Sue Devitt Triple C-weed Loose Powder

No Image

4.7

on 11/15/2007 7:11:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

This is a great product, but best, I think, for mature skin. I'm over 40 and find that a lot of powders just cake up, settle into my fine lines and look dry. Sue Devitt's Triple C-weed Loose Powder doesn't do any of that on me; it offers a nice light dewy finish. I do get a little shiny around my nose and forehead if I'm running around all day in hot weather, but blotting papers take care of that; honestly I'd rather have a little shine than an aging, crepey, dry finish.

I'm a PPP, therefore my shade is Quiet & Still - the lightest. I do NOT use the puff that this comes with. Rather, I tap powder from the container into its lid, and use my powder brush to apply it over my foundation, concealer and cream blush if I'm using it. It disappears in and looks lovely, not at all powdery.

It's spendy, but well worth it for a powder that has natural ingredients in it and offers such a lovely, non-powdery finish. Plus a little goes a long way - I dip my brush in the powder, tap off the excess, and apply. You don't need much, so the somewhat small jar really does last.

Highly recommended for those who want a dewy finish, and who have dry or mature skin.

on 3/14/2006 4:43:00 PM

I will start out by saying, yes this is quite expensive, however I think it is totally worth the price. I have never like powder because of the way it feels on my skin and never felt that it looked natural..so over the years i have tried many just to see...nonne fit the bill except for this one. I already use sue devitt seaweed foundations and have found that i love this powder over them (if i am going out and want a polished look) or even better i just brush some on my face with concealor and lipstick and my skin looks very smooth and clean and polished. You can reapply this powder and it will not cake or settle, has a very smooth silky feel even after it is applied to the skin. I have this in Quiet&Still and am a PPP, redhead with blue-green eyes.

on 6/11/2004 3:35:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

This powder sets the makeup nicely without looking obvious. If you use a good brush to apply you have a lot of control over the amount of powder you're putting on your skin, and it has a nice silky texture.

UPDATE: this powder does have color in it, so it's important to get the right color match. As you know, translucent powder doesn't add any color to your face, but this does, so if you are too light the color in the powder will darken your foundation after you touch up a few times. In fact, I am a little concerned that in the winter when my face goes one shade paler, this shade might be too dark, but for summer it's lovely.

I have combination skin. I use the lightest color, Quiet & Still. (For reference I am a N3 in MAC studiofix and Warm Ivory in Laura Mercier.)

The price is reasonable compared to other lines and the amount of product you get in the container. You get 25.5 g, almost an ounce of product in this tub.

I like the packaging. You can shake a little out at a time without making a big mess.

I was using MAC translucent Blot powder before and Sue's powder is SOOO much better. I am still a big MAC fan, and this is the only Sue product I currently own, but I think it's a great powder.