Sue Devitt Triple C-weed Loose Powder

No Image

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

This powder is awesome. I have super oily skin and I use this to set my foundation. It's very fine and soft and blends extremely well. It feels so nice on my skin. I have it in tanami, which matches my skin almost perfectly. I will absolutely repurchase, as I got it on eBay for under $7

on 5/28/2008 12:27:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

I don't really wear foundation/powder etc. much as I'm quite lucky to have relatively clear skin, but some days my skin looks dull / uneven or I want to cover up the old pimple marks I have...this is where this comes in...it is sooo wonderful! I tend to have dry to normal skin, and this is the one and only powder that I have tried that didn't make it look worse or feel tight! It made my skin glow so beautifully and when I touched it, it felt so soft and satiny. I'm truly amazed because I usually don't like powdery makeup. This doesn't cake up (As long as you don't pile it on), it has pretty decent coverage for a powder - I wear it on its own and it does the job well and the finish is lovely, doesn't accentuate my dry skin etc. I LOVE IT! For reference I'm a GGG, and the colour I got was Nullarbor Plain and the match is perfect. Try it if you've got dry-normal skin and don't have too many blemishes etc. Great stuff, will stock up! UPDATE: I found the colour too orangey for my face, made me look really odd. Can't be bothered to try a shade lighter, will not repurchase.

FURTHER UPDATE:

Bought this in Great Sandy Desert and it's a PERFECT match, I''ve never found a powder that blends in so well. Really love it, will buy again, highly recommended for anyone with dry skin. Make sure you try before you buy to ensure you've picked the right shade.

on 11/15/2007 7:11:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

This is a great product, but best, I think, for mature skin. I'm over 40 and find that a lot of powders just cake up, settle into my fine lines and look dry. Sue Devitt's Triple C-weed Loose Powder doesn't do any of that on me; it offers a nice light dewy finish. I do get a little shiny around my nose and forehead if I'm running around all day in hot weather, but blotting papers take care of that; honestly I'd rather have a little shine than an aging, crepey, dry finish.

I'm a PPP, therefore my shade is Quiet & Still - the lightest. I do NOT use the puff that this comes with. Rather, I tap powder from the container into its lid, and use my powder brush to apply it over my foundation, concealer and cream blush if I'm using it. It disappears in and looks lovely, not at all powdery.

It's spendy, but well worth it for a powder that has natural ingredients in it and offers such a lovely, non-powdery finish. Plus a little goes a long way - I dip my brush in the powder, tap off the excess, and apply. You don't need much, so the somewhat small jar really does last.

Highly recommended for those who want a dewy finish, and who have dry or mature skin.

Gorgeous! This is my favorite powder, either loose or pressed. I used MAC Blot Powder but this is a million times nicer. The Blot Powder made my face really cakey and dry looking but Sue Devitt's Triple C-weed Loose Powder really has a wonderful dewey and radiant glow to it. I use it over her 70% Water Seaweed Foundation Gel and this is a nice combination for a radiant look. The only bad thing with this product is the dispenser. While being cute as heck, I haven't yet found out a good way to get the powder onto a powder brush seeing as the puff it comes with is way too tiny to use. I usually just fold up a tissue and shake some powder onto the tissue, swirl my brush onto the tissue, then apply. Unfortunately, I'm afraid of this method wasting too much product. Anyone else have any ideas? Despite the packaging of this product, I will most definitely buy this again because it is the best powder I have used so far!

on 6/21/2006 4:18:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Other, Not Sure

Finally...I've found a powder that works for me...and that's not an easy feat!!! I'm a DDD (NW50) with very oily, blemish-prone skin. However, this loose powder and some concealer under my eyes makes my skin look flawless, smooth, yet still natural. I've been using the darkest shade Tirari Desert, but plan to buy a shade lighter, Kimberley Plateau, the next time round. The price is okay for the quality.

I use my Smashbox #19 face brush to apply the powder.

on 4/5/2006 4:15:00 AM

If you don't have dry skin, you probably won't notice how fine the powder really is. I have dried skin and this is by far, the most natural, sheer, and moist powder I've tried. I've tried Laura Mercier, Bobbi Brown, Shu Uemura, T. Leclerc, Maybelline, Covergirl, Chanel, Dior, YSL, Estee Lauder, etc. None of them compare. I have it in tsunami and it's great for my light olive skintone. The only downside is the price and the packaging. The puff it comes with is entirely useless. It's barely big enough and fit on a few fingers. But the powder itself makes up for that.

on 3/14/2006 4:43:00 PM

I will start out by saying, yes this is quite expensive, however I think it is totally worth the price. I have never like powder because of the way it feels on my skin and never felt that it looked natural..so over the years i have tried many just to see...nonne fit the bill except for this one. I already use sue devitt seaweed foundations and have found that i love this powder over them (if i am going out and want a polished look) or even better i just brush some on my face with concealor and lipstick and my skin looks very smooth and clean and polished. You can reapply this powder and it will not cake or settle, has a very smooth silky feel even after it is applied to the skin. I have this in Quiet&Still and am a PPP, redhead with blue-green eyes.

on 8/7/2005 11:17:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Other, Not Sure

This is a really good powder for those of us w/ oily skin. I use it after foundation and it really gives my skin a soft well blended look w/ a healthy glow. And the yellow tint is great for my olive toned skin. I also have acne prone skin, and it has not made me break out at all -which is a huge plus for me. Yes it is a little pricey for the size, but for those who dont mind spending the cash its a good option.

on 9/26/2004 5:39:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

If you hate foundations, but you want to even out your skintone, this is the perfect powder! It's everything that I wanted a powder foundation to be, but it's a loose powder! It controls oil and evens out my skintone, but it doesn't dry out my skin. And I can build the coverage from medium to full, but it looks like my skin only better. I'm so happy with this powder! It gives the most long lasting flawless finish of any loose powder that I have tried, and it sets my concealer wonderfully! I even like it better than my beloved Chanel and LM loose powders. I don't need a foundation with this powder, and I would not use this with a foundation because it simply works better by itself. I purchased Nullabar Plain for $30 at Sephora for my NC35-42 tan skintone/mmm&ggg, and it's a perfect match! It comes with a high quality powderpuff, although it a little too small for me to use. I prefer to apply this by buffing it into my skin with a sponge applicator for a more glowing flawless appearance. I'm so glad I gave this powder a try. Sue Devitt makes the most amazing products! Eveything I have tried has become holygrail status for me! I would recommend people to give this line a try. It's really top notch good stuff! It's a decent amount of powder for the price. (25.5g) A little goes a long way too!

This is my HG loose powder! My favorite used to be Ben Nye's Luxury Loose Powder in Caramello but I seriously hated it's packaging and it's not easy to find. But Sue Devitt really came through for me! I love everything about this powder. I have it in Summer Monsoon. (This is the exact shade of BN's Caramello.) It comes with a cute little velour puff that fits in the tray of the jar. I love that the powder is yellow-based so it looks really natural and evens out my skintone. I will most likely wear this without my liquid foundation on days when I don't have as much time or when I'm on minimal makeup days. It feels really light on my face and my skin feels really silky and soft due to the nutrients added to it. I really love makeup that's good for my skin. I'm not sure what seaweed does for the skin but it 3 types are in this powder as well as chamomile extract (very soothing), green tea (antioxidant?), and vitamin C. I got this from Beauty.com for $30 and it's well worth it. You get plenty of product and it's not just makeup, it acts as a skin treatment so that's an added bonus.