Marc Jacobs Eau De Parfum

Filtered by hair type : Wavy
Marc Jacobs Eau De Parfum

4.2

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This is a beautiful clean floral fragrance. The notes are mostly of gardenia and honeysuckle, but it doesn't have the sickly sweet cloying character of other gardenia fragrances. It is very classy, definitely won't be mistaken for a cheap drugstore perfume. Very pretty for spring and summer.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

I wear this one a lot in all seasons and all situations. It's not the only fragrance I own or wear, but it's definitely much loved. Full-on longevity is about 6-8 hours. The far dry-down is still there, and you can smell it faintly on fabric the day after, but for the whole shimmering impressionistic gardenia effect, a top-up is needed if you're going to go from day to evening with it, which is no bad thing in my book as I get to smell the amazing opening more often. After that 'ta-dah!' blast of gardenia, it quiets down within 30 minutes and wears as a more polite floral with a 1950s sort of vibe to it, for me at least. I don't know what it is, that stuff that smells sort of sparkling, like L'Air du Temps even though the actual smell is not the same - like air charged with electricity before a storm - more of a feeling than a smell. But as for the smell it's a little green, a little fresh, a little musky, I can sort of catch a glimpse of something like FM's Angeliques Sous La Pluie in it every so often... overall just very, very pretty. When I wear it with jeans, it feels like a casual beachy sort of scent, and when I'm making more of an effort in the clothing and make-up departments, it feels classy and tailored. I love it, and I hope they keep making it, and don't *expletive* with the formula! It feels like a future classic.

on 9/11/2012 7:03:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

To start with, I like to use just one perfume for every occasion so it becomes my trademark, and my type would be a fresh smelling perfume because I can't stand sweet ones. I haven't been able to find the right one for years even tho I've tried hundreds, literally hundreds of perfumes. L'eau D'issey by Issey Miyake came close to becoming my favorite but the smell was too strong for my liking. One day after work, my co-worker told me about this Marc Jacobs perfume that she really like but couldn't get her hands on because it's kinda rare. When I tried it the first time, I knew it was 'the one' straightaway. The scent was just so fresh and elegant and it has that sharp floral smell that I love. It was just the right concentration so wasn't too strong or too light. After so many years, this perfume ends my search for my HG perfume.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

When I was a girl, I loved gardenia. Gardenia anything - soaps, fragrance, room sprays. I distinctly recall really loving an Evelyn & Crabtree version of gardenia. At 12, I probably overdid it on the gardenia. As I got older, I found it more cloying and less fresh so I stopped wearing it.

Marc Jacobs is, of course, gardenia. This is not a soliflore gardenia though. Aquatic and tropical impressions come up as well, I suppose from the woody base and the tuberose? I'm not sure what the water note floats in on, but it is lovely and keeps it from being a typical heady white floral. I like this fragrance quite a bit for summer. It is a humid scent. I can't see this appealing to men. The fragrance is not sexy or bold or sex-kitten or vampish. It is elegant and lovely.

I absolutely love this perfume! I've been wearing it for 6 years. For some reason, it just has a completely calming affect on me. I even spray it on my pillows and it helps me sleep. I always get compliments when I wear it, especially from men. I've been hugged by friends and told "omg, you smell sooo good!" It a perfume that is great to wear and that others love to smell, men and women alike! The only problem I have is the packaging. It's hard to travel with because it can leak, and then can get "gunky" around the top. However, that has not stopped from purchasing and repurchasing several times. It's the only thing I've repurchased about 6 times, let a lone at all!! Also, I'm very sensitive to scents, and this is this is the only one I've found that does not give me a headache or smell to sweet or anything. It's just perfect and it mixes well with my chemistry. When I think of how I smell, I think of this scent. It has become my signature.

on 5/5/2011 8:09:00 PM

in order to appreciate this scent, you have to like white florals. I adore gardenia and tuberose flowers and their scent, and since i live in the tropics, i smell it all the time. Unfortunately, most perfumes with gardenia do not recapture the magnificent scent of the real flower instead making it cloyinly sweet and smelling like bathroom freshener. This one is wondeful-i don't smell jasmine or ginger or any other notes other than fresh gardenias and tuberose, that has just been plucked off and deposited into a bowl full of icy water. I'm really not sure what note gives it that "aquatic" and fresh feeling but whatever it is, its gives it a push from the land of nice into stunning. I own quite a few fragrances but this is one of the few scents where i actually finished my bottle and repurchased it several times. I will always have it in my stash. I have been complimented on it numerous times, by both men and women. Its very fresh and almost innocent scent and i can see it suitable for all ages.
the only thing i dislike is the bottle-the cap doesn't come off and you have to press on it to spray, very inconvinient since cap is wide and uncomfortable to grip with your fingers

on 7/11/2010 11:34:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

I love this scent, but it is hard to wear because it is so strong. It tends to be overpowering and no one in my life has the same affection for it that I do. Thus, although I love it, I wouldn't buy it again because I can pretty much only wear it when I'm alone! I don't really know in what situations this perfume is appropriate...I think you would have to be a Southern Belle at an outdoor garden party, or perhaps some Brazilian hottie dancing the night away. Love it, but it's not my reality!

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I'm not a fan of gardenia, at least this chemical version of it.
As gardenia scents go this one is less sickening but still,
it's a bit yucko.
Allure liked this scent the best of all of them in 2009 so I got the rollerball version of it. I will probably take it back.
I don't want to smell like this. I like citrus and chypre, and white
flowers like lily. Gardenia smells a bit horrible.

on 1/22/2010 11:23:00 PM

This fragrance really captures the scent of gardenia. I kinda find myself tiring of this perfum if i wear it too often so i only wear it occasionly but if you like gardenia you will really like this. light not overpowering, HUGE bottle that im not crazy about. its so big and rectangular its hard to grasp for some reason and the sprayer gets gunked up but its the scent that really counts i guess.....

on 5/17/2009 12:30:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Other

I bought this as a perfume to go size at Sephora. I felt like a lot of people have mentioned before, that it was a bit too strong, and too sweet. But..the scent has really grown on me, and i really love it now!One spritz lasts all day,I like to spritz it on my hair. It really is a lovely gardenia scent, it feels fresh and very feminine, pure and clean. It is expensive to buy the full sized bottles, but there are the smalle travel bottles which are more affordable, and they last me a long time. Try it out first, as it's a different experience for every person. A little goes a long way.