Prestige Prestige Sunflower Bronzer

Prestige Prestige Sunflower Bronzer

4.7

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I'm quite pale and cool (NW20 in MAC, 115 in MUFE,) so bronzer is a real trick to find. After my second MAC golden compact inexplicably shattered and I dropped a nars laguna on the ground, I decided to find something less heartbreakingly expensive, and this lovely bronzer is just the ticket. I own a Chanel LE bronzer that I love less than this, I kid you not. It really is just like laguna, and so long as you're not smothering yourself in it, you won't look like a jersey shore reject. I use an ecotools powder brush to apply (LOVE!) and it gives me just enough natural glow. The compact is massive and has lasted ages, and I detect zero scent. Highly recommend.

on 5/29/2008 9:35:00 AM

What is up with these bronzers stinking to high heaven? Seriously. Milani's XL bronzer smells like Nair, and this one smells like the active (read stinky) ingredient in self-tanner. One huge lippie off for this because it makes this almost intolerable for me to use near my face. Everything else about this bronzer is pretty nice, so the stench is a big shame. I'm not typically bothered by fragrance in powders (I even kind of like the classic Noxema scent Cover Girl has as its trademark) but come on, it's got to be pleasant. This actually makes the Nair smell of Milani seem preferable. I didn't notice any other reviews ranting on this, so maybe I got a bad/ old batch?
I have the one called "Terra" with the star shaped section of gold overspray. The color of the powder is quite nice--a medium golden tan that isn't too orangey. I also have NARS Laguna among quite a few other bronzers and I disagree that this shade is like Laguna. Laguna doesn't have any strong warm tones and this definitely does. I'd liken Terra most to Cargo bronzer in Medium. It's pigmented and looks nice on although I rubbed off the gold overspray section because that deposited way too much glitter on my face. Once that was gone this was pretty nice. Doesn't seem to be totally matte, but maybe there's some residue from the overspray still left on the surface of the powder. You get a huge compact for $7.99
If not for the smell this would be a steal. As it is, I am too grossed out by the fragrance to bother with this one again.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

I love this stuff! The color I bought was Terra and it is awesome. I have all different types of bronzers (Laura Mercier, Benefit's Hoola, Bare Escentuals Warm Radiance & Fake Tan) and this stuff is the same quality. If you want just the tan look without the shimmer you can swipe just that section or if you want a light glow/ soft shimmer just swipe your brush over the star. The compact is big at .70 oz so you get lots of product. My only complaint is that I think I would prefer something a little smaller to be able to carry in my purse...