Paula's Choice Skin Recovery Hydrating Treatment Mask

Paula's Choice Skin Recovery Hydrating Treatment Mask
Skin Recovery Hydrating Treatment Mask

4.4

Not tested on animals

Water, Propylene Glycol Dicaprylate/Dicaprate (emollient), Butylene Glycol (slip agent), Glycerin (skin-repairing ingredient), Sorbitan Stearate (emulsifier), Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride (skin-repairing ingredient), Cetearyl Alcohol, Glyceryl Stearate (emollient thickeners), Dicaprylyl Ether (emollient), Ethyl Macadamiate (macadamia nut oil/emollient), Cyclopentasiloxane, Cyclohexasiloxane (silicone/water-binding agents), Glyceryl Behenate/Eicosadioate (emollients/thickeners), Borago Officinalis (Borage) Seed Oil, Oenothera Biennis (Evening Primrose) Oil, Olea Europaea (Olive) Fruit Oil, Prunus Armeniaca (Apricot) Kernel Oil (all non-fragrant antioxidant plant oils), Glycine Soja (Soybean) Sterols (antioxidant fatty acid), Tocopheryl Acetate, Tocopherol (vitamin E/antioxidant), Tetrahexyldecyl Ascorbate, Ascorbyl Palmitate (stabilized vitamin C/antioxidants), Linoleic Acid, Phospholipids (cell-communicating ingredients), Sodium Hyaluronate (skin-repairing ingredient), Retinyl Palmitate (vitamin A/fatty acid-based antioxidant), Sodium Dilauramidoglutamide Lysine (skin-repairing ingredient), Cetearyl Glucoside (emollient), Sclerotium Gum (thickener), Hectorite (mineral-based suspending agent), Caprylyl Glycol, Ethylhexylglycerin, Phenoxyethanol (preservatives).

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

Very moisturizing mask, very good during the winter. I love that it is fragrance free. It would be too much if used during winter.

This is a lifesaver for my dry winter skin. Chicago is rough in the winter and as I've started dabbling with retinols, the effect has been much drier skin than normal. I usually have combination skin, by the way, so I'm wary of using products that are targeted to dry skin because it can be too much moisture. This however was perfect- the consistency is a creamy whipped-textured cream that feels soothing. I leave it on for 20 minutes minimum. You don't see it on your face after 20 min or so but as soon as you wash it (pat dry- otherwise you're undoing all your good work), you feel the thickness of the texture. My skin looks much better- bright, a little bit more glowy (or just very clean) but also and most importantly, moisturized and hydrated.

It costs around $21 for 4 fluid oz which is a good price for me. You don't need a lot, half a teaspoon is good enough for me. A great buy.

on 6/5/2014 1:01:00 AM

Ouch! This burned like crazy and didn't stop burning. I had to wash my face again to get it all off--rinsing wasn't enough. Clearly not the product for me.

on 4/27/2014 3:54:00 PM

I have normal to slightly dry super sensitive skin (very mild rosacea) so I can only keep this on for a few hours at most (longer will cause flushing). It has a white creamy texture that basically dissolves into your skin and morphs into an oil and leaves an oil-like film on the skin. It rinses off easily. I do find this mask to be hydrating and softening. I use it once a week and haven't had any irritation or breakout issues.

I would repurchase again but I don't feel it's HG. For reference, I didn't like the other products in the Skin Recovery line - too heavy and dulling for my skin. I paid $19 for a 4 oz. tube.

Skin: Combination, Other, Cool

I'm on my second tube of this stuff. I love it. I am a regular retin A user and I'm starting to feel very dehydrated. No other moisturizer I've tried has helped with that tight dry feeling. This mask soothes my skin like nothing else has. I don't use it as a mask but as a moisturizer at night. I will probably use it as long as it's on the market.

on 12/26/2008 11:03:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

I love this product. I've been using it for about two years and it is the only moisturizer I'll ever put on my face again. It is listed as a mask but can be used as an every day moisturizer. Probably not good for oily or combination skin but great for dry skin. It makes my face baby smooth. I use this with the 8% Alpha Hydroxy gel. Both great products. Now if I use anything else my skin feels tight and dry.

I'm not a huge Paula's Choice fan but these products are excellent. I've spent hundreds of dollars (maybe thousands?) on other moisturizers over the years and this is the best I've ever found.

I have VERY dry skin.

on 8/17/2007 9:10:00 PM

I use this mask as a night cream when my skin really needs some moisture. It delivers. I have sahara desert skin when I go to bed and when I wake up it's soft and clear--no breakouts either. What I like most is how light it is. Who wants to put a really heavy thick cream on their face?

I find this facial mask to be excellent. I love using it when my skin has just had enough- either too much exfoliation, or else just stubborn dry patches that won't go away, even after intense moisturization. The winters are very cold here, and I also use Retin-A micro, so about three times during the winter months I whip out this facial mask and just slather it on. What I really like about it, is that it goes on kinda slick, but then sinks into my skin in about five minutes. I usually leave this on for about twenty minutes, and can actually see the moisture pouring itself back in. My skin always looks plump and radiant after I rinse this off, and it feels satisfied. I've never broken out from it, and I know I can count on this to take my skin back to a normal texture each time I use it. I wouldn't say this is for the hot humid summer months, but it certainly doesn't hurt to have a tube of this during the fall and winter.