Essie Limo-Scene

Essie Limo-Scene

on 7/30/2017 8:12:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

I've been searching for more non-pink neutral sheers to work with my light yellow/olive skintone and thought I'd give a classic Essie a shot, since after all they are famous for their nudes. That was a mistake. Why do I always forget that I hate Essie polishes for a reason? They're so bad when it comes to streaking, especially with the tiny crappy brushes Essie insists on packaging them with. Limo-Scene is no exception to this rule. In addition to being streaky and awkward, in my opinion it's also just way too opaque to work as a nude. Two coats look straight-up white on my nails, not sheer ivory like the bottle would lead you to believe.

on 6/26/2017 9:20:00 PM

Unless I have a special occasion, I leave my toes to the pros and do my own easy manicures. This is perfect for this. Not too opaque or pink. Even my kinda sloppy amateur job looks way better than nothing. It's very forgiving. I keep it in the fridge to avoid gloppiness. I can get a good six months out of a bottle.

on 8/6/2015 4:24:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Neutral

Beautiful milky pale color! Have been a huge fan of white, pinky pale colors and this is one of my favorites! Absolutely beautiful, easy to apply. It can be streaky, and it is pretty sheer. So if you do like "full coverage", you will not like this one (or use 3 coats).

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Blond, Other, Fine

Milky ivory off-white neutral. Application is easy, its a slightly streaky sheer that evens out on the 2nd coat. 4 coats for full coverage, or 1 -2 coats for a your-nails-but-better elegant sheer polish.

Limo-Scene is a good alternative if you find Allure too white, or Mademoiselle or Ballet Slippers or Tying the Knotie too pink. Limo-Scene has a slightly yellow undertone which clashes with my very fair skin, it gives my nails as slightly stained and less healthy look. So for me the white/pink undertones I mentioned above work better. But I think Limo-Scene would be loved by medium+ skintones, its really about trying it and seeing if it works for you.

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

It is a pretty pearly sheer white color. But its too light on my skin tone.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse

love this polish. I have it put on my nails once a month when I have a manicure; then change the polish several times until the next time. It is soft, pretty, elegant, professional, and romantic all at the same time. Just makes nails look perfect, better than natural, no flaws.

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

After seeing this nail color on my sister I ran to purchase. It looks yellow in the bottle but goes on a beautiful natural shade. Already got compliments! :)

When I saw it in stores, I thought that it was a must-have for my collection. I've been obsessing over light, pastel colors lately, so of course I couldn't resist this fair pink.
And wow.
Looking at it in the bottle and reading reviews, I definitely expected it to be sheer. Usually, I can get away with two or three thin coats to be opaque enough so that I can't see my nail. Not with this one! Also, for some reason it took forever to dry; even after waiting for a while for it to dry (watching TV), and then applying Seche Vite's quick-dry top coat, it still was slightly wet after I waited for about ten minutes, leaving me with messed up nails.
I don't have any complaints about the color; I actually got compliments on my polish and it's a subtle pink (I'm not too much of a pink person). My problem is with application. Even with the great color, I would be hesitant to buy it again; honestly, the only reason why I would do so is to see if it would be a better bottle.

on 8/13/2014 3:23:00 PM

A milky pearl white with pink tint to it. this Essie polish looks like the perfect neutral. It complimented my skin tone well. BUT it is too sheer for my taste. I had to apply 3+ coats before I could get any coverage. Would not purchase again. Not worth the Essie price tag!

Very pretty neutral. Looks great against my now tanned olive skin. It lasts 5-6 days with Seche base + top coat. I knocked off a star because it does take about 3 coats to get it opaque enough, and it's not the most original of colors, but hey, it's a neutral.

Popular Polishes