Olay Daily Facials Intensives Smooth Skin Exfoliating Scrub

No Image

3.3

Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure

I recently finished a bottle of this scrub and all I can say it was just meh. It did an okay job of cleansing and slightly exfoliating my dry, sometimes sensitive skin but the scrub had a powerful smell and is made up of a weird consistency of blue beads. To be honest sometimes it felt like I was washing my face with laundry detergent! I will not purchase again. I have since started using Olay Daily Regenerating Cleanser which I like a lot better.

Another one of my sister's, used it once... I really prefer gritty-er scrubs but sadly stopped using st-ives aparicot scrub because of micro-abrasions, etc. and it was aggrevating my blemishes. Anyways, i tried this, thinking it would be gentler, much gentler, and i was right! except it was too gentle to do much:( It has a chemically smell which is tolerable but i could do without. exfoliates well, but i'm loking for something with a bit more strength i guess. it is also very liquidy.

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Nice, gentle scrub (good for sensitive skin). It makes my skin smooth and vibrant without over exfoliating it. As many of the other reviews have said, it should not be used as a cleanser. I love Oil of Olay's Gentle Foaming Face Wash for a cleanser- it really takes my makeup off... even eye makeup.

on 3/23/2006 5:15:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I gave this a shot because I compared its ingredients with Olay's Age Defying Daily Renewal Cleanser, which I like, but hate the pump that makes it impossible to finish off the bottle. They have the same ingredients with one exception (it was toward the end of the list, so not a major one), and even the same fragrance, but this was very drying. From the order of the ingredients, this has a little more salycilic acid in it, so that might be the culprit. I really like the Daily Renewal, but they definitely did not repackage that formula into this cute tube. I liked the scrubbier texture of this (the microbeads in the Daily Renewal are truly micro -- as in, barely discernable -- and it scrubs better than the Clarity Daily Scrub), but that's about it. NOT repurchasing.

on 2/7/2006 11:40:00 PM

Best scrub I have ever used!! It is gentle yet very effective. A LOT of people believe that since this scrub has very few microbeads that it is not scrubbing their skin. It is true, these manual scrubbers do minimal exfoliating of your face. BUT, this product has salicyclic acid in it. This provides the majority of the scrubbing in the form of a chemical scrub. It is a key product in keeping skin clear. You should NOT use this as a cleanser. It is meant to be a facial treatment. Cleanse and then exfoliate. I have done this everyday through a tube and a half and today my skin is more clear and beautiful then it has been in a very long time. My mother is in her 50s and recently started using the scrub. She loves it too!

on 2/7/2006 11:39:00 PM

on 10/16/2005 10:23:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

i would've preferred this product be in a handy pump, but at least it was more sanitary than jar scrubs. that being said, i will not purchase this again. i noticed zero benefits (the labelling promises a noticeable radiance after one use), and it didn't help with break-outs.

on 9/12/2005 11:34:00 AM

I really love this scrub! It exfoliates and doesn't irritate my sensitive skin. I don't mind the smell either. It's also cleared up my skin and now it looks better than ever. Will definately continue to repurchase!

on 8/25/2005 4:16:00 PM

Good scrub,
very gentle for every day use.
Although this product contains salicylic acid that is good and keep my face out of troubles.

Skin: Sensitive, Dark, Cool

Hair: Black, Kinky, Fine

I received this as a sample and I am so glad that I did. For one, this is not meant for those with oily, acne-prone skin. This stuff is just too creamy for my taste and it leaves a residue after you rinse off. I am the lone persom about the scrub action but I thought the scrub action was a bit rough on my skin. Maybe my skin is getting sensitive around the time of the month. This product would be perfect for those with dry skin. This will help gently remove the flaky skin and the like. I am chucking my sample size into the garbage.