Estee Lauder Intuition

Estee Lauder Intuition

3.4

on 3/6/2017 7:50:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool

This is an interesting scent. It's a soft floral, but also a bit warm and spicy. It seems to be forgotten, as it is an older scent. It's a good office scent, as it's not very heavy.

Top Notes:
Bergamot, Mandarin, Fresh Green Garden Notes

Middle Notes:
Rose Double Delight, Gardenia Petals, Freesia

Base Notes:
Amber, Warm-Skin Accord, Precious Woods

Oooh, so lovely for a woman who doesn't like anything too floral, overly sweet or citrusy. If you are like me and tend to go for woodsy/spice/oriental and want to try something different, I suggest this. This would be perfect for spring or summer, it's more "upbeat" than most of my favorite perfumes (Tabu, Knowing, Imari, Obsession, etc.) but still fits in the family of scents my skin seems to blend well with.

It starts out citrusy and like Rainkissed Leaves (B&BW type scent). Then it warms to my skin, the wet green scent fades and I smell a bit of bergamot and floral. Scent description reads the florals as freesia, rose delight and gardenia petals. The flowers are very soft and warm. I really enjoyed Sheer Freesia from BBW becuase it was soft and "warm", and the floral smells similar to that. The wood and amber notes are perfect, not too strong or masculine, nor do they over power the blend.

Guess Seductive smells very similar to Estee Lauder's Intuition, but more sweet/youthful. I also have it in my collection and enjoy it as well.

This is a perfect blend of citrus, floral, and warm notes. So happy I took the time to try out all the scents at the EL counter, what a pleasant surprise!!

Yuck. Smells like a cross between an expired bathroom cleaner and cigarette smoke. I have never been a fan of EL fragrances, but this one is the worst!!!

on 10/26/2009 5:11:00 AM

Very nice scent, it more of a womans scent rather than a girls scent. It is great for special occasions. This is my boyfriend's favorite fragrance. He tends to gravitate more towards classy fragrances. I do love the fragrance, but I do not wear it as much because I got tired of it.

Scent Type: Floral Oriental- Fresh
Notes: Wet green leaves, Amber (glowing)

on 2/1/2013 3:05:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Unfortunately this reacted hideously on my skin. The result was a cumin, laced BO effect. Truly dreadful.
I thought perhaps my bottle was off so I checked at the EL counter's tester. Nope it is just bad on me.
I see it has many loyal fans so I will chalk this up into the category that may work for some but DEFINITELY not for others.
Pity I was given a large bottle....I am sure one of my friends will be happy with the re-gift;-)

on 4/22/2010 10:41:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

I'm a little sad about this one. It smells great in the bottle -- creamy, vanilla-ish, heady, romantic, sensual, sweet-ish -- it smells great when my office manager wears it (from whom I discovered this fragrance) & it smells great on my mom (because I gave it to her since I can't wear it much myself), but on me it smells noticeably less lovely. I call my chemistry 'irritable' because so few scents mix well with me, way too many scents that smell great on other ppl. This smells ok on me but much better on everybody else lol. I would buy it again however (for my mom) & in a smaller size bottle. The 1.7oz spray bottle my mom just finished last week took 8 years to use up! It dries down very soft & inviting & wears a long time, so it's not overwhelming or overbearing to sensitive noses.
I never liked the bottle, though -- it reminds me of an egg. lol

on 5/26/2009 4:46:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse

I must say I totally agree with the reviewer below, sunshine824. This is a lovely, soft, inviting and sensual vanilla scent. I have a miniature of this that I received at some point, I can't remember when. I don't think I tried it on when I got it, it just ended up in my box of perfumes to be forgotten for a long, long time. Then I stumbled upon it a month ago or so and decided to try it. I was surprised to find that I really, really like it. It's warm, but not cloying. It's sweet in a sensual, sunny way and yet it has a wonderful depth of amber. Those of you who like Ormonde Jayne's Tolu and Guerlain's L'Instant would probably like this one also. Intuition is slightly brighter than those two, but equally warm and multi-faceted to never be boring.

on 7/29/2009 12:33:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

My first time trying this was a GWP mini bottle. It's more subdued than most EL perfumes. This smells wonderful right out of the bottle and fades to a light amber scent. The more I wore it the more I liked it and I ended up purchasing a larger bottle.

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

I really love this fragrance. The bottle is too cute, it's a round shape with a light yellow liquid, and an orange "teardrop" shape behind it. The fragrance is rich, but not over powering. It's a great day scent. It is soft, feminine. There's a warmth to it. An oriental scent. The notes are:

Top Notes

Base Notes

* Amber
* Warm-Skin Accord
* Precious Woods

A lovely scent but if you use even the slightest bit too much it will give you a horrible headache!

Popular Fragrances