Paula's Choice Skin Recovery Hydrating Treatment Mask

Paula's Choice Skin Recovery Hydrating Treatment Mask
Skin Recovery Hydrating Treatment Mask

4.3

Not tested on animals

Water, Propylene Glycol Dicaprylate/Dicaprate (emollient), Butylene Glycol (slip agent), Glycerin (skin-repairing ingredient), Sorbitan Stearate (emulsifier), Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride (skin-repairing ingredient), Cetearyl Alcohol, Glyceryl Stearate (emollient thickeners), Dicaprylyl Ether (emollient), Ethyl Macadamiate (macadamia nut oil/emollient), Cyclopentasiloxane, Cyclohexasiloxane (silicone/water-binding agents), Glyceryl Behenate/Eicosadioate (emollients/thickeners), Borago Officinalis (Borage) Seed Oil, Oenothera Biennis (Evening Primrose) Oil, Olea Europaea (Olive) Fruit Oil, Prunus Armeniaca (Apricot) Kernel Oil (all non-fragrant antioxidant plant oils), Glycine Soja (Soybean) Sterols (antioxidant fatty acid), Tocopheryl Acetate, Tocopherol (vitamin E/antioxidant), Tetrahexyldecyl Ascorbate, Ascorbyl Palmitate (stabilized vitamin C/antioxidants), Linoleic Acid, Phospholipids (cell-communicating ingredients), Sodium Hyaluronate (skin-repairing ingredient), Retinyl Palmitate (vitamin A/fatty acid-based antioxidant), Sodium Dilauramidoglutamide Lysine (skin-repairing ingredient), Cetearyl Glucoside (emollient), Sclerotium Gum (thickener), Hectorite (mineral-based suspending agent), Caprylyl Glycol, Ethylhexylglycerin, Phenoxyethanol (preservatives).

Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure

My skin is so dehydrated, it just soaks it right up. So, it doesn't seem very mask-like. I'll keep buying it, though.

on 4/27/2014 3:54:00 PM

I have normal to slightly dry super sensitive skin (very mild rosacea) so I can only keep this on for a few hours at most (longer will cause flushing). It has a white creamy texture that basically dissolves into your skin and morphs into an oil and leaves an oil-like film on the skin. It rinses off easily. I do find this mask to be hydrating and softening. I use it once a week and haven't had any irritation or breakout issues.

I would repurchase again but I don't feel it's HG. For reference, I didn't like the other products in the Skin Recovery line - too heavy and dulling for my skin. I paid $19 for a 4 oz. tube.

on 2/19/2014 3:15:00 PM

Skin: Other, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Other, Medium

I didn't exactly plan to get this. It was on sale and I needed a night moisturizer. It was also 4oz at a very attractive price. In hindsight, I probably would have tried in time anyways because of those 2 facts. I just actually finished the tube a couple days ago.

PROS: You get a lot of it, and no breakouts or clogging.

CONS: Sometimes it stings on application. No idea why and itís not so much/intense that I stop using it, but itís something to note. Also, it doesn't actually seem so intensely hydrating. I don't know what I was expecting, but it was more.

OTHER: It has a thick texture, but not too thick. It doesnít seem like a mask though. And for being in the driest skin line, it absorbs oddly quite well. Itís not greasy or shiny; you could wear this in the daytime.

OVERALL: It kept my skin where it was and didnít do anything bad to it. Maybe my skin just drank it up, because it doesnít seem as intense/oily as I expected. It is winter though. My skin wasn't too really matte though, so it must have done something. Iím giving it a 3 because I wasnít affected enough for a 4.

I cannot say enough good things about this! I put this on at night when I am severely dehydrated, sometimes I use this as a moisturizer. It has no perfumes, and is so effective. It does not cause breakouts.
In warmer weather, I show extremely oily skin. I wear this as a mask, and rinse it off well in the morning. It does not add oil, only increase the hydration of my skin. I am reaching my 45th birthday soon.
What I love most about this product is the lack of perfumes, irritants and greasiness. I highly suggest that you ladies who have issues with dry skin (even sensitive) give this product a try. I do not think that you will be disappointed.

By the way, DO use this as an overnight treatment. You will see the best results that way.

on 8/17/2007 9:10:00 PM

I use this mask as a night cream when my skin really needs some moisture. It delivers. I have sahara desert skin when I go to bed and when I wake up it's soft and clear--no breakouts either. What I like most is how light it is. Who wants to put a really heavy thick cream on their face?

I really love this product. I use it around my eyes and mouth where my skin gets drier. It almost has the consistency of pudding. I love it more than the Recovery Moisturizer. It just feels so soothing. I also have no stinging or irritation when applied.

I am 41 years old and lately my skin just cries out for moisture. The minute I apply any cream or lotion to my face I can practically hear it breath a sigh of relief. I bought this masque out of curiosity and the price was right, I figured...what the heck? I have used it twice and I love it! I use it after a scrub and I leave it on for about 30 minutes. I rinse it off and my skin is like a babies!! So soft and it just looks youthful and plumped up beautifully. My face does not feel the least bit greasy after this and I love the way all my fine lines around my eyes seem to disappaer after using this. I can imagine that this would be wonderful to leave on overnight in the depths of winter when my skin is even drier than it is now. I even used this around my eyes and on my eye lids as sort of an eye masque and it was gentle enough to not cause any watery eyes or itching. This is a wonderful product and I will definitely be re-buying!

on 10/11/2004 1:07:00 PM

Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure

EDIT: It irriates my eczema and burns my skin. Will not repurchase.

This is just OK IMO. It hydrates while it's on my face, but when I rinsed if off the effect was gone, and my skin was not any more hydrated the next morning. Not a necessity to me and kind of a waste. If I want moisture I'll just use moisturizer on my face.