Paula's Choice Skin Recovery Hydrating Treatment Mask

Paula's Choice Skin Recovery Hydrating Treatment Mask
Skin Recovery Hydrating Treatment Mask

4.1

Not tested on animals

Water, Propylene Glycol Dicaprylate/Dicaprate (emollient), Butylene Glycol (slip agent), Glycerin (skin-repairing ingredient), Sorbitan Stearate (emulsifier), Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride (skin-repairing ingredient), Cetearyl Alcohol, Glyceryl Stearate (emollient thickeners), Dicaprylyl Ether (emollient), Ethyl Macadamiate (macadamia nut oil/emollient), Cyclopentasiloxane, Cyclohexasiloxane (silicone/water-binding agents), Glyceryl Behenate/Eicosadioate (emollients/thickeners), Borago Officinalis (Borage) Seed Oil, Oenothera Biennis (Evening Primrose) Oil, Olea Europaea (Olive) Fruit Oil, Prunus Armeniaca (Apricot) Kernel Oil (all non-fragrant antioxidant plant oils), Glycine Soja (Soybean) Sterols (antioxidant fatty acid), Tocopheryl Acetate, Tocopherol (vitamin E/antioxidant), Tetrahexyldecyl Ascorbate, Ascorbyl Palmitate (stabilized vitamin C/antioxidants), Linoleic Acid, Phospholipids (cell-communicating ingredients), Sodium Hyaluronate (skin-repairing ingredient), Retinyl Palmitate (vitamin A/fatty acid-based antioxidant), Sodium Dilauramidoglutamide Lysine (skin-repairing ingredient), Cetearyl Glucoside (emollient), Sclerotium Gum (thickener), Hectorite (mineral-based suspending agent), Caprylyl Glycol, Ethylhexylglycerin, Phenoxyethanol (preservatives).

on 9/9/2016 9:43:00 AM

I love some PC products, Love the Moisture Boost which they discontinued and said Calm line was a replacement but made my under eyes so dry after using it a few months, so tried this mask - burning sensation as soon as I put it on, had to take it off and the skin recovery moisturizer for extra dry skin I felt was not moisturizing at all! Trying to find a replacement for my moisture boost before I'm totally out - sucks when you love something for years and they say they make it Better but it's worse!

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

I bought this 6 months ago and completely forgot about it. Cleaning out my drawer I found it and decided to use it because my face was parched due to the winter months. Soooo glad I did. I know it's a mask but I slather it on after my skin care routine at night and sleep in it. The next day My skin feels so hydrated and soft. In a few days it has completely changed my skin. This will definetly stay in my winter arsenal. Ladies 40 plus, this is a godsend if you have dry skin as a sleeping mask. Even better than the Korres Sleeping mask facial.. Will repurchase for sure when I run out. Oh, and no scent! Which I love! 😊

on 8/8/2015 9:36:00 AM

I received several samples of this mask. I used it only on the areas where I have sebhorreic dermatitis (eyebrows, bridge of my nose). It helps a little bit with the dry patches, which is impressive, because this is a very stubborn condition that most prescriptions don't even do anything for.

Skin: Combination, Olive, Cool

I ordered this mask in a sample size to see if my skin liked it. I must have gone through 6 sample-sized packets, then I gave in and bought the full-sized tube. I did not waste my dollars. I use it as an overnight mask all over my face but not everyday. I use it about 3 times a week, maybe more depending on what time of the month it is. One and a half weeks before my period I use a lot of anti-acne products, which dries my face. Then I use this mask to help bring back some moisture without adding to the breakouts.
It works well for me, so much so that I am addicted to it now. Best of all I don't scare my husband half to death when I climb in bed with a face mask on. It is nice and clear, and he can't even tell I am wearing a mask! Win!!!

on 11/10/2012 4:19:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I have been using this when I travel - it's a fantastic moisturizer on the plane. It is not really effective as a mask but as an occasional overnight moisturizer and a spot treatment for dry patches, this product is excellent. The price is very reasonable and I keep a little container of this cream in my purse at all times. Use it on my face, hands, neck - anywhere I want a quick boost of soothing moisture.

on 7/8/2012 2:33:00 PM

I love this as a night cream but personally I wouldn't use it as a mask.It's really nothing like a mask. It's very hydrating and is a super moisturiser.

on 5/6/2009 2:22:00 PM

This is the only PC product that I tossed before finishing. It didn't do anything for my skin (combination leaning toward dry) as a mask. It did no harm, but it was just a time-consuming extra step. As a moisturizer, it never absorbed completely. Paula's Skin Recovery Moisturizer and Hydrating Treatment Cream are both more effective for me. I imagine it may be nice for something to put on your face while soaking in the tub -- the steam might help it penetrate better. (I say imagine because I don't have a tub. Just a shower, unfortunately.) Definitely get a sample before purchasing.

I bought a sample of this after reading the MUA reviews, when it was summer w/some very dry spells, It's still often hot & dry, & this is an absolute life-saver! Along with keeping my skin looking moist during the very hot, dry days it's wonderful for use any time my skin starts showing little dehydration lines or just looking dull & dry. I've never tried using this as a mask-I always use it as a night cream. It's rich but not oily, the thickness & texture are about like thick cream, & it absorbs very well. It never makes my skin look or feel greasy, instead leaving it feeling very moist & supple. I wish the PC day moisturizers worked & felt as good, but they just don't quite do the job for me & have too many artificial ingredients for my taste.

The price of this-$12.95/4 oz.-is way fair, esp. considering that I only need a small amt. when I use it. The tube is a fine package, though I'm wishing that more skincare co.'s would use sustainable packaging like Burt's Bees (if only they'd use opaque glass!)

on 2/2/2008 12:43:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse

Loaded with silicone, yucky feeling. I didn't see any improvement, still need a lighter than normal application of moisturizer on top after removal of this Tx mask. Personally, I preferred those glycerin based cream mask instead. I am using this as a hand cream,... or squeaky door hinges.

on 12/21/2007 11:54:00 AM

I love this product. I use it as a moisturizer in winter instead of a mask. It also makes a great eye cream. Very moisturizing, does not leave a greasy feel, just leaves skin feeling soft and moisturized.