L'Oreal Super Liner

L'Oreal Super Liner

4.1

Aqua / Water, Propylene Glycol, Acrylates Copolymer, Diglycol / CHDM / Isophthalates / SIP Copolymer, Alcohol Denat, Calcium Aluminium Borosilicate, Trilaureth-4 Phosphate, Silica, Imidazolidinyl Urea, Xanthan Gum, Methylparaben, [ / - May Contain: CI77492, CI77499, CI77491 / Iron Oxides, Mica, CI77891 / Titanium Dioxide, CI77000 / Aluminium Powder, CI77820, Silver, CI75470 / Carmine, CI77007 / Ultramarine, CI77288 / Chromium Oxide Greens, CI77289 / Chromium Hydroxide Green, CI77510 / Ferric Ferrocyanide]

Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Medium

I just bought this and I couldn't be happier. It applies very smooth and the color is extremely black, which I like. The applicator is good, although I would have preferred a more precise tip. The one I have is the super liner black lacquer in the waterproof formula. it was 12 euros which I find a little bit expensive for drugstore, but the actual product is worth it and it isn't the 20 euros you have to pay for the kat von d one. The only thing is that it has a glossy finish, so if you prefer a more matte finish this one isn't for you.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

Would not buy again.
Being on a budget I bought the superliner Ultra Precision eyeliner from my local store. I wanted a dip in eye liner liquid, which this was. However, the brush is very soft which makes it hard to apply a straight line, also making it hard to make both eyes even. You have to dip in the brush multiple times into the liquid as it runs out very quick. Not an easy eyeliner to apply at all.
Also does not stay on very long, even with setting spray it tends to smudge and fade.

To Read all 157 Reviews, Login or Join

on 4/15/2016 10:20:00 AM

The L'Oréal Paris Black Super Eyeliner was the first liquid eyeliner I ever used. I really like it, it's very black, doesn't smudge that easily and it's easy to apply, even if you're a beginner.

So after my first eyeliner, I bought a second one and when that one ran out, I bought the Black Vinyl Superliner. And that one I did not like AT ALL. I still can't wrap my head around it, but for some reason, the black vinyl one, which is supposed to be waterproof, smudged so much! It didn't dry at all during the day so it gave me panda eyes all day long. When I wiped the liner that would smudge above my eyelashes away, it would still return later. I didn't even finish the liner and just went ahead and bought a gel liner because I had had it...

Conclusion: I think the normal Super Liner in black is very good, but the Black Vinyl one is horrible. Don't waste your money on it.

I have the Black Laquer waterproof version. It was half price, so I thought I'd try it out.
I do MMA (boxing, jiu jitsu etc), and after three hours of working out and sparring (and sweating!!) it still sits PERFECTLY. The wing that I draw does come off a bit at all after a night of sleeping, but the line is still looking good. I have tried a lot of eyeliners before but this one is great for me. It's a liquid liner with a felt tip. I thought it would not be precise enough for me but it works perfectly. I think I will stay with this liner for a long time. I'm not a person to write a lot of reviews, but this one I had to share.

on 3/1/2016 12:44:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I bought the carbon gloss version, thinking it was the one people raved about on here. Instead of the felt tip liner that I was expecting, it was a liquid liner. Which fine, that's my bad for not doing my research. The thing is that I could live with it being a liquid liner - what I can't get over is how bad the applicator is. Mine is bent weirdly, which may or may not be the result of a faulty product. Either way, it makes the application that much harder. The tip of the applicator is also really hard, and it's like it doesn't absorb product properly. I have to dip it in the container again and again just to get enough product to do one winged eyeliner.

When it comes to staying power, the formula is mostly very good. If I just line the upper lash line with it, it stays on all day. It absolutely does not smudge, and it only flakes if at the end of the day I rub my eyes a little too carelessly. Here's the second problem though: when I tried to do a winged eyeliner with this and put it into the outer corner of my eye, I immediately had a reaction to it. My eyes started to water, the skin became irritated and soon my makeup was just a mess. As soon as my eyes (which are quite sensitive) started watering, the eyeliner smudged like crazy. If I touched it, it came right off. I had to go to the bathroom to remove what was left of the wing to save the rest of the eye makeup (as well as save my eyes from the pain). The day after the skin at the corner of my eye was irritated and sore.

I will use the tub up, but only when I want to do a thin line to frame the upper lash line. I do like the intensity of the black color, and how it stays put. But I wouldn't repurchase a product that not only has a shit applicator, but also irritates my eyes like crazy if I'm not careful.

on 11/11/2015 10:09:00 AM

Get the one with the gold writing that is the best one!!

Love this eyeliner, so quick and easy to use.

Been using this for many many years

on 10/27/2015 10:58:00 AM

I usually use Maybelline hyperglossy liner which costs about 250 bucks. it has a lovely thin gliding applicator and a lovely fresh look which Lasts till you remove it off with a makeup remover. I don't exactly remember why I wanted to try something else and ended up spending 700 bucks on L'oreal super liner. the applicator is a spongy felt tip sorts which makes it very difficult to apply a fine tight line. besides I was shocked when the liner easily got flaked off once when I gently rubbed my eye lid, and even more easily when my eye tears. it's ridiculous for L'oreal to price it so high and give such a useless product. never buying out again. EVER.

on 10/9/2015 3:20:00 AM

Hair: Blond, Other, Fine

Where has this been all my life?!! I have the ultra precision liner and it's so easy and quick to use, really black but not overly glossy which is great. Stays on all day, doesn't smudge or flake. The tip could be a bit slimmer but otherwise I'm very happy with the product. And it did not irritate my eyes which some eyeliner have done recently. I'm sure I'll repurchase this one.

on 9/7/2015 3:52:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

This is a felt tip liquid liner, which I find easier to use than any other form of liquid liner. I usually use the Stila one, so I of course had to compare. This has a more matte finish and is not as black (or glossy). I think this stays on well on oily eyelids with a primer underneath (UD). After a full day I feel like it can smudge a little on the outer eye (when doing a cat eye) and if I'm going out after work I usually reapply and fill in to make it more black again. For the cheap price this is a great product.

Was given not one but two of these as a gift. The worst eyeliner I've ever used. Not black but charcoal grey, smudges easily and does not last at all. Relatively easy to apply but that appears to be the only perk.