Paula's Choice Skin Recovery Hydrating Treatment Mask

Paula's Choice Skin Recovery Hydrating Treatment Mask
Skin Recovery Hydrating Treatment Mask

4.2

Not tested on animals

Water, Propylene Glycol Dicaprylate/Dicaprate (emollient), Butylene Glycol (slip agent), Glycerin (skin-repairing ingredient), Sorbitan Stearate (emulsifier), Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride (skin-repairing ingredient), Cetearyl Alcohol, Glyceryl Stearate (emollient thickeners), Dicaprylyl Ether (emollient), Ethyl Macadamiate (macadamia nut oil/emollient), Cyclopentasiloxane, Cyclohexasiloxane (silicone/water-binding agents), Glyceryl Behenate/Eicosadioate (emollients/thickeners), Borago Officinalis (Borage) Seed Oil, Oenothera Biennis (Evening Primrose) Oil, Olea Europaea (Olive) Fruit Oil, Prunus Armeniaca (Apricot) Kernel Oil (all non-fragrant antioxidant plant oils), Glycine Soja (Soybean) Sterols (antioxidant fatty acid), Tocopheryl Acetate, Tocopherol (vitamin E/antioxidant), Tetrahexyldecyl Ascorbate, Ascorbyl Palmitate (stabilized vitamin C/antioxidants), Linoleic Acid, Phospholipids (cell-communicating ingredients), Sodium Hyaluronate (skin-repairing ingredient), Retinyl Palmitate (vitamin A/fatty acid-based antioxidant), Sodium Dilauramidoglutamide Lysine (skin-repairing ingredient), Cetearyl Glucoside (emollient), Sclerotium Gum (thickener), Hectorite (mineral-based suspending agent), Caprylyl Glycol, Ethylhexylglycerin, Phenoxyethanol (preservatives).

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

A god-send! Whenever I wash my hair on an evening my face becomes dry and tight shortly after, possibly due to the shampoo suds and how hot I like to run the water. All I need is to slather a thick layer over this over my face and throat and immediately any feeling of tightness or discomfort is erased. It's never broken me out or caused acne, despite the fact that it is made of oils. Yes it does contain silicones but at a much lower level than in other PC products, and never gives me any problems.
I leave this to absorb into my skin, which usually takes a few minutes, and then I go to sleep, no need to wash off as it's basically like a thick night cream or sleeping mask. I also have this in sample sizes which I purchased from the website to take with me when travelling and cabin air dries my skin out.

As with all soft tube products I just cut in half to get to the bottom and push the top half down over the pliable bottom half to keep it reasonably sealed and prevent it drying out. One of my fave PC products.

Selena x

~ My HG list ~

1. Hair Loss Treatment: ‘Divine Herbal’ - Hair Oil
2. Lip Balm: 'Nuxe' - Reve De Miel Lip Balm
4. Cleanser: 'Paula's Choice' - Skin Balancing Cleanser
5. Concealer: ‘Mac’ - Studio Finish Concealer
6. Lash Growth Serum: ‘Divine Herbal’ - Divinelash
7. Foundation/SPF: ‘Juice Beauty’ - Stem Cellular Repair (warm glow)
8. Face Scrub: ‘Sisley' - Botanical Gentle Buffing Cream
9. Moisturizer: ‘Antipodes' - Rejoice Light Day Cream
10. Hand Cream: 'Origins' - Make A Difference Rejuvenating Hand Treatment

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

I initially got a sample of this when I ordered some other products from Paula's Choice, and I didn't expect to like it much. Once I tried the sample and saw how much moisture it put back into my skin I immediately bought the full size. The texture is thick and not very creamy, but it spreads nicely on the skin, and as an added bonus (thanks to Paula's hardline stance against fragrance) it is unscented. I usually leave it on from anywhere between 10 to 30 minutes, and in this time my skin gets plumped and feels very soft and moisturized. I feel like the moisture does last for a while after the product is rinsed off as well, which is a huge bonus. When I started using this I had been dealing with a very bad rosacea flare and my skin was completely messed up, and using this 2-3 times a week really made a difference in the condition of my skin. I have kept using this semi-regularly, and it makes a huge difference in keeping my skin moisturized enough to ensure that I don't get another huge rosacea flare. I'd highly recommend this to anyone with combo skin, dry skin, or sensitive skin to infuse moisture.

on 5/21/2017 9:53:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Curly, Other

My dry, sensitive skin loves this in combination with an AHA product like Drunk Elephant Framboos serum. Leave my skin soft and glowy. Not irritating at all, good price, cruelty free. Will definitely repurchase.

on 9/2/2016 10:46:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse

I used to love this mask but after they reformulated, I found it stung my skin on contact and unlike before when it would stay moist - the new formulation now kind of dries/cakes after a while. It's a shame - the original formulation was beautiful.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

helps my skin on retin a..use as a night cream. doesn't break me out, quenches like no other..im in love!

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

I've always seen a lot of reviewers talking about this brand while scanning reviews for products on Makupalley but to be honest, I never jumped into the hype. However after receiving a gift card for Paulas Choice website, I figured now was the best time to test how well they worked for me. I have very dry dehydrated skin so I decided this would be a great first test. I've tried plenty of moisturizing masks but my biggest complaint is, most of them dry on the skin & don't leave it feeling very moisturized. I've been using Glam Glows Moisturizing Mask but the price is ridiculous. This however is a mask I will use FOR LIFE. This is very creamy going on & it stays creamy on my skin until I rinse it off. My face felt super moisturized, soft, supple, & even dewy. I've used this a few times in the morning before getting ready & it's left my skin feeling great. The price is not that bad when you compare it to others moisturizing masks out there. After have tried them all, both drug store & high end, this is 100% the best one if you have dry skin.

on 4/27/2015 6:28:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

I've been using Paula's Choice products for about 2 months and have seen a very significant difference in my skin. The major difference is the way my skin glows and the way makeup enhances that instead of covering and/or making me look worse because of the bad texture of my skin. I have extremely dry AND dehydrated skin. I apply this daily, in the evening after cleansing and toning and prior to my nighttime skin care. I find this really helps bump up the hydration of my skin. You get a lot product, the packaging is effective and the price is reasonable.

This is a lifesaver for my dry winter skin. Chicago is rough in the winter and as I've started dabbling with retinols, the effect has been much drier skin than normal. I usually have combination skin, by the way, so I'm wary of using products that are targeted to dry skin because it can be too much moisture. This however was perfect- the consistency is a creamy whipped-textured cream that feels soothing. I leave it on for 20 minutes minimum. You don't see it on your face after 20 min or so but as soon as you wash it (pat dry- otherwise you're undoing all your good work), you feel the thickness of the texture. My skin looks much better- bright, a little bit more glowy (or just very clean) but also and most importantly, moisturized and hydrated.

It costs around $21 for 4 fluid oz which is a good price for me. You don't need a lot, half a teaspoon is good enough for me. A great buy.

If you're looking at these reviews debating, buy it!! I highly recommend and I'm someone who buys and researches just about everything. A true product junkie. This entire line is amazing. I have very dry skin and have never seen a product give the results like this. The whole line is like that - amazing. Leaves skin glowing and fresh - so healthy.

on 10/24/2013 8:41:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Other, Wavy, Coarse

**I found out I can't use Propylene Glycol, and possibly Butylene Glycol. It took a long time to figure out but that's the reason I can't use this product. It may also be some of the oils.**

I have a few samples of this and so far I really like it. It hasn't clogged me that I've noticed, and usually I do clog and I DO notice it. It moisturizes and feels nice. It's definitely better than the regular skin recovery moisturizer. I'm on the fence of buying the full size, depending on how the other moisturizers I'm trying measure up. If they do in fact cause clogs, I'm sold on this. I'm using other things that have been helping my skin, but I think this is a pretty good one on it's own.

Update: Well that was quick. Put it all over and this evening my forehead was covered in little bumps. I didn't change anything else. What a bummer. No second tries for me. PC has not been doing well in my book so far. Down to one product I like. And while the regular moisturizer in this line is ok, I still am hesitant to use chemical laden moisturizers (not that I've had luck with one-ingerdient oils either) :(

Update 2: I'm almost positive after much research that the problem for me is propylene glycol. So I can't use any products with that in there.