more as I trust the brand and the products. I highly recommend :)

I do enjoy PC products , but this mask makes me red every time I try it. It also angers my eczema.

on 8/16/2014 6:48:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse

YUK! I cannot stand this stuff! It leaves a terrible waxy film behind (on my face anyhow) and the ingredient list is just terrible, which is ironic considering she's the go-to for expert advice on ingredients. And the waxy film issue wasn't even the worst part by far... This is also the only product I have ever used/tried in my 25+ years of cosmetic and facial treatment usage that has ever left me with a super bad reaction issue. While I have tried products that aggravated my skin nothing has been as bad as this - my skin was really itchy (to the point I had to actively force myself to stop scratching it!), which lasted about 24 hrs. I figure its got something to do with the 20 thousand unnecessary ingredients in this stuff. This mask was so bad that it just re-affirmed my suspicions that Paula's website filters reviews (something I considered to be true for a while now bc everything is rated so highly when I know personally and from friends there are some crappy products in her line).

Paula's choice products are always very hit and miss for me; the one's that are good are amazing but when they are bad they are REALLY bad. This one is horrible. I wish I could give it zero stars, for realz. But since I can't, I will just warn people with sensitive and super dry skin to stay far away from this product.

I have dry skin prone to eczema and this mask has worked wonders for me. Keeps my skin super soft. I keep it on overnight and wake up to soft skin. I love the entire Paula's choice skin recovery line. Her products have done wonders for my skin.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I'm a PC fan. Been using the products for 10+ years. I've used every product in the Skin Recovery Line (the dry skin line) with the exception of the cleanser b/c I simply refuse to pay big bucks for something that is on my face <1min.

On with the review... Like almost everyone, I use this overnight. I do not wash it off. This product has great hydration. I particularly like it around my eyes. I just don't find it as calming as the Skin Recovery Moisturizer. The Skin Recovery moisturizer feels SO SOOTHING and nourishing. Like another reviewer said... sometimes this mask stings *just a tiny bit* on my cheeks (my most sensitive area) but the sensation doesn't last and it's not every time. While I prefer the Skin Recovery Moisturizer, I like that this mask is less than half the price of the Skin Recovery Moisturizer (that's why I bought it).

Even though I have bought this more than once over the years, I think this latest tube has convinced me not to buy it again. I'm going to try CeraVe's eye cream next I think.

If you're looking at these reviews debating, buy it!! I highly recommend and I'm someone who buys and researches just about everything. A true product junkie. This entire line is amazing. I have very dry skin and have never seen a product give the results like this. The whole line is like that - amazing. Leaves skin glowing and fresh - so healthy.