Marc Jacobs Eau De Parfum

Filtered by age: 30-35
Marc Jacobs Eau De Parfum

4.1

Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This has a lovely sent at first of gardenia - I originally wrote this review and wasn’t happy but didn’t realize I had bought a newer Marc so I bought the original again and have to say it’s very nice and clean and not over barring.

on 5/1/2013 11:56:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I love the bottle, but the scent is non-existent on me. It starts with fireworks of synthetic florals and ends in an average soap smell - as if I have just been to the shower. Now for this I am not prepared to pay THAT price! I am pretty confident that my tricky chemistry has had a hand in the fiasco, and even the soap effect didn't see its second hour evaporating into some invisible perfume-sucking void while I was still in the store.

This is my go to perfume for everyday, I have others but I always come back to this....It's light, floral, clean, I love this. It makes me feel pretty when I wear it and I ALWAYS have someone ask me what I am wearing and that they love it..... If you like Strong Perfumes and Woodsy scents you won't like this, But if you like light floral notes and just clean scents you should give this a try...A little goes a long way and I can't say enough great things about it, been using it for 8 years now and when I run out I go re-purchase!

on 10/25/2012 11:36:00 AM

This has been my go-to perfume for years. The top note is gardenia, which gives a beautiful floral scent. The dry-down contains notes of ginger, cedar and musk. I am very sensitive to smells and this perfume initially presents as very strong and headache-inducing, but I have never had a problem with it. It wears well and has a lasting scent. It is desribed as a "classic, feminine and elegant" and that is exactly how I would describe it.

I usually wear this for work and when going out in the evening, although in more recent years it has become more of a fall/winter scent for me as it is a bit strong and I perfer a lighter scent in the warmer months.

Two major PROs for this perfume: 1. Many people gravitate towards Marc Jacbos newer scents such as Daisy and overlook this original, classic making it somewhat of a unique scent. I do not know anyone who wears this. 2. Men looooooove this perfume.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Straight, Medium

I have been searching for a scent to replace my White Gardenia body spray from Bath and Body works (discontinued). This smells very similar, however a little sweeter. I really love clean flowery scents that smell like you stuck your nose in a flower, it is hard to finds ones that are just straight flower scent without other things making it traditional perfumy smelling, but this one is pretty simple. I bought the rollerball version from Sephora.

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I prefer to keep a perfume wardrobe rather than one signature scent, but I do reach for Marc Jacobs delicious original perfume frequently. The first thing I noticed was the sensual gardenia note, which actually smells like the real flower. We had gardenias around my childhood home, and I could never get enough of the beautiful white blooms. However, many perfumes fall tragically short of accurately capturing the real thing. They tend to be too cloying and sweet, an insult to the spicy and complex flower. Marc Jacobs skillfully avoids this, enhancing the gardenia centerpiece with delicate jasmine, classically feminine tuberose, exotic bergamot and ties it all together together with an unusual base of ginger and cedar. Using a fragrant, woodsy base balances the overt florals, keeping them from being overpowering.

The world is full of women whose perfume is so strong it seems to have its own obnoxious personality, hitting you over the head with its presence and lingering long after the wearer is gone. This perfume isn't one of them, although I do take care to apply sparingly. A little goes a long way, and it lasts a very long time. My fiance took me shopping at Macy's for my birthday, and he picked out this perfume himself. It was an expensive present, as he chose the entire set with shower gel and lotion, but he insisted on buying it so I accepted. We've been married seven years now, and the first bottle is long gone. I've bought the four bottles since on Ebay, each one costing the equivalent of two Starbucks lattes. Every time I put it on I remember my birthday present, which makes the divine scent all the sweeter.

on 8/16/2011 6:55:00 AM

I think I had higher hopes for this fragrance. Recently I have become more and more addicted to Tuberose and also some Gardenia fragrances. I read that this fragrance was a milky Gardenia so I thought it would have more depth, I also saw the dreaded word 'aquatic' written in a few reviews but I chose to ignore it...I have always had an issue with fragrances that are a little too aquatic, they just have a note that is a little too sharp or fake on my skin. This perfume is very nice and clean but it just isn't anything special on me. Yes it is light and easy to wear but I want something with just a little more edge. I will use it from time to time but in terms of rich flowery perfumes I will stick to Tuberose. This will probably be lovely on a lot of people, it just isn't right on me. If you want something that smells really 'clean' I prefer Estee Lauder Pleasures.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

When I was a girl, I loved gardenia. Gardenia anything - soaps, fragrance, room sprays. I distinctly recall really loving an Evelyn & Crabtree version of gardenia. At 12, I probably overdid it on the gardenia. As I got older, I found it more cloying and less fresh so I stopped wearing it.

Marc Jacobs is, of course, gardenia. This is not a soliflore gardenia though. Aquatic and tropical impressions come up as well, I suppose from the woody base and the tuberose? I'm not sure what the water note floats in on, but it is lovely and keeps it from being a typical heady white floral. I like this fragrance quite a bit for summer. It is a humid scent. I can't see this appealing to men. The fragrance is not sexy or bold or sex-kitten or vampish. It is elegant and lovely.

on 12/13/2010 11:36:00 AM

I am not sure whether I would rebuy this scent or not. I am a little confused about how I feel about this scent. I've gone through a bottle of this and used to absolutely love this scent - definitely one of my favorites, but then I wanted to rebuy but it started smelling weird to me. I am not sure if I love it the same, or if the scent was changed slightly. I used to think it was such an amazing gorgeous classy scent. I bought Trish McEvoy Sexy # 4 Gardenia along the lines, and I think this is a more true gardenia scent. I will have to go back to Bloomies and smell again to see if I feel good about it enough to buy again!

on 10/1/2010 3:03:00 PM

I am a fan of gardenia based perfumes and had been on the pursuit of the "it" fragrance evoking these lovely flowers. Lo and behold I came across Marc Jacobs and I am in love! Classy, definitely floral with a bit of spring warmth. Staying power is fantastic. I have found my signature fragrance!

Popular Fragrances