Neutrogena Healthy Skin Anti-Wrinkle Cream

Neutrogena Healthy Skin Anti-Wrinkle Cream

4.2

INGREDIENTS: WATER,C12-15 ALKYL BENZOATE, GLYCERIN, CETYL ALCOHOL, CETEARYL ALCOHOL, OCTYL HYDROXYSTEARATE, DIMETHICONE, CAMELLIA SINENSIS LEAF EXTRACT, RETINOL, PANTHENOL, DISODIUM EDTA, TOCOPHEROL, CETEARYL GLUCOSIDE, TOCOPHERYL ACETATE, POLYSORBATE 20, TRIETHANOLAMINE, MRTHYLPARABEN, PROPYLPARABEN, BUTYLENE GLYCOL, DIAZOLIDINYL UREA, BHT, CARBOMER.

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

WOW is all I can say right now. This product is a total game changer! I'm 28 years old and have just started to notice fine lines around my mouth and forehead. I also have adult acne (thanks hormones!) And get patches of closed comedones all over my cheeks. These suckers never want to budge so unfortunately the only thing that worked was extraction. On top of everything the texture of my skin is just awful - rough, bumpy "chicken skin" appearance. I have been experimenting with a ton of products over the last year or so from homemade potions, AHAs, BHAs, chemical peels YOU NAME IT. I wanted to try getting a prescription for a retinoid but I read that if you have sensitive skin (which I do) it's better to start with an otc retinol. Enter this product. I have only been using it for 3 days and already I see a massive improvement in my closed comedones and skin texture. It is honestly like magic. While it's still too early to see any improvement on my fine lines, this cream makes my face feel and look SO SOFT. I can't stop touching it! Where has this cream been all my life?

on 6/2/2016 9:03:00 PM

I got this at a local Walmart and it was relatively cheap. I used this moisturizer on a clean face and after the first day it seemed to me at least that my skin appeared firmer. But by the third day I noticed a bunch of tiny bumps in patches on my face... Not pimples just skin colored bumps. I figured it may be a short reaction but each day more bumps showed up. On day 5 my husband looked at me strangely then asked of something happened to my face, referring to the now numerous bumps. I said no but it may be this moisturizer. I stopped using it after even my husband noticed the bumps. I had not changed any other products in my skin care routine aside from this moisturizer so I know this was the problem. The worst part, It's been 2 weeks now and I still have some bumps on my cheek, although they are mostly gone. Hopefully when it's reached a month they will be completely gone. But I had to write this review to warn others... Maybe some people used this and were ok but there is definitely something faulty with this product. The bumps last far longer then the days this cream is used, it's not worth it! I hope others will see that this can cause ugly long lasting bumps, and simply stay away from this product! So not worth it.

To Read all 259 Reviews, Login or Join

on 4/16/2016 10:40:00 AM

Sensitive skin need not be afraid of this product which does indeed do wonders for your skin.
1. By gentle exfoliation through AHA at the effective PH range, you get blemish free smooth skin. Milia , black heads noticeably less after one week of use

2. To reduce possible irritation by the glycolic acid I first put on a basic moisturiser before applying a gentle layer of this to my face

3. Works well on the neck and d├ęcolletage

Price is very attractive. High cost items may not perform so well!

on 2/28/2016 9:46:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

My HG moisturizer.

It doesn't break me out, which is always the first thing I worry about. I like that it has SPF and is anti wrinkle. This has a nice mousse like consistency and I find a little goes a long way. The packaging could be improved, it's hard to get the last of the product out when it's near the end, and for the price I don't want any to go to waste!

on 12/13/2015 6:31:00 AM

I tried this after reading a multitude of reviews and research on retinol creams. I used it only at night, and introducing it gradually by alternating it with my usual creams, so as to avoid overdrying (which is common when adding retinoids to one's regimen).

My skin is dehydrated, as I live in an extremely arid climate, quite thin, and while not acne-prone, I tend to get little bumps sometimes (i.e., the non-inflamed type, that produce little strings of sebaceous filaments.. [sorry for the image]). I didn't expect this to moisturize much if at all, given that it absorbs quickly and my skin feels immediately parched, in addition to just being retinol. But I was hoping for *something* beneficial. Unfortunately, after many attempts (I would give myself a break here and there to be sure it was this cream doing the work), I concluded that this definitely contributed to clogged pores and an abundance of painful bumps. Indeed, I got cysts for the first time after using this cream. And this happened after each bout of trialing it. Ouch!

I actually thought my little crow's feet and face lines (small though they are, at just under 30 years old) looked MORE pronounced after using this, probably because it was so drying. Granted, retinoids are supposed to take years before you see the effects, but I would genuinely prefer the facial lines to the cystic bumps and tired, dull looking skin, so I'll never use this again.

Perhaps if you have oilier skin, live in a very humid climate, and/or tolerate retinol well, this will be a better fit for your skin.

on 12/6/2015 12:31:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Other, Fine

I love this cream. I use it as my day cream under foundation. I was using it as a night cream as well but started using the Neutrogena Rapid Wrinkle Repair at night and this during the day. I feel that is does help reduce wrinkles and my face looks brighter. Will definitely repurchase. It is gentler than the Rapid Wrinkle Repair and I had no problem with sensitivity.

on 10/11/2015 4:15:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

I've been using this cream for at least 2 years now, every other day in the morning or at night. I'm in my mid-thirties and don't have a lot of wrinkles, so I can't really vouch for its anti-wrinkling properties (yet), but the texture is light, the smell is inoffensive, it didn't clog me or irritate my skin.

I'm honestly not sure about the SPF because I always thought retinol was supposed to be used at night, so it's a little pointless, but I suppose I should try the night version next time. I don't use this product as a sunscreen anyway. I have generally dry skin and this cream doesn't moisturize at all. It leaves my skin almost as dry and flaky as it is before applying it. I always use it in combination with another moisturizer.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

Best product I have found for my wrinkles. I'm 55 and I do have a prescription for Retin-A however I find it too strong and my face gets red and peels even though I wait an hour after washing and don't use it every day. With Neutrogena Healthy Skin Anti-wrinkle I use it every day and I see the results in my skin. It does look healthy. It's very inexpensive so I was surprised that it works so great! I have used it for over a year now and will continue to use it. It has been much better than the more expensive brands.

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

I can feel the difference when I stop using it so for me at least there is skin smoothening for some of my fine lines.

Side effects do have a tingling even burning sensation with a medium amount of dryness. If I don't moisturise my skin would be a mess. This is not new information for regular retinol users but it might help newbies who're dipping their toes and might get alarmed.

on 6/26/2015 3:38:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

My review is for the Neutrogena Healthy Skin Anti Wrinkle cream/NIGHT. I only use it at night as a retinol product and not as a moisturizer, therefore I am not disappointed that it is not moisturizing enough for me. Even though I have mature, combo skin, I still need good moisturization and I don't rely on this product for that.

The way I look at the product is that it is a retinol with some moisturizing properties that may help it not be as drying or cause as much redness.

So the way I use it is at night, on cleansed, toned skin and after I have applied my DIY vitamin C serum and my BHA lotion, with time between the products to let them absorb, I apply this product, let it absorb and then apply a moisturizer.

Also, I would not use a retinol in the daytime because I live in Florida, and the sun diminishes the benefits of the retinol from my understanding.

A final note. The reason I only give it a 4 out of 5 is because I understand this is a drugstore product and not a medical grade retinoid. Therefore, I don't expect it to be able to give the same results as one. But I do feel it important to have a retinol product in my skincare, even if it is not medical grade.

I hope this review is helpful, because I think there were some recent changes to either this product or a change of its name, and these are just my opinions.

UPDATE: 10/9/2015
I have added 0.025% tretinoin cream to my regimine and after a few months of using it once a week, have just increased it to twice a week and apply it sparingly, and have had no irritation or redness.
The rest of the week I continue to use the Neutrogena Healthy Skin Anti Wrinkle Cream (NIGHT) and will continue to do so. I love this product and the benefits it shows for my skin. And the price is still a bargain compared to the medical grade retinoids.