75%
package quality

price range

Reviews

a year ago

This is a very pretty whitish-pink which looks lovely for a clean, neutral nail look. With two coats, I have good coverage and it doesn't start chipping for approximately 3 days.

About reviewer (359 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair, Cool

HairBlond, Other, Fine

2.0

2 years ago

The color is a lovely neutral with a hint of pink. 1 coat is not going to look good (even over a milky base coat) unless you are super, super careful and a very sheer coat (it won't be easy). It looks okay going on but as it dries it starts to look patchy. I think some very careful painters could make 1 very carefully applied coat to work (unlike really troublesome ones such as Essie Marshmallow). 2 coats are much more milky than just 1 and the 2nd coat is also much, much more streaky. It looks pretty bad. 3 coats gets it semi opague and helps a little but it still looks uneven and even worse as it dries. This is a fail for me. I would not rebuy it. Try an easier to use formula Wet N Wild's 2% milk (not a color dupe, but same family). It goes on so easy, and is cheap.

About reviewer (87 reviews)

SkinSensitive, Fair, Neutral

HairRed, Wavy, Fine

EyesBrown

2.0

3 years ago

I've been searching for more non-pink neutral sheers to work with my light yellow/olive skintone and thought I'd give a classic Essie a shot, since after all they are famous for their nudes. That was a mistake. Why do I always forget that I hate Essie polishes for a reason? They're so bad when it comes to streaking, especially with the tiny crappy brushes Essie insists on packaging them with. Limo-Scene is no exception to this rule. In addition to being streaky and awkward, in my opinion it's also just way too opaque to work as a nude. Two coats look straight-up white on my nails, not sheer ivory like the bottle would lead you to believe.

About reviewer (86 reviews)

Age25-29

SkinDry, Fair-Medium, Warm

HairBrown, Wavy, Fine

3 years ago

Unless I have a special occasion, I leave my toes to the pros and do my own easy manicures. This is perfect for this. Not too opaque or pink. Even my kinda sloppy amateur job looks way better than nothing. It's very forgiving. I keep it in the fridge to avoid gloppiness. I can get a good six months out of a bottle.

About reviewer (46 reviews)

SkinDry, Fair-Medium

HairBlond

4 years ago

love this polish. I have it put on my nails once a month when I have a manicure; then change the polish several times until the next time. It is soft, pretty, elegant, professional, and romantic all at the same time. Just makes nails look perfect, better than natural, no flaws.

About reviewer (43 reviews)

SkinDry, Fair, Cool

HairBlond, Wavy, Coarse

3.0

4 years ago

Milky ivory off-white neutral. Application is easy, its a slightly streaky sheer that evens out on the 2nd coat. 4 coats for full coverage, or 1 -2 coats for a your-nails-but-better elegant sheer polish. Limo-Scene is a good alternative if you find Allure too white, or Mademoiselle or Ballet Slippers or Tying the Knotie too pink. Limo-Scene has a slightly yellow undertone which clashes with my very fair skin, it gives my nails as slightly stained and less healthy look. So for me the white/pink undertones I mentioned above work better. But I think Limo-Scene would be loved by medium+ skintones, its really about trying it and seeing if it works for you.

About reviewer (1240 reviews)

SkinSensitive, Fair, Warm

HairBlond, Wavy, Fine

5 years ago

Beautiful milky pale color! Have been a huge fan of white, pinky pale colors and this is one of my favorites! Absolutely beautiful, easy to apply. It can be streaky, and it is pretty sheer. So if you do like "full coverage", you will not like this one (or use 3 coats).

About reviewer (563 reviews)

Age30-35

SkinDry, Medium, Neutral

HairBlond, Straight, Fine

3.0

5 years ago

It is a pretty pearly sheer white color. But its too light on my skin tone.

About reviewer (69 reviews)

Age30-35

SkinAcne-prone, Olive, Warm

HairBrunette, Curly, Coarse

EyesBrown

5 years ago

After seeing this nail color on my sister I ran to purchase. It looks yellow in the bottle but goes on a beautiful natural shade. Already got compliments! :)

About reviewer (5 reviews)

SkinDry, Medium, Not Sure

HairBrown, Wavy, Fine

EyesGreen

6 years ago

Very pretty neutral. Looks great against my now tanned olive skin. It lasts 5-6 days with Seche base + top coat. I knocked off a star because it does take about 3 coats to get it opaque enough, and it's not the most original of colors, but hey, it's a neutral.

About reviewer (4 reviews)

Age19-24