3.7

package quality

price range

Reviews

3 months ago

So I just used this for the first time and pretty excited about Lush in general. This review is a half hour after rinsing, if there's any adverse reactions, I will be back. My skin is mostly dry, going crazy with pimples for some reason, and a patch of dermatitis from something that pissed my face off. The mask is thick, but if you apply in small amounts then you shouldn't have a problem. Feels great going on and while it's on. My face looks so clean and smooth. Didn't dry out dry patches as far as I can tell. My dermatitis looks 50% better than it had a few hours ago. My big pimple, that I've had for at least a week, us smaller and the mask brought it to a nice big head (that I promptly put a pimple patch on). The rest of my bumps and irritation seem to have become less noticeable as well. The texture of my face is smooth, and the parts that had hurt and were irritating me, feel much better. After a nice coat of cetaphil, I am stoked, seriously. This mask is incredible. At 10$ a jar, it's a steal, really. You get at least 6 uses out of it, just use it before it expires and put right back in fridge, may last longer than the 3 weeks, if so. This would also be a worthy spot treatment. I tried another mask, catastrophic something, but cupcake was far less drying, though that one was great too. I am officially hooked and done using subpar brands. This is less than 2$ a use, cheaper than useless sheet masks.

About reviewer (49 reviews)

Age30-35

SkinCombination, Fair, Not Sure

HairRed, Straight, Fine

EyesBlue

a year ago

SO good that you'll want to eat it. It is a thick and rich mask that leaves skin feeling very cleansed and soft. I love LUSH products and have been using them for years. They have amazing skincare and this is one of their best masks. I highly recommend trying this one.

About reviewer (255 reviews)

Age44-55

SkinCombination, Medium, Neutral

HairOther, Straight, Medium

EyesGreen

2 years ago

Holy grail mask. While my cheeks are really dry, the rest of my face is as oily as a frying pan (sorry for that gross analogy) and this mask completely resets it. I've used it for years and the smell almost gives me a nostalgic feeling. No. 1 mask I would recommend to anyone with oily skin.

About reviewer (17 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair, Neutral

HairBrown, Straight, Medium

EyesBlue

2 years ago

Let me start by saying I love this mask. Normally I don't really reach out for face masks as part of my skin care routine as a lot of masks sting my skin or make my eyes water (I'm looking at you, Mask of Magnaminty). I was interested in this mask obviously by its scent (chocolatey!) and I decided to purchase this after being dissatisfied with Mask of Magnaminty. This mask does wonders for my oily skin. Other masks dry my skin excessively leaving me with a tight feeling but this one sucks up my oils and leaves me with smooth skin, shrinks my pores and I just feel clean, not dried up. I will definitely repurchase this mask!

About reviewer (27 reviews)

SkinVery Oily, Tan, Warm

HairOther, Wavy, Medium

3 years ago

I love a lot of Lush's facemasks, but Cupcake is the one I turn to when my skin is giving me grief in the form of oiliness and breakouts. Cupcake always soaks up my excess oil, leaving my skin matte but not dry and irritated. Using Cupcake helps clear up my pimples too, and always gives my face a fresh glow due to the gentle exfoliation it provides me. I use Cupcake about 3 times a week, and find that I can get about 6 or so masks from the small tub. This is a perfect amount as it ensures I can use the mask by it's use-by date. I find the formula of Cupcake to be a bit stiff and hard to spread, so I apply to a damp faces and also mix it with a splash of water in my hand. Once dampened, Cupcake applies easily. I leave it for around 10 minutes, during which I can feel it become dry and stiff on my face. I then hop in the shower and rinse it off under warm water. Finding it off with gentle circular motions helps the product to give my face a gentle exfoliation. It rinses off easily and doesn't need to be tugged or pulled harshly. I love Cupcake - I have used it for years and have bought more tubs than I can count! This is one of my favourite Lush masks and I would highly recommend it to anyone dealing with oiliness or breakouts.

About reviewer (724 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair, Neutral

HairBrunette, Wavy, Medium

3 years ago

I heard raving about this product all on social media and friends. So I decided, you know what? I'm gonna try it to see what the hype is! And I'm so glad that I did! This smells like chocolate and mint, which I love, but it can be a little strong, so if you are sensitive to scents I don't recommend this! Anyways, this products does wonders for my oily skin, while I'm not acne prone, I do get blackheads and some clogged pores every once in a while! this product really does help with controlling my oil and making my skin feel amazing. I totally recommend this is you're looking for a new mask! :)

About reviewer (2 reviews)

SkinVery Oily, Olive

HairBlack

from

3 years ago

This is my favorite lush mask, it smells amazing and it really works to help clear out my skin. I have oily, acne-prone skin and I get a lot of blackheads and closed comedones. My pores are also pretty big. Cupcake works so great at reducing my breakouts and I can always tell a difference in my skin the morning after using it the night before. You don't need a thick layer of the stuff, mix it with some water to get it a little more slippery and just do a thin layer. I've repurchased this baby over 5 times now, and I love it even more than mask of magnaminty. While I do love this mask and it is extremely hydrating and non-irritating, I do wish it was a little bit *more* deep-cleansing. But I do really love it and will always repurchase :)

About reviewer (173 reviews)

SkinAcne-prone, Fair, Neutral

HairBrunette, Curly, Coarse

3 years ago

I really love this Cupcake mask. First of all, it smells amazing! (It's chocolate scented). Not only does it smell amazing but feels great on my face. It really has helped my face reduce oilyness. It also has helped my acne improve. It hasn't miraculously gone away, (but let's be real, I'm a hormonal stressed out teenager so of course it wouldn't), but it has definitely helped my acne. I love this mask and would honestly recommend giving it a try.

About reviewer (9 reviews)

AgeUnder 18

SkinCombination, Fair-Medium, Neutral

HairBlack, Wavy, Medium

2.0

3 years ago

mine got really hard, dry and it made it hard to apply. i eventually had to throw it away because of this. but it was a refreshing mask. personnaly didnt like the chocolate smell.

About reviewer (2 reviews)

AgeUnder 18

SkinOther, Other

HairOther

EyesOther

3 years ago

This mask is amazing! Not only does it smell literally like fudge cake batter, but it actually performs amazingly. I love LUSH and I'm obsessed with their skin care, and I have the Mask of Magnaminty (I think thats what it's called lol) and liked it a lot but I wanted something for my hormonal acne and oily skin. This is targeted for acne/oily prone skin and even says it's good for Teenagers which is actually perfect for me because the only acne I get is around my period - other than that my skin is very clear although I'm very oily ESP in the summer months. The only thing I don't like about this is the very short shelf life -it only lasts 2-3 weeks and it has to be refrigerated. Because of this it also comes in very small quantities because it would be wasteful otherwise. I noticed I had some acne popping up so I decided to give this a go. I grabbed it out of the fridge and sort of slathered it evenly all over my face. It's sort of hard to work with because it's refrigerated but once your hands warm it up as your spreading it it's not as difficult. Once it's on your face it smells amazing, like chocolate with a hint of minty essential oil. I also felt my skin tingly which I like because I know it's working and attacking my impurities. The other downside is that it's rather messy once it dries, when you move your face to talk etc it crackles and it gets crumbs everywhere so don't wear anything white or super nice. I was in my robe so it didn't matter, just FYI. This is also pretty hard to wash off once it's completely dry but I used my clarisonic with warm water and that did the job nicely. I used my Tea Tree Toner by LUSH & moisturized and my skin felt amazing. I also noticed the next day that my pimples were practically gone (granted they were very tiny) and my skin was DEFINITELY not as oily. My make up stayed on so much longer than it typically does and I hardly had to blot when I usually blot every hour. 2-3 days later my skin is STILL more matte, but I'm also attributing that to my new setting spray and primer. Very pleased with this, it's the first mask I've tried that actually gives me results longer than 30 mins. I'm def going to use this 1-2 times a week from now on.

About reviewer (379 reviews)

Age25-29