Clinique Sheer City Block SPF 15 [DISCONTINUED]

No Image

3.2

I LOVE THIS PRODUCT!!! I have read the other reviews and it has NEVER rolled up on me, EVER. Exfoliation issues? I have very oily skin that is sensitive. I tried going with the eco-friendly "Environmental Working Group" suggestions for non toxic sunscreens. Well I am here to tell you, I tried all of the top 20 recommendations (products are rated on a scale of least harmless to worst) and THEY ALL BROKE ME OUT! ALL OF THEM! This is the first physical block similar to the top picks but much more cosmetically sophisticated AND NO BREAK OUT. The tone reduces my redness and is somewhat matte. NO SMELL, WHICH I LOVE!

on 10/11/2009 10:41:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

My HG of sunscreens! It has a nice matte finish, especially when I blot with a tissue right after applying it. It also acts as a base for my make up, helps it stay on longer. I use this product every day, and have never had any problems with it. I don't understand all the negative reviews here! This is a great product.

on 7/13/2008 9:19:00 PM

This is a very basic sunscreen. No reaction to my sensitive skin, probably because the active ingredients are titaniuim dioxide and zinc oxide I really haven't had any problems with it. Works for me.

This is a terrible suncreen, it rolls up in nasty balls if I try to apply make-up or anything on it, no matter how long I let it "sink in". Therefore I doubt it's effectiveness, I don't think it has any sun-blocking abilities when it rolls up and falls somewhere on my clothes (looks like greasy yellow dundruff). I've had for about 8 months, and I've almost finished the tube, but I didn't use it daily (because of the balls and the fact that it manages to creep into my non-existend lines (I'm 21! What lines?!?) and makes me look like 25...). I've tried to use very little product and I tried to drown my face in it, but no matter how much i used, it just didn't seem to stick to my face, exept when I used too much, my face became a sticky mess that atracted every kind of flying sh**. This is probably the worst sunscreen I've ever used.

on 9/8/2007 8:50:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

I like this stuff a lot and wear either this or the Almost Makeup every day. I have acne prone combination skin but have not had any trouble with breakouts from this product even in the summer. It does feel a little thick but I didn't really find it hard to blend in. This product is sheer (no real tint, looks kind of whitish/light tan) so not sure why some reviewers are talking about it being the wrong color - it is not a tinted product although I think they used to make a tinted version.

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

I love Clinique, but this is weird stuff. Although it is oil-free, it feels really thick and creamy. Doesn't make my skin shine, though.

Too bad that it balls up a bit, and that it leefs an unnatural color film on your skin, like you put on a little bit of the wrong color foundation.

I think there are better sunscreens than this.

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Straight, Medium

Greasy, kind of slimy, and even the fair to medium tint is way too orange for my pale skin.

I should have read the reviews on this site before using this (which I received as a GWP.) I'm in my twenties, but my skin hasn't changed that much since my teeenage years ... and this stuff made it break out like crazy. :( It's too bad, because it looks really nice on my skin. If you don't have acne-prone skin, you'll probably like this.

I have very oil skin. Despite this being oil free, it manages to give a very greasy feeling and turned my face into a mirror in no time. Now that there're more choices of facial sunscreen available, I think I will never buy anything in the City Block line again.

City Block is great! I almost always use this on top of my makeup, mostly because sunblock is an afterthought for me but occasionally I'll put it under & it works out just as nicely. I have very sensitive combo skin & this was great because it didn't leave me with oily patches or pink cheeks. I think the tube is pretty big & if you compare it to regular drug store brand sun blocks that are made for the face it is not expensive at all.