Marc Jacobs Eau De Parfum

Marc Jacobs Eau De Parfum

4.1

on 5/7/2017 2:30:00 PM

One of my top 3 favorite of all times. I've been using this for years and I'm constantly on the look out for new scents but without fail I come back to my top 3. This has a light clean floral scent (mostly gardenia). It's easy to find floral scents but so many of them have that sickeningly sweet note. This is classic and feminine.

Beautiful light summer scent that will impress anyone who is drawn towards a light, flowery scent. It's very subtle n me and it seems to be one of those scents where you'll move a certain way and just catch a "whiff" of yourself ( doesn't that sounds a bit creepy? hehe) and you go "oh .....yes...."
Decent price point for the size definitely a daytime scent suitable for office if ya'll are allowed to wear it there ( not moi)

Very pretty Je t'aime
>'.'<

on 10/2/2013 10:28:00 PM

One of the most compositionally seamless scents I've experienced-- up there with Chanel No 5 and Shalimar (but having a vastly more modern and easygoing feel). It really does what it says: it captures the buttery-perfect freshness of a gardenia floating in water, with none of the cloying or indolic turns so many white florals take. It's breathtaking in its balance of green/aquatic notes with the almost nutty and suede-like scent of a deeply ripe blossom.

This is some damn sexy stuff if you ask me. But I am the kind of person who finds that clean = sexy. I have a visceral "yuck" response to fragrances with heavy, ponderous florals and spices. Perhaps it's that my chemistry can bring out funky, bathroom-y undertones in certain scents. Marc Jacobs is blessedly devoid of such detours. It's pure pleasure-- fresh
gardenia petals strewn across fine Italian suede in an immaculately appointed spa. (And that feels very sexy!) When I wear it, I feel complemented by it but never , overpowered. It fits the online: hypnotic yet discreet, intoxicating yet subtle. One of my all-time faves-- and even though I'm kind of hippie-dippie and not much into tailored clothes, I viscerally just love the square bottle with the black bow :)

This is my go to perfume for everyday, I have others but I always come back to this....It's light, floral, clean, I love this. It makes me feel pretty when I wear it and I ALWAYS have someone ask me what I am wearing and that they love it..... If you like Strong Perfumes and Woodsy scents you won't like this, But if you like light floral notes and just clean scents you should give this a try...A little goes a long way and I can't say enough great things about it, been using it for 8 years now and when I run out I go re-purchase!

on 10/25/2012 11:36:00 AM

This has been my go-to perfume for years. The top note is gardenia, which gives a beautiful floral scent. The dry-down contains notes of ginger, cedar and musk. I am very sensitive to smells and this perfume initially presents as very strong and headache-inducing, but I have never had a problem with it. It wears well and has a lasting scent. It is desribed as a "classic, feminine and elegant" and that is exactly how I would describe it.

I usually wear this for work and when going out in the evening, although in more recent years it has become more of a fall/winter scent for me as it is a bit strong and I perfer a lighter scent in the warmer months.

Two major PROs for this perfume: 1. Many people gravitate towards Marc Jacbos newer scents such as Daisy and overlook this original, classic making it somewhat of a unique scent. I do not know anyone who wears this. 2. Men looooooove this perfume.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

I wear this one a lot in all seasons and all situations. It's not the only fragrance I own or wear, but it's definitely much loved. Full-on longevity is about 6-8 hours. The far dry-down is still there, and you can smell it faintly on fabric the day after, but for the whole shimmering impressionistic gardenia effect, a top-up is needed if you're going to go from day to evening with it, which is no bad thing in my book as I get to smell the amazing opening more often. After that 'ta-dah!' blast of gardenia, it quiets down within 30 minutes and wears as a more polite floral with a 1950s sort of vibe to it, for me at least. I don't know what it is, that stuff that smells sort of sparkling, like L'Air du Temps even though the actual smell is not the same - like air charged with electricity before a storm - more of a feeling than a smell. But as for the smell it's a little green, a little fresh, a little musky, I can sort of catch a glimpse of something like FM's Angeliques Sous La Pluie in it every so often... overall just very, very pretty. When I wear it with jeans, it feels like a casual beachy sort of scent, and when I'm making more of an effort in the clothing and make-up departments, it feels classy and tailored. I love it, and I hope they keep making it, and don't *expletive* with the formula! It feels like a future classic.

on 9/11/2012 7:03:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

To start with, I like to use just one perfume for every occasion so it becomes my trademark, and my type would be a fresh smelling perfume because I can't stand sweet ones. I haven't been able to find the right one for years even tho I've tried hundreds, literally hundreds of perfumes. L'eau D'issey by Issey Miyake came close to becoming my favorite but the smell was too strong for my liking. One day after work, my co-worker told me about this Marc Jacobs perfume that she really like but couldn't get her hands on because it's kinda rare. When I tried it the first time, I knew it was 'the one' straightaway. The scent was just so fresh and elegant and it has that sharp floral smell that I love. It was just the right concentration so wasn't too strong or too light. After so many years, this perfume ends my search for my HG perfume.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Straight, Medium

I have been searching for a scent to replace my White Gardenia body spray from Bath and Body works (discontinued). This smells very similar, however a little sweeter. I really love clean flowery scents that smell like you stuck your nose in a flower, it is hard to finds ones that are just straight flower scent without other things making it traditional perfumy smelling, but this one is pretty simple. I bought the rollerball version from Sephora.

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I prefer to keep a perfume wardrobe rather than one signature scent, but I do reach for Marc Jacobs delicious original perfume frequently. The first thing I noticed was the sensual gardenia note, which actually smells like the real flower. We had gardenias around my childhood home, and I could never get enough of the beautiful white blooms. However, many perfumes fall tragically short of accurately capturing the real thing. They tend to be too cloying and sweet, an insult to the spicy and complex flower. Marc Jacobs skillfully avoids this, enhancing the gardenia centerpiece with delicate jasmine, classically feminine tuberose, exotic bergamot and ties it all together together with an unusual base of ginger and cedar. Using a fragrant, woodsy base balances the overt florals, keeping them from being overpowering.

The world is full of women whose perfume is so strong it seems to have its own obnoxious personality, hitting you over the head with its presence and lingering long after the wearer is gone. This perfume isn't one of them, although I do take care to apply sparingly. A little goes a long way, and it lasts a very long time. My fiance took me shopping at Macy's for my birthday, and he picked out this perfume himself. It was an expensive present, as he chose the entire set with shower gel and lotion, but he insisted on buying it so I accepted. We've been married seven years now, and the first bottle is long gone. I've bought the four bottles since on Ebay, each one costing the equivalent of two Starbucks lattes. Every time I put it on I remember my birthday present, which makes the divine scent all the sweeter.

on 8/8/2011 8:26:00 PM

Ok. So I have never been able to wear Gardenia. It always turns too thick or something. But, I love the smell of a it on other people and in the bottle. This is the first Gardenia scent that I have been able to wear and I love it. It is just amazing. I think it is great for any age! And for some reason it brings me to Maui. Its a keeper.

Popular Fragrances