Marc Jacobs Eau De Parfum

Filtered by age: 44-55
Marc Jacobs Eau De Parfum

3.8

Beautiful light summer scent that will impress anyone who is drawn towards a light, flowery scent. It's very subtle n me and it seems to be one of those scents where you'll move a certain way and just catch a "whiff" of yourself ( doesn't that sounds a bit creepy? hehe) and you go "oh .....yes...."
Decent price point for the size definitely a daytime scent suitable for office if ya'll are allowed to wear it there ( not moi)

Very pretty Je t'aime
>'.'<

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This is a beautiful clean floral fragrance. The notes are mostly of gardenia and honeysuckle, but it doesn't have the sickly sweet cloying character of other gardenia fragrances. It is very classy, definitely won't be mistaken for a cheap drugstore perfume. Very pretty for spring and summer.

Tried this due to the reviews here and how much I love gardenias. The tester's sprayer was broken. After playing with it for a bit, I got two drippy sprays out on my wrist. The onset of the fragrance wasn't good and didn't smell much like gardenias. Midway through the drydown, it smelled weak, totally non-sweet, and gardenia-ish, but not like a live gardenia at all, which I was hoping for. In the final drydown, the aquatic note was very much front and center stage, with only a barely-discernable hint of the gardenia-ish note. Since I already own the aquatic, fresh, water-on-a-woman's skin scent l'eau d'Issey from Issey Miyake, with its hints of rose and crisp melon, there's no need for Marc Jacobs. I much prefer l'eau d'Issey over Marc Jacobs anyway. I was hoping that Marc Jacobs was going to be to the gardenia what Fracas is to the tuberose. But it isn't, so for me, Marc Jacobs is a pass.

on 4/6/2011 8:26:00 AM

This fragrance smells so good. Makes me feel pretty and sexy.

on 7/11/2010 11:34:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

I love this scent, but it is hard to wear because it is so strong. It tends to be overpowering and no one in my life has the same affection for it that I do. Thus, although I love it, I wouldn't buy it again because I can pretty much only wear it when I'm alone! I don't really know in what situations this perfume is appropriate...I think you would have to be a Southern Belle at an outdoor garden party, or perhaps some Brazilian hottie dancing the night away. Love it, but it's not my reality!

Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure

I agree with the previous review. Gardenia.

There are so many cheaper perfumes that smell pretty much the same as this Perry Ellis 360 and Paul Sebastian Design. Just get that instead.

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

I bought this on a trip to Vancouver when it first came out. I was actually looking for Fracas. The store didn't have it but the SA said this was close (which I think is true when I finally managed to find Fracas years later in Sydney). It smelled lovely in Vancouver (late winter) and I wore it the whole time I was there. When I returned to hot and humid Singapore and wore it, it smelled heavy and sweet. The gardenia was still nice but too heavy. I still think this is a unique perfume. I now wear this only once in a rare while. I've kept it to remind myself of that lovely trip to Vancouver.

on 4/12/2009 4:13:00 PM

This is a very pretty white floral. I bought it because it was as close as I could get to the fabulous old discontinued La Prairie parfum (before those goofy Raindrop perfumes) Marc Jacobs comes close to the same lush creamy floral quality that La Prairie had ( I was heartbroken when they discontinued it, the bottle was gorgeous too, a crystal jewel. Shame on la Prairie for quitting it.) Anyway, hooray for Marc Jacobs. It is a very dressy, fashion statement type of fragrance.
I have smelled it on a young woman at OutBack restaurant while I waited at the takeout counter. She was wearing sneakers with jeans and a sweater. Talk about psychic dissonance of the nose! (what's the fifty-dollar word I'm looking for?) I understand the idea of dressing up one's attire with perfume, but this combination actually made the casual clothing look shabbier.
This fragrance is for a tailored suit, a formal gown, a wedding gown, even a cashmere sweater with a leather jacket. But please!!! Save the jeans and sneakers for an appropriate less formal fragrance -- Aqua di Gio, CK 1, the citrusy Cliniques, or one of the multitude of Incanto flankers, Ralph or Miracle (which I adore) or Sung (also a white floral but the green freshness makes it less formal) for schlepping around, OK? Nothing against the informals, I know they are great for dressing up too. End of rant ;)

on 12/7/2008 6:59:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

It has been a nice fragrance for work; smells clean and fresh with a gentle floral overtone. I'm not in love with it, though, and it doesn't seem to do much for DH...will probably move on once it is gone.

Update:
I'm now on my third bottle and, while there are other scents in my fragrance wardrobe that my husband prefers, I find this is a great daytime scent that generates its fair share of compliments from strangers -- like catnip for men in the office elevator, actually.

on 12/29/2007 8:27:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

Omg, this reeks of tuberose!!!! I abhor, detest, hate, can't stand anything with tuberose and that is about the only note I can smell in this one. I don't care for gardenia either but the tuberose...stinky. I had to wash this stuff off and it lasts all day long. I mean all day..so hard to get rid of that awful scent once you put it on.