Sue Devitt Triple C-weed Loose Powder

4.3

on 5/28/2008 12:27:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

I don't really wear foundation/powder etc. much as I'm quite lucky to have relatively clear skin, but some days my skin looks dull / uneven or I want to cover up the old pimple marks I have...this is where this comes in...it is sooo wonderful! I tend to have dry to normal skin, and this is the one and only powder that I have tried that didn't make it look worse or feel tight! It made my skin glow so beautifully and when I touched it, it felt so soft and satiny. I'm truly amazed because I usually don't like powdery makeup. This doesn't cake up (As long as you don't pile it on), it has pretty decent coverage for a powder - I wear it on its own and it does the job well and the finish is lovely, doesn't accentuate my dry skin etc. I LOVE IT! For reference I'm a GGG, and the colour I got was Nullarbor Plain and the match is perfect. Try it if you've got dry-normal skin and don't have too many blemishes etc. Great stuff, will stock up! UPDATE: I found the colour too orangey for my face, made me look really odd. Can't be bothered to try a shade lighter, will not repurchase.

FURTHER UPDATE:

Bought this in Great Sandy Desert and it's a PERFECT match, I''ve never found a powder that blends in so well. Really love it, will buy again, highly recommended for anyone with dry skin. Make sure you try before you buy to ensure you've picked the right shade.

on 2/25/2007 5:58:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

I tried the product after reading reviews here, but I don't like it as much as I anticipated. I do like that it does not feel dry and looks very natural in terms of coverage, but the color turns a bit ashy(?) on my complexion once it gets mixed with my skin oil. Got it dirt cheap on ebay so I'm not so mad about it, but I think this will be used only at night when I go clubbing (so you can't really tell what it looks like in the dark! hehehe).

on 6/11/2004 3:35:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

This powder sets the makeup nicely without looking obvious. If you use a good brush to apply you have a lot of control over the amount of powder you're putting on your skin, and it has a nice silky texture.

UPDATE: this powder does have color in it, so it's important to get the right color match. As you know, translucent powder doesn't add any color to your face, but this does, so if you are too light the color in the powder will darken your foundation after you touch up a few times. In fact, I am a little concerned that in the winter when my face goes one shade paler, this shade might be too dark, but for summer it's lovely.

I have combination skin. I use the lightest color, Quiet & Still. (For reference I am a N3 in MAC studiofix and Warm Ivory in Laura Mercier.)

The price is reasonable compared to other lines and the amount of product you get in the container. You get 25.5 g, almost an ounce of product in this tub.

I like the packaging. You can shake a little out at a time without making a big mess.

I was using MAC translucent Blot powder before and Sue's powder is SOOO much better. I am still a big MAC fan, and this is the only Sue product I currently own, but I think it's a great powder.