Paula's Choice Skin Recovery Hydrating Treatment Mask

Paula's Choice Skin Recovery Hydrating Treatment Mask
Skin Recovery Hydrating Treatment Mask

3.6

Not tested on animals

Water, Propylene Glycol Dicaprylate/Dicaprate (emollient), Butylene Glycol (slip agent), Glycerin (skin-repairing ingredient), Sorbitan Stearate (emulsifier), Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride (skin-repairing ingredient), Cetearyl Alcohol, Glyceryl Stearate (emollient thickeners), Dicaprylyl Ether (emollient), Ethyl Macadamiate (macadamia nut oil/emollient), Cyclopentasiloxane, Cyclohexasiloxane (silicone/water-binding agents), Glyceryl Behenate/Eicosadioate (emollients/thickeners), Borago Officinalis (Borage) Seed Oil, Oenothera Biennis (Evening Primrose) Oil, Olea Europaea (Olive) Fruit Oil, Prunus Armeniaca (Apricot) Kernel Oil (all non-fragrant antioxidant plant oils), Glycine Soja (Soybean) Sterols (antioxidant fatty acid), Tocopheryl Acetate, Tocopherol (vitamin E/antioxidant), Tetrahexyldecyl Ascorbate, Ascorbyl Palmitate (stabilized vitamin C/antioxidants), Linoleic Acid, Phospholipids (cell-communicating ingredients), Sodium Hyaluronate (skin-repairing ingredient), Retinyl Palmitate (vitamin A/fatty acid-based antioxidant), Sodium Dilauramidoglutamide Lysine (skin-repairing ingredient), Cetearyl Glucoside (emollient), Sclerotium Gum (thickener), Hectorite (mineral-based suspending agent), Caprylyl Glycol, Ethylhexylglycerin, Phenoxyethanol (preservatives).

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Warm

I used to really love this, but now it's given me a burn under my eye that hurts so badly. It's stung before but this is unbearable. I don't understand what's wrong.

on 5/21/2017 9:53:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Curly, Other

My dry, sensitive skin loves this in combination with an AHA product like Drunk Elephant Framboos serum. Leave my skin soft and glowy. Not irritating at all, good price, cruelty free. Will definitely repurchase.

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Warm

For this price tag it's WOW! I use this 1-2 times a week, also under my eye area and especially after more heavy treatments. One favourite is to put it on after some 20 min use of Paula's weekly AHA-treatment. Such a good combination. This has been my go to-mask for 2 years straight. Will never stop purchasing!

Skin: Very Dry, Dark, Cool

This product is ah-mazing! It makes my skin feel soft as butter. I was looking for a dupe to Glam Glow Thirsty Mud and came across this. I ordered a couple samples and then ordered the full size later. While it is not quite as good as Glam Glo, it's still a great product and for the price, and I don't feel like I'm settling for less. I use it as my night cream and I don't rinse. It does not aggravate my eczema or cause acne breakouts. Another keeper.

on 4/27/2015 6:28:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

I've been using Paula's Choice products for about 2 months and have seen a very significant difference in my skin. The major difference is the way my skin glows and the way makeup enhances that instead of covering and/or making me look worse because of the bad texture of my skin. I have extremely dry AND dehydrated skin. I apply this daily, in the evening after cleansing and toning and prior to my nighttime skin care. I find this really helps bump up the hydration of my skin. You get a lot product, the packaging is effective and the price is reasonable.

on 11/10/2012 4:19:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I have been using this when I travel - it's a fantastic moisturizer on the plane. It is not really effective as a mask but as an occasional overnight moisturizer and a spot treatment for dry patches, this product is excellent. The price is very reasonable and I keep a little container of this cream in my purse at all times. Use it on my face, hands, neck - anywhere I want a quick boost of soothing moisture.

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Paula has a good (not great, not stellar, not HG) product here, however, I had to use it as a leave-on moisturizer (per the suggestion on the package) instead of a mask for it to be effective. So instead of a 'treatment', I needed to use this product as an everyday moisturizer, night and day (before applying SPF product during the day) . This is closer to what I would expect a moisturizer for very dry skin to be like and I expect a hydrating treatment mask labeled for 'very dry skin' to be even richer and more hydrating.

I am happy to have found something that works for my rougher than 32-bit grade sandpaper skin, less moisture than the cracked desert earth at noon after 9,000 days with no rain, but given Paula's knowledge on skin care and matching ingredients with skin type (as makes sense), I expected more.

Paula beats certain horses to death (and rightfully so) and one is companies not creating products that actually benefit the skin types it claims to (ie: a hydrating product marketed for dry skin that contains highly drying and irritating ingredients). It would be nice to see some products, particularly from Paula's Choice, targeted specifically for very dry skin instead of the range I usually find of 'normal to dry' or as with the Paula's Choice Line, 'dry to very dry', all of which seem to cater to the closer to normal than dry skin.

I would imagine people with excessively oily skin may feel the same way, that products are catered too much toward the middle, toward normal. With so many people on this earth, I surely can't be as far in the minority as it seems when doing a search for skin care products for those with very, very, very dry skin (and those on the other end of the spectrum).

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral

I use this mask as a facial cream and I just love it. It's the best cream/lotion/moisturizer I have ever tried. I'm surprised that I actually found a HG. I'm 35, have acne prone and somewhat dry skin. This product makes my skin healthy and glowing. Other moisturizers have been minor disappointments at best.

I use it at night. During periods with drier skin I like to smear on a thick layer before I go to bed. The next morning I wake up having a more even toned and glowy complexion than I could imagine. Literally!

I like it so much I sometimes even use it as a body lotion, especially in the summer. At $14.95 for 4oz/ 118ml I can allow myself the lyxury of using a facial product on the entire body.

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

This really moisturizes. When I'm really desperate, and it's winter, and my skin is super-dry, I'll even use this as a daytime moisturizer. Most people probably don't want to do that, though. It works great as a mask when you notice that your skin is drier than normal. Don't get it too near your eyes, though.

on 3/28/2007 10:04:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Stung my face after application. Did not hydrate my face at all. What a waste of time and money. And energy applying it. Difficult to wash this mask off as well.