Sue Devitt Triple C-weed Loose Powder

No Image

3.5

on 2/16/2009 12:08:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Most days are minimal makeup days for me. Therefore, the ultimate test of any tinted skin application is whether or not it goes unnoticed. I'm not saying that I don't like coverage - I have areas on my face that appear to be one big brown scar, the bittersweet remains of cystic clusters, that I like to cover up, but NEVER to the point that my makeup becomes a mask. So when I tried out this powder for first time (around the house, on half my face), I did a sprightly dance when my partner pointed to the non-makeup side of my face and asked, "What's with all that makeup?" I think this is the ONE. I love how it blends during application (I've only used the included puff so far, to tap in on and then downward strokes to blend) and the feel of it on my skin afterwards (silky, not heavy or distractingly noticeable). I really hope this doesn't break me out - if it does, I'll be back to update. For reference, I have this in Great Sandy Desert and it seems to go on just slightly darker (bronzer?), and less yellow, than my NC30 Studio Fix Powder. EDIT: No breakouts, but holy oxidization! Must be my oilier summer skin. Minus 2 lippies, since this appears to be a wearable in winter only.

I think it's a high quality product. As other reviewers said, it controls shine well and sets makeup nicely without looking chalky. It has very good coverage as loose powder since it is quite pigmented. If I use a very light hand, it looks nice. But if I use a bit too much, it makes my face look made up, adding too much color (maybe it is because the shade tanami is a bit too deep for me). Personally I prefer sheerer powders. A good product if you're looking for a good coverage loose powder.