LUSH Cupcake Mask

LUSH Cupcake Mask

3.6

Rhassoul Mud, Linseed Infusion, Glycerine, Talc, Cocoa Powder, Cocoa Butter, Fresh Mint, Sandalwood Oil, Vanilla Absolute, Spearmint Oil, Peppermint Oil, Perfume

on 6/1/2017 9:37:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Not Sure

I heard raving about this product all on social media and friends. So I decided, you know what? I'm gonna try it to see what the hype is! And I'm so glad that I did! This smells like chocolate and mint, which I love, but it can be a little strong, so if you are sensitive to scents I don't recommend this! Anyways, this products does wonders for my oily skin, while I'm not acne prone, I do get blackheads and some clogged pores every once in a while! this product really does help with controlling my oil and making my skin feel amazing. I totally recommend this is you're looking for a new mask! :)

on 5/14/2017 1:49:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

This is my favorite lush mask, it smells amazing and it really works to help clear out my skin. I have oily, acne-prone skin and I get a lot of blackheads and closed comedones. My pores are also pretty big. Cupcake works so great at reducing my breakouts and I can always tell a difference in my skin the morning after using it the night before. You don't need a thick layer of the stuff, mix it with some water to get it a little more slippery and just do a thin layer. I've repurchased this baby over 5 times now, and I love it even more than mask of magnaminty. While I do love this mask and it is extremely hydrating and non-irritating, I do wish it was a little bit *more* deep-cleansing. But I do really love it and will always repurchase :)

I really love this Cupcake mask. First of all, it smells amazing! (It's chocolate scented). Not only does it smell amazing but feels great on my face. It really has helped my face reduce oilyness. It also has helped my acne improve. It hasn't miraculously gone away, (but let's be real, I'm a hormonal stressed out teenager so of course it wouldn't), but it has definitely helped my acne. I love this mask and would honestly recommend giving it a try.

mine got really hard, dry and it made it hard to apply. i eventually had to throw it away because of this. but it was a refreshing mask. personnaly didnt like the chocolate smell.

Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm

This mask is amazing! Not only does it smell literally like fudge cake batter, but it actually performs amazingly. I love LUSH and I'm obsessed with their skin care, and I have the Mask of Magnaminty (I think thats what it's called lol) and liked it a lot but I wanted something for my hormonal acne and oily skin. This is targeted for acne/oily prone skin and even says it's good for Teenagers which is actually perfect for me because the only acne I get is around my period - other than that my skin is very clear although I'm very oily ESP in the summer months. The only thing I don't like about this is the very short shelf life -it only lasts 2-3 weeks and it has to be refrigerated. Because of this it also comes in very small quantities because it would be wasteful otherwise. I noticed I had some acne popping up so I decided to give this a go. I grabbed it out of the fridge and sort of slathered it evenly all over my face. It's sort of hard to work with because it's refrigerated but once your hands warm it up as your spreading it it's not as difficult. Once it's on your face it smells amazing, like chocolate with a hint of minty essential oil. I also felt my skin tingly which I like because I know it's working and attacking my impurities. The other downside is that it's rather messy once it dries, when you move your face to talk etc it crackles and it gets crumbs everywhere so don't wear anything white or super nice. I was in my robe so it didn't matter, just FYI. This is also pretty hard to wash off once it's completely dry but I used my clarisonic with warm water and that did the job nicely. I used my Tea Tree Toner by LUSH & moisturized and my skin felt amazing. I also noticed the next day that my pimples were practically gone (granted they were very tiny) and my skin was DEFINITELY not as oily. My make up stayed on so much longer than it typically does and I hardly had to blot when I usually blot every hour. 2-3 days later my skin is STILL more matte, but I'm also attributing that to my new setting spray and primer. Very pleased with this, it's the first mask I've tried that actually gives me results longer than 30 mins. I'm def going to use this 1-2 times a week from now on.

on 8/12/2016 7:37:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm

Hair: Blond, Relaxed, Medium

Love this mask! I have Sahara desert dry skin that's relatively clear and I also have eczema. Recently I started having crazy acne on my chin that was so bad it was basically cystic. You know the kind, big red angry bumps with no head to be seen that were very deep and sore to touch. One day I was in lush looking for something to banish these demons that set out to ruin my life and came across this mask. I was super apprehensive to use this as it is meant for oily skin I was worried it would burn my skin or set off my eczema, but being as desperate as I was I thought I'd try it anyway. This mask changed the game!! My acne not only started to slow down but it also pulled out the gunk clogging those that were already there. Deep pimples that had no heads and looked as though they would never surface (I'd had them for like 3 weeks and they just kept getting bigger and multiplying) started to rear their ugly heads and started to disappear! All in all this stuff is a life saver it didn't burn my face or aggravate my eczema it just did what it was meant to. $14 AUD is a small price to pay considering I'd tried a $90 glam glow mask that was nice but didn't give me even half the results, I also got about 12 uses from this pot.Thank you lush for this awesome skin saving product I will forever repurchase!!

on 5/28/2016 6:33:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium Brown, Not Sure

I really love this mask, I have quite oily skin that can get dry in certain places and this happens to balance out both! I have big pores on my nose and under my eyes that almost seemed to be minimised by this!

It also literally feels like you're wearing chocolate on your face which is AMAZING. And I'm not gonna lie I did try a bit, it wasn't as good as it feels.

I don't know that much about face masks and I believe this one was good, however, I haven't noticed any completely radical changes in my skin

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

I am a major lush fan and a product of theirs rarely disappoints me, unfortunately this happened to be one of them. Although the scent texture and overall texture of the mask was amazing, i found that it did absolutely nothing for my oily acne prone skin all it did was dry out my skin and causes even more breakouts and blackheads. It felt amazing on and made my feel super clean after but unfortunately these results did not last. I found i was using a lot of this product in hope it would help my skin, it was very dry when i went to apply it and i applied a generous layer each time which meant the pot did not last me very long.

Hair: Blond, Curly, Coarse

This mask is ok. It smells nice but is a little hard to spread on your face because it was a little dry. that could've just been mine though. it was recommended to me as an alternative to Mask of Magnaminty (which I love) but I definitely don't think this is as good. it didn't seem to do much for my skin. if I could, I'd give this a 2.5 but I decided to round up instead of down since I love most other things I've used from Lush. The price also is pretty good.

on 4/9/2016 6:01:00 PM

I absolutely love LUSH products, and this is the one thing I just can't leave the store without. I was sold when I was told it was for oily skin, and I'll never forget my first pot and how amazed I was at how my skin felt afterwards. This was THE product that started my lush obsession. I get about 7-10 masks out of this pot depending how thick I slather it on.

I have a very oily forehead and I live in an area that can get incredibly dry during certain seasons, but this mask really makes a difference for my skin. It's very gentle (I don't get that tingly sensation that some of their masks will give you) and it just feels like it's balancing and clarifying the skin when you have it on. I use it often, but I really ramp up the use when I start to feel a breakout coming on or if my skin is particularly oily. It won't dry out the skin, but at the same time I don't feel like it does much as far as deep moisture goes. That said, when it dries it really doesn't feel like it's tightening the skin or getting itchy like some masks will do! And wow the way your skin will feel afterwards, soft and clear and beautiful.

The only real downside is rinsing it off, it can be a little messy. We're talking large chunks of dark brown all over the sink. But for the payoff of using the mask, I will not complain about rinsing the sink for a minute longer!

Bottom line: Excellent for breakouts, oily/combination skin. Probably not the mask you're looking for if you want a more moisturizing mask. 100% recommend.