Marc Jacobs Eau De Parfum

Filtered by skin tone : Medium
Marc Jacobs Eau De Parfum

4.2

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

I bought this on a trip to Vancouver when it first came out. I was actually looking for Fracas. The store didn't have it but the SA said this was close (which I think is true when I finally managed to find Fracas years later in Sydney). It smelled lovely in Vancouver (late winter) and I wore it the whole time I was there. When I returned to hot and humid Singapore and wore it, it smelled heavy and sweet. The gardenia was still nice but too heavy. I still think this is a unique perfume. I now wear this only once in a rare while. I've kept it to remind myself of that lovely trip to Vancouver.

If you love gardenia, then this is your scent! It's a very beautifully done gardenia too, as some just smell so fake and like chemicals. This fragrance is classy, elegant and something you could imagine wearing to a garden party or somewhere semi formal in spring. I don't smell many other notes on me (maybe perhaps the cedar ever so slightly)....it's really full on gardenia. The lasting power is excellent and a couple of sprays will see you through the entire day.

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

I love this perfume its very simple and elegant and lasts for ages on skin. I think its a perfect wedding perfume as well its sophisticated and clean and not at all fruity which is different and appealing. Would recommend.

My mum loves it too:)

on 6/23/2009 4:39:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

I love this perfume..the smell of Gardenia....This is a light and fresh scent, however I don't think this lasts me the entire day..but still I am a big fan of the gentle smell.

on 6/4/2009 5:43:00 PM

One of my favourite flowers is gardenia. I get irritated with a lot of fragrances that pretend to be gardenia and then there are lots of different notes and accords that take away from the beauty of the gardenia scent. I know gardenia is hell to extract and that it is a stingy flower re. its scent so perfumers have to get around that.
Marc Jacobs albeit a watery gardenia , IS gardenia.
I like it and it does last for a scent so soft in presenatation. The price point is good too. It's not the best but it will suffice for that gardenia ,white floral kick without being a huge opaque fragrance.

on 4/12/2009 4:13:00 PM

This is a very pretty white floral. I bought it because it was as close as I could get to the fabulous old discontinued La Prairie parfum (before those goofy Raindrop perfumes) Marc Jacobs comes close to the same lush creamy floral quality that La Prairie had ( I was heartbroken when they discontinued it, the bottle was gorgeous too, a crystal jewel. Shame on la Prairie for quitting it.) Anyway, hooray for Marc Jacobs. It is a very dressy, fashion statement type of fragrance.
I have smelled it on a young woman at OutBack restaurant while I waited at the takeout counter. She was wearing sneakers with jeans and a sweater. Talk about psychic dissonance of the nose! (what's the fifty-dollar word I'm looking for?) I understand the idea of dressing up one's attire with perfume, but this combination actually made the casual clothing look shabbier.
This fragrance is for a tailored suit, a formal gown, a wedding gown, even a cashmere sweater with a leather jacket. But please!!! Save the jeans and sneakers for an appropriate less formal fragrance -- Aqua di Gio, CK 1, the citrusy Cliniques, or one of the multitude of Incanto flankers, Ralph or Miracle (which I adore) or Sung (also a white floral but the green freshness makes it less formal) for schlepping around, OK? Nothing against the informals, I know they are great for dressing up too. End of rant ;)

Skin: Normal, Medium, Cool

This did not work on my skin at all. I was surprised to find other people considered Marc Jacobs to be soft and subtle as on me it was brash and chemical smelling. It also had a salty tang to it, reminiscent of cheap bath products. The gardenia was very fresh, clean and soapy, but not in a good way, and, unfortunately, it lasted all day on me. Won't be buying this one!

on 2/20/2009 5:22:00 PM

I can't quite use the L word on this perfume, but I like it a lot. I've been looking for a winter/older smelling fragrance (ie something that doesn't smell like fruit and "the islands") and I'm not quite sure if this could be the one. The fragrance hangs around all day (which is much more than I can say about Daisy...) but something in this perfume tends to be too strong and gives me a headache at first every time I wear it. Either way, its a nice date or night out perfume that smells romantic and warm.

on 12/7/2008 6:59:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

It has been a nice fragrance for work; smells clean and fresh with a gentle floral overtone. I'm not in love with it, though, and it doesn't seem to do much for DH...will probably move on once it is gone.

Update:
I'm now on my third bottle and, while there are other scents in my fragrance wardrobe that my husband prefers, I find this is a great daytime scent that generates its fair share of compliments from strangers -- like catnip for men in the office elevator, actually.

on 12/7/2008 12:07:00 AM

I need to buy this again. I LOOOVED it. It's pure perfection in a bottle..lol maybe not but its soo great! I have no idea how to describe this unique and vibrant scent. I will always LOVE this! *****

Popular Fragrances