Marc Jacobs Eau De Parfum

Filtered by age: 25-29
Marc Jacobs Eau De Parfum

3.9

I used to love this. Maybe my bottle has gone bad, because all I smell now is synthetic honeysuckle. I love the smell of real honeysuckle, but this is headache inducing now :( 2.5/5 not a bad perfume, just my least favorite of my collection and not one I really reach for. Will have to smell a freshly opened bottle next time I'm at sephora and see if my bottle is bad or if my taste in perfume has just changed.

This smells pretty good, but it's not the best Marc J. perfume imo. I gravitate towards more girlie smells. It's kind of like Lollia Wish, but that has a much cuter bottle.

Also, on the EWG site, this rates a 10 as being hazardous. The site says data on the product is limited, but because 10 is the worst possible score, it's something to consider when deciding on a fragrance imo.

on 8/17/2012 12:32:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

Goodness. I think this just goes to show how personal perfume is in terms of preferences. I just cannot stand this perfume. I originally smelled it on a friend and thought it was lovely on her. Its very jasmine and gardenia smelling. I do like those notes, and so I trekked over to Sephora and got myself a 1 oz bottle. I dont think I'll even keep the 1 oz, probably return it. I cannot stand the strong shampoo/bathtub smell of this (to me at least) on drydown. Its just so strong and in your face, yet its not sharp or musky or spicey or anything bright or captivating, just a dull floral basenote that falls flat with a thud to my nose. I sprayed it on after coming out of the shower and I cannot wait to shower again to get this fragrance off of me. It is so one dimensional to me--it is all floral. Not complex or intriguing at all. As a previous reviewer mentioned that she used it to replace a gardenia body spray; I think thats a pretty good example of what you'd get with this perfume. Just floral. For the price, I'd want something more complex with different notes and some dimension. This is as good as a bath and body works or body shop mist for ten dollars. Nothing at all complex just so teenager simple. Ugh. This is definitely going back.
For reference perfumes I've liked and used in the past: Bvlgari pour femme, Miss Dior Cherie, Dior Addict, Chanel Chance and Coco Mademoiselle, Prada infusion d iris and prada EDP, Gucci II, Versace Yellow diamond, Pucci, Balenciaga, Bottega Veneta.

Gardenia, Gardenia, Gardenia, great lasting power, classic and chic bottle, This along with Marc Jacobs Daisy adds two timeless scents to the often overwhelming fragrance sea of choices.

on 8/8/2011 8:26:00 PM

Ok. So I have never been able to wear Gardenia. It always turns too thick or something. But, I love the smell of a it on other people and in the bottle. This is the first Gardenia scent that I have been able to wear and I love it. It is just amazing. I think it is great for any age! And for some reason it brings me to Maui. Its a keeper.

I absolutely love this perfume! I've been wearing it for 6 years. For some reason, it just has a completely calming affect on me. I even spray it on my pillows and it helps me sleep. I always get compliments when I wear it, especially from men. I've been hugged by friends and told "omg, you smell sooo good!" It a perfume that is great to wear and that others love to smell, men and women alike! The only problem I have is the packaging. It's hard to travel with because it can leak, and then can get "gunky" around the top. However, that has not stopped from purchasing and repurchasing several times. It's the only thing I've repurchased about 6 times, let a lone at all!! Also, I'm very sensitive to scents, and this is this is the only one I've found that does not give me a headache or smell to sweet or anything. It's just perfect and it mixes well with my chemistry. When I think of how I smell, I think of this scent. It has become my signature.

Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Other

LOVE! Creamy, gardenia scent that is appropriate for weddings and spring/summertime.

on 10/23/2009 1:14:00 PM

I was lemming for this fragrance for the longest time before I broke down and ordered a gift set from sephora. It's a lush watery scent. I smell white flowers and if you love scents with white flowers, you have to try this! However, I find that this scent smells better on me in drier climates (Arizona) than in wetter ones (NYC) as it changes on me in the humid climate.

on 6/23/2009 4:39:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

I love this perfume..the smell of Gardenia....This is a light and fresh scent, however I don't think this lasts me the entire day..but still I am a big fan of the gentle smell.

on 3/22/2009 5:28:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm

this is my signature scent perfume. i use it everyday for work and the smell is so breath taking. i love it that the scent because it is not too strong or cause me headache like other perfumes do. the scent is lovely with a hint of gardenia and jasmine to it. i love this purfume so much but i wish it would come in a gift package so that i could more $ in purchasing it and also i wish that the cost would be a little cheaper. overall, love it.

Popular Fragrances