Shiseido ultra sun protection lotion spf 50

3.5

Active Ingredients: Octinoxate 7.4% Octocrylene 3.0% Titanium Dioxide 1.7% Zinc Oxide 19.3% Inactive Ingredients: Water, Dimethicone, Butylene Glycol, Isopropyl Myristate, SD Alcohol 40-B, Isododecane, Polymethyl Methacrylate, PEG-9 Polydimethylsiloxyethyl Dimethicone, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, Polybutylene Glycol/PPG-9/1 Copolymer, Xylitol, Glycerin, Methyl Gluceth-10, Saxifraga Sarmentosa Extract, Scutellaria Baicalensis Root Extract, Ectoin, Sophora Angustifolia Root Extract, Hydrogenated Polydecene, Hydrogen Dimethicone, Isostearic Acid, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Sodium Acryloyldimethyltaurate/Methacrylamidolauric Acid Copolymer, Silica, Alumina, Polymethylsilsesquioxane, Talc, Alcohol, Trisodium EDTA, Triethoxycaprylylsilane, BHT, Syzygium Jambos Leaf Extract, Tocopherol, Phenoxyethanol, Fragrance.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

I tried Neutrogenia which was not good for my skin and I got burned. ( I have to wear a 30 - 60) I also prefer a light spray. zscheido was great. light and of course a spray can get into all places without help. There is no real scent to it. I got pink which turned tan. No burning, no impediment to makeup and it lasts a while. so was in Hawaii, in the ocean, with all the sunshine in the world bouncing off the water.

For an expensive sunscreen from a well known brand I expect it to be much better than this. This sunscreen is super hard to take off that the sale representative said you have to buy their Shiseido oil base make up remover to specifically take this sunscreen off. No thank you! In addition, it leaves TERRIBLE WHITE CAST!!, the most I have ever seen out of all the sunscreens I have used. You know how you are supposed to reapply sunscreen after a few hours? The white cast from this sunscreen never fades, it lasts on your face all day, so if you want to apply a second layer after a few hours, go ahead, you will look like a ghost. lol. The only thing I like about this sunscreen is that when applied on your face, it gives you a smooth, matte finish unlike the typical oily, shiny finish that all the other sunscreens give you. I never experienced a matte finish before with other sunscreens. That only doesn't make up for the horrible white cast and the annoying hard-to-take-off water resistance. So Good Bye!!

Hair: Brown, Kinky, Coarse

Okay, so my skin is sensitive, and I've tried/used a varying array of
sunscreen products. I must say this sunscreen is by far is my favorite. I've used it consistently on an almost daily basis for almost 2 years.

I am a freckled individual, so I could tell right away if the product was working: I wasn't blessed with additional freckles from spending time out in the sun. Plus no sun burns.

The few times I do wear make-up, both sheer and full-face, I didn't notice any changes in the final product even with having this sunscreen underneath.

The smell (not unpleasant) and texture was a bit for me to get used to, as I usually do not wear any other products/makeup. I have to make sure i blend it in well otherwise it can stay a bit white on my skin.

It's a bit of a task to get off, and it takes separate cleansers to remove it all properly (I currently use Bioderma Sensibio H2O + CeraVe Foaming Facial Cleanser or Spectro Jel). I also am not fond of the packaging. I wish the nozzle were better designed as the product can cake up around it and the lid, and sometimes I get drizzle if I'm not careful pouring out some. Even better, a pump (I am fond of pumps). The size for the price is also a negative for me.

I loved the bottle, the liquid texture, the scent and the protection afforded by this product. It also acted as a nice primer under makeup. However, this stuff is no joke and does not come off without a proper cleansing (I had to use cold cream). Thus, this is not for those of us who occasionally fall asleep without washing our faces or use makeup wipes at night because we are lazy.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I like this sunscreen. Once absorbed, I don't find it greasy. Seems to last all day. The formula is a bit runny but that doesn't bother me.

I actually really like this sunscreen, I recently bought it and have had zero complaints. Yes it has a very runny texture but I've made it work. I was told it was both a physical and chemical sunscreen but leaning more towards physical. The scent I actually find quite nice and it completely sinks into the skin. I don't feel this sunscreen at all after I've applied it and get no greasy feeling on my skin. I would definitely repurchase this if I ran out.

It feels light on the skin but really oily.

Returning....

Very sad cause I got a sample and thought it was heaven under my makeup. I have super pale skin, combo texture/oil. And it kept my oil under total control.....BUT then I bought the full size the next day, so excited, then wore it under my Sisley foundation and Laura Mercier the day after, totally Ate through my makeup! SEPERATED my foundation into little particals, looked like a zombie at the end of the day, how embarrassing! At first I thought it was the combo with the first foundation, but then it happened with a totally different foundation the next day. Bummer!!!!! I liked how bright it made my pale skin look, but destroyed my foundation. Why do samples kick butt, then full sizes are completely different? Grrrr gonna try Color Science powder spf next, wish me luck!

Hair: Black, Straight, Other

i had to give this away to my sister who isnt as picky as me.

its got a weird gritty feeling after you apply, not a creamy smooth texture which is what i'm looking for...

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure

This is a very expensive product, but with sunscreen, I think it's important to go for high quality over economics. Although the package volume is small, the thin consistency of the liquid causes it to last a long time. A little goes a long way, so just dispense it into the palm if your hand, dot across your face and message in. I have very oily skin and the liquid seems to turn to a powder finish not long after application. It doesn't necessarily control oil, but it doesn't contribute to it either. It's not a moisturizer, so don't expect it to function that way, particularly in the winter months. I will buy this again.