Marc Jacobs Eau De Parfum

Marc Jacobs Eau De Parfum

4.1

on 5/1/2013 11:56:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I love the bottle, but the scent is non-existent on me. It starts with fireworks of synthetic florals and ends in an average soap smell - as if I have just been to the shower. Now for this I am not prepared to pay THAT price! I am pretty confident that my tricky chemistry has had a hand in the fiasco, and even the soap effect didn't see its second hour evaporating into some invisible perfume-sucking void while I was still in the store.

yuck, i hated this. i tested in store and thought i liked it so i bought some. once i got home i was like "what was i thinking?" i dunno has a weird note to it, smells too green or soapy, i dunno cant describe it. plus the sprayer broke immediately. sold it on ebay. now a good gardenia is very hollywood, like that much better for a straight gardenia smell.

on 8/15/2009 9:49:00 PM

Love Gardenia. Unfortunately the gardenia note didn't last on me and turned very quickly to a sicky-chemical smell. Bummer. I have remarkably tricky skin chemistry though and most scents go to hell on me quickly.

on 5/3/2009 7:57:00 PM

I'm in the movie theater and wondering who stinks.
Uh, oh, it was me.

on 1/13/2009 8:48:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

While I do not typically flip over florals, I insist on smelling this when I am in the store and every time it makes me completely nauseous. This is by no means a soft scent IMO. I can pinpoint it in a crowd & not in a good way. For everyone out there who wears this, please at least be courteous enough to keep it to 2 sprays at the maximum when you apply this.

on 12/29/2007 8:27:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

Omg, this reeks of tuberose!!!! I abhor, detest, hate, can't stand anything with tuberose and that is about the only note I can smell in this one. I don't care for gardenia either but the tuberose...stinky. I had to wash this stuff off and it lasts all day long. I mean all day..so hard to get rid of that awful scent once you put it on.

on 10/23/2007 1:41:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

I don't think I like this particular flower smell... I don't mind flowery smells at all, but this just bugs the heck out of me. Hated it :-(

on 9/9/2007 12:32:00 AM

Skin: Other, Medium, Not Sure

On me this was awful....!

on 4/24/2007 5:14:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I love Gardenia perfumes but I am invariably disappointed by most of them and this is no exception.
This perfume is very synthetic and artificial smelling which I do not like. Much prefer Ellenisia by Penhaligon's or Gardenia Passion by Annick Goutal, both of which in my opinion have a more authentic gardenia smell.

At first I loved this and thought I had finally found my 'signature' scent. I wore it around this one guy once and he told me it was making him nauseous. I thought he was being ridiculous, but it started to have the gag-effect on me as well after wearing it a few times. I wanted to get rid of it so bad. I love Marc Jacobs' clothes, but they spray this stuff in their stores and it is truly suffocating. My mother has the same nauseous feeling when she walks into their stores. This is the only reason that prevents me from shopping there because visiting the store truly gives me a headache. I just stay far away from that door. When someone on the street wears it, I don't feel well either. The testers that they have may smell good, but the actual product just doesn't work well with some people.

Popular Fragrances