Marc Jacobs Eau De Parfum

Filtered by skin type : Dry
Marc Jacobs Eau De Parfum

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This is a beautiful clean floral fragrance. The notes are mostly of gardenia and honeysuckle, but it doesn't have the sickly sweet cloying character of other gardenia fragrances. It is very classy, definitely won't be mistaken for a cheap drugstore perfume. Very pretty for spring and summer.

on 5/5/2011 8:09:00 PM

in order to appreciate this scent, you have to like white florals. I adore gardenia and tuberose flowers and their scent, and since i live in the tropics, i smell it all the time. Unfortunately, most perfumes with gardenia do not recapture the magnificent scent of the real flower instead making it cloyinly sweet and smelling like bathroom freshener. This one is wondeful-i don't smell jasmine or ginger or any other notes other than fresh gardenias and tuberose, that has just been plucked off and deposited into a bowl full of icy water. I'm really not sure what note gives it that "aquatic" and fresh feeling but whatever it is, its gives it a push from the land of nice into stunning. I own quite a few fragrances but this is one of the few scents where i actually finished my bottle and repurchased it several times. I will always have it in my stash. I have been complimented on it numerous times, by both men and women. Its very fresh and almost innocent scent and i can see it suitable for all ages.
the only thing i dislike is the bottle-the cap doesn't come off and you have to press on it to spray, very inconvinient since cap is wide and uncomfortable to grip with your fingers

This is my classic fragrance, well it has not been around for that long but I never get sick of this scent. It is so classy and sexy without smelling like candy. Don't need to smell like my daughter. The Jasmine and Rose combo is what I truly love about this scent. A little goes a long way. Fragrances usually give me a headache but not this one. I am glad since I just won't part with it. It is my day and night scent, all year round!

on 7/11/2010 11:34:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

I love this scent, but it is hard to wear because it is so strong. It tends to be overpowering and no one in my life has the same affection for it that I do. Thus, although I love it, I wouldn't buy it again because I can pretty much only wear it when I'm alone! I don't really know in what situations this perfume is appropriate...I think you would have to be a Southern Belle at an outdoor garden party, or perhaps some Brazilian hottie dancing the night away. Love it, but it's not my reality!

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I'm not a fan of gardenia, at least this chemical version of it.
As gardenia scents go this one is less sickening but still,
it's a bit yucko.
Allure liked this scent the best of all of them in 2009 so I got the rollerball version of it. I will probably take it back.
I don't want to smell like this. I like citrus and chypre, and white
flowers like lily. Gardenia smells a bit horrible.

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

I bought this on a trip to Vancouver when it first came out. I was actually looking for Fracas. The store didn't have it but the SA said this was close (which I think is true when I finally managed to find Fracas years later in Sydney). It smelled lovely in Vancouver (late winter) and I wore it the whole time I was there. When I returned to hot and humid Singapore and wore it, it smelled heavy and sweet. The gardenia was still nice but too heavy. I still think this is a unique perfume. I now wear this only once in a rare while. I've kept it to remind myself of that lovely trip to Vancouver.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Marc Jacobs really knows perfume. The concept of this is one perfect gardenia flower floating on water. Gardenia is my favorite flower,and in alot of perfumes before this it could be too strong. I love the way he's done it with cedar, ginger, muguet, and musk. It all seems to stay perfect every day for me. An instant classic and much loved perfume. There are some long thought out, and frankly (border on clinically insane) reviews for this perfume. Why else would anyone write such a long drama? Gardenia is beautiful, but that review was not. Nor well thought out.

on 1/13/2009 8:48:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

While I do not typically flip over florals, I insist on smelling this when I am in the store and every time it makes me completely nauseous. This is by no means a soft scent IMO. I can pinpoint it in a crowd & not in a good way. For everyone out there who wears this, please at least be courteous enough to keep it to 2 sprays at the maximum when you apply this.

What is there NOT to love about this perfume? It's extremely feminine and "pretty". Similar to Kai..but with depth. I read the reviews on here before checking it out at the store...and it was love at first sniff! :)

Edit: This is the ONLY perfume I can wear daily without getting repulsed after a while. I love it.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

A big dose of what I'm guessing is gardenia overwhelms me, and I'm not liking it. It is very soft and gentle, but something in this makes me feel literally sick, this was really not a scent for my chemistry. A touch of vanilla in the background and loads of flowers, as if walking in a garden where a little ill-wanting gnome throws beautiful, but nauseating flowers on me. Somehow it resembles Fracas to me though (which I love), but in a gardenia version. A typical warehouse scent too. Eww! I even like the sharp Love in White from Creed better.

Staying power: Amazingly good I'm afraid, for being a floral it has tremendous staying power: 9/10.

Popular Fragrances