CLINIQUE M Lotion

No Image

2.4

on 11/14/2010 8:49:00 AM

This product has become one of my favorite lotions/moisturizers, and i couldn't stand the DDML! :)

I started using this moisturizer three, four weeks ago. It is the exact DDML with a different packaging and price tag (that's what i heard, i didn't purchase this myself so i don't know how much it costs).

I like it because:

- it absorbs very quickly. Only a few creams/lotions act like this on my skin in particular. I don't feel it greasy at all, so it depends on the skin type one has.

-it feels and acts like a perfect moisturizer, day-wise. It hydrates my skin like few products do and leaves it plump and fresh-looking. This has almost never happened to me with anything else, so this was a huge plus for me.

-perfect makeup base. My skin looks and feels great once i've used this and my foundation and powder/concealer blend in much easier. I like it quite a lot for this purpose.

-packaging & price: cheaper than the DDML, better packaging- the tube is much easier to carry around and store in my bathroom/on my vanity. Yes the frosted glass the DDML comes in looks classier and more feminine but it's massive and hard to travel with...

What i don't like about it:

-the scent. It's allegedly non-perfumed (that's what Clinique say about their products), however it reeks of something oily, like cooking grease. I can't stand the stank, it's something all the face lotions have (and some foundations). Eek.

-the occasional pimple- thought my face doesn't feel nor look greasy when i'm using it, i noticed i do get one-two pimples after extended usage (two-three weeks, twice a day). Nothing ever breaks me out, i have never suffered from acne, just the occasional (minuscule) forehead zit around that time of the month. So i am sure it happens because of this lotion.

However, i will not discontinue using it because the advantages are higher than the 'problems' it causes. I think beautifully hydrated skin is much more important than a small zit i can cover with foundation. My biggest fear is getting wrinkles so i'd rather have oily skin (the limit i don't wanna cross is acne) than dryness. Yep.

I recommend this product to people who've tried the DDML and weren't satisfied. To me, that product didn't do a thing and that's why i'm quite surprised, this M lotion is supposed to be the exact version, the fact that it's marketed for men being the only difference. Anyways. If i'm happy with it, i will keep using it. Great for skin irritations as well- after shaving my legs, etc.

on 6/25/2007 7:04:00 AM

Far too greasy on my combination dry/slightly oily skin. Did not absorb at all. Try M-Gel or Maximum hydrator.

on 4/18/2007 10:50:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

I used this product and it caused me to breakout slightly. I thought I was out of my annoying skin phase. It left me looking greasy too. I was using a sample, so not worried about binning it. It has no fragrance as such, but smells of itself, which is not entirely pleasant. Also, it has no SPF, which for day use, is not really very useful unless you prefer to use your own on top.

I posted this review to the women's DDML as well, since they're exactly the same formula. The DDML is cheaper ml per ml, so unless you're a guy with masculinity issues, it's more economical to buy the women's version. The packaging is better too (pump vs tube).

Grease. It's like a tube of Grease. Not only it left my combination skin shine like a glass window, but also made my skin feel extremely oily. Maybe it would work for other types of skin, but definately not for me.

on 6/5/2004 12:20:00 PM

Part of the "Men's 3 step" line, which includes soap, and a toner which is called "scruffing lotion."
It's the exact same product as Dramatically Different Moisturizing Lotion. Same product, different packaging. continued >>