Zoya Lola

Zoya Lola
LolaLolaLola

4.2

This is the only polish I've worn that gets gasps when I'm out in public. It's stunning, unique, and wears like a dream. Yes, it's sheer but the color is worth the hassle. I've worn it with four coats so far but am going to try it over a white next time. I use base coat and a top coat; Lola practically GLOWS. Stunning. I bought a backup bottle in case Zoya ever stops making Lola. (Please don't ever stop making this color!!)

on 5/12/2016 1:50:00 PM

WOW!! This shade is AMAZING. Super-bright, retro-80s, fluorescent, hot-hot pink neon with a subtle blue flash. This polish GLOWS on the nail. It looks like something Jem would wear and I mean that in a good way.

Four lippies instead of five because the formula isn't that great. Thin and sheer. I needed to use three coats and it's still not 100% opaque. That bugs me. And it dries to a matte finish, typical with neons but easily fixed with a shiny top coat.

I have a large collection of nail polish and I don't have ANYTHING that looks like this. I would definitely buy it again. Recommended!!

on 6/12/2015 6:18:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Fine

this is one of those polishes that looked pretty in the bottle but generally lacked a wow factor until I actually got it onto my nails and HOLY HELL. this might be my favorite polish ever. the purple iridescence is so faint you almost don't notice it at first, but it's there and it's beautiful. while the pink is such a perfect bright neon (it does dry down to that notorious rubberized finish) the microshimmer definitely elevates it and gives the polish overall so much interest and appeal. I'm in love. btw - the photos I posted are not over a white base! that's three coats of Lola alone and it gives sufficient opacity imo.

I would also say it isn't quite neon enough to make you look darker if you're very fair; I have another neon that is geniunely almost uncomfortable to look at because it is SO neon and it also gives the illusion of darker/grayish skin for me when I wear it. Lola is like a muted neon - is that an oxymoron? she's very bright but not eyeball-searingly so.

pros: the color????, easy application

cons: a little thin, all but demands a top coat, mediocre longevity (tipwear is easily remedied but becomes an issue after day 1ish)

nothing exceptional to report in terms of formula but this is a damn pretty polish and I highly recommend it to anyone that enjoys a fun, low-maintenance mani.

on 3/1/2015 8:55:00 AM

This colour is gorgeous, it's such a unique bright pink with a sort of blue 3d micro shimmer. Very nice! Chips after a day and a half, but I'll touch up and keep it going, amazing colour.

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

I am not a big "neon pink" person - but this color is AMAZING. The duochrome effect in it is gorgeous. It applied nicely and took 2 coats to be opaque.

on 9/12/2011 7:56:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Neutral

This is my summer " go to" polish for the last 3 years now.
Doesn't chip and always looks great!
If you have a lighter skin tone might not be the color for you, but if you have a tan I definitely recommend it.
I love Lola!

I LOVE this polish. Since it's a neon it applies matte, and you def need a t/c to get the depth of duochromey goodness that's hidden in there.

This pink is BEYOND Barbie doll pink, and you have to wear this polish with confidence. When my mother saw this mani, she asked: "is that 'I'm cheap' pink?" Hey, with a name like Lola, you kind of think "sex," and of course my DH loved it. ; )

Anyway, great application, and stays true to color, wears like iron. I would definitely buy again. If you don't want to shock and awe with a mani, try this color as a hot summer pedi. Love it.

on 5/4/2011 12:00:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

Lola is a medium fuchsia-pink with blue-violet duochrome and a slight shimmer. I'm wearing this on my toes right now. Lola is similar to Kiki in pinkness, but doesn't have the glass fleck Kiki has. It took 3 coats to get the intensity I wanted. It has a tendency to pool near the cuticles so next time I'll be more careful applying. When it dried it was hard to see the blue-violet duochrome shimmer that I saw in the bottle so I added a top coat of China Glaze Fairy Dust and that made it pop.

Nice color, but I cannot stand Zoya polishes. This one is way too sheer, and difficult to take off with a remover. Every one I got last year for their recycle program I did not like. I chips easily, goes on unevenly, and takes forever to dry. . . For the price I'd rather spend the extra $2 (or $2 less if it is on sale) and by Sephora by OPI because they have awesome colors that dry quickly and last a long time.

Something I've noticed about the Zoya descriptions is that even if something is a 3-4 for opacity it takes like 3 coats to not see my nail...

on 8/23/2009 9:40:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I also bought this because my cat is named Lola! I have to say that I love this colour. It's a perfect summer pedi colour! I found it incredibly long lasting and great to apply. Definitely a favourite!

Popular Polishes