Essie Limo-Scene

Essie Limo-Scene

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse

love this polish. I have it put on my nails once a month when I have a manicure; then change the polish several times until the next time. It is soft, pretty, elegant, professional, and romantic all at the same time. Just makes nails look perfect, better than natural, no flaws.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Blond, Other, Fine

Milky ivory off-white neutral. Application is easy, its a slightly streaky sheer that evens out on the 2nd coat. 4 coats for full coverage, or 1 -2 coats for a your-nails-but-better elegant sheer polish.

Limo-Scene is a good alternative if you find Allure too white, or Mademoiselle and Ballet Slippers too pink. Limo-Scene has a slightly yellow undertone which clashes with my very fair skin, it gives my nails as slightly stained and less healthy look. So for me the white/pink undertones I mentioned above work better. But I think Limo-Scene would be loved by medium+ skintones, its really about trying it and seeing if it works for you.

on 8/6/2015 4:24:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Neutral

Beautiful milky pale color! Have been a huge fan of white, pinky pale colors and this is one of my favorites! Absolutely beautiful, easy to apply. It can be streaky, and it is pretty sheer. So if you do like "full coverage", you will not like this one (or use 3 coats).

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

It is a pretty pearly sheer white color. But its too light on my skin tone.

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

After seeing this nail color on my sister I ran to purchase. It looks yellow in the bottle but goes on a beautiful natural shade. Already got compliments! :)

Very pretty neutral. Looks great against my now tanned olive skin. It lasts 5-6 days with Seche base + top coat. I knocked off a star because it does take about 3 coats to get it opaque enough, and it's not the most original of colors, but hey, it's a neutral.

on 8/13/2014 3:23:00 PM

A milky pearl white with pink tint to it. this Essie polish looks like the perfect neutral. It complimented my skin tone well. BUT it is too sheer for my taste. I had to apply 3+ coats before I could get any coverage. Would not purchase again. Not worth the Essie price tag!

When I saw it in stores, I thought that it was a must-have for my collection. I've been obsessing over light, pastel colors lately, so of course I couldn't resist this fair pink.
And wow.
Looking at it in the bottle and reading reviews, I definitely expected it to be sheer. Usually, I can get away with two or three thin coats to be opaque enough so that I can't see my nail. Not with this one! Also, for some reason it took forever to dry; even after waiting for a while for it to dry (watching TV), and then applying Seche Vite's quick-dry top coat, it still was slightly wet after I waited for about ten minutes, leaving me with messed up nails.
I don't have any complaints about the color; I actually got compliments on my polish and it's a subtle pink (I'm not too much of a pink person). My problem is with application. Even with the great color, I would be hesitant to buy it again; honestly, the only reason why I would do so is to see if it would be a better bottle.

I REALLY like this color. I have to wear neutrals to work and I actually took this color to the salon for my mani. It is a tad streaky even for them but i looove the color and how it looks against my skin tone NW25. I have gotten so many females making good comments about my nails.

on 9/11/2012 10:17:00 AM

One of my favorite Essie colors. It does take a little patience and concentration to put it on without streaking, but you are rewarded with a beautiful milky pinkish white color. Great for a professional environment and also works with french tips.

Popular Polishes