T. LeClerc Loose Powder in Camelia

No Image

4.4

Hair: Blond, Other, Fine

A very very good powder!
I finally could try it thanks to a generous swapper that shares with me passion lor loose powders!.o)
Camlia is the exact shade for my fair skin.
Super finely milled, it goes on smoothly, melts into the skin after some minutes, after application (do not be scared if -at first -you wonder if you are fainting, given the white apprearance of your face!).
No, it does not make you white, but melts w/ your skintone or foundation (my case).
Does not alter the foundation shade and prevents its oxidiziation.
Does not make your skin feeling "tight".
I am giving it 4 lippies instead of 5 just for one little point: it does not "hold up to the oilies": I mean, now w/ this hot steamy weather I need a super performing powder to that extent, with a good oil absorbtion on my T-zone.
T.Le Clerc was holding up just two hours, and then I needed to blot & re-apply.
Nevertheless it's a very good powder, and it will perform better in winter, I am sure!

I've tried so many powders, and this is one of the best. Gives a gorgeous porcelain finish to my face. Lovely, subtle, scent. Spendy, but it should last a long time. Thanks to the reviewers who said be careful when opening the first time--they saved me from having a good amount go down the drain!

For the record, I'm PPP/NC15, and Camelia is the perfect shade for me.

on 3/21/2006 12:59:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

My favorite powder. I switched to LM, Becca, Bare Escentuals, Jane Iredale, Shu Uemura, and came back to this. Controls shine, wonderful texture that can be layered from sheer to matte. I mix with Blanche for a very clear pale look. Does not clog my pores- finally- and does not cake on makeup even if I apply heavily with a puff.

on 5/30/2005 6:33:00 AM

I got this in camelia though i wanted to try banane but SA told me that camelia would be a better match for me. i suppose she's right and how lovely it looks on the skin. you would need to apply it with a brush if you want a sheer and smooth result. initially it would look too white or pale on the skin but after after a while about the time you take to get to where you are going with that makeup on it should set and look perfect. unbelievable soft and smooth looking. can be drying if not moisturized before, i love to just dust it on my face after moisturizer is absorbed on my good skin days. on pimple laden days i will use foundation and set with shu's matte loose powder with a puff instead which does a great job at making your pores dissapear and yet looking natural.

This is by far the best Looser Powder I've used! However I thought it would control my oil Tzone but instead it left me an oily sheen after a couple of hours. Naturally w/o makeup my face isnt as oily! I love how it makes my complexion look so natural over my Laura Mercier TM & Clea De Peau concealer!! Another thing is that when first applied, it looks a little powdery but after twenty minutes;when your natural oils have absorbed into it, it looks gorgeous!! I have it in banane as well, but have not used it.

P.S. I've heard a lot of raves on the Cleau De Peau looser powder, so I'll be looking forward to purchasing that when I can afford it!

on 5/13/2005 3:26:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

This is my HG loose powder! I love LeClerc powders as they are so long lasting and stay put all day long. I'm a PPP and this shade really gives me a true porcelain complexion and a luminous glow without making my face look chalky. It's also great to fix foundation and to cover dark circles. The packaging is pretty and old fashioned, but very user unfriendly, as you have to be careful not to spill the product - this powder is rather pricy, so you'd better save it. However, the spilling risk is over once you use the product for sometime. I take off one lippie just because this powder tends to be too dry on my undereye area. But I have extremely dry skin so I guess this would not happen to people with normal or oily skin. In any case, it's a wonderful product, one of my staples.

on 3/28/2004 10:32:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

Very nice colour and coverage... gives my face life and a bit of glow without the oilies. The packaging is retro-beautiful, but I agree with all the rants downthread! I always open the tin over a sheet of paper so I can scoop all the lost powder back in. I wish this came in an equally pretty but better engineered tin.

Read a whole lot about it being the powder of the celebrities and caved in to buy one.....but at $82 for a small tin of loose powder is pretty steep. Like the fact that the powder is made of ground rice which happens to be really absorbent for oily silk, dry areas can tend to feel a little taut, but nonetheless, think it does a pretty good job of leaving my face looking flawless, esp using it with prescriptives traceless foundation. Dun know if I'll buy it again...will think about it and update in a few months.

on 8/4/2004 4:01:00 AM

This powder is fantastic! I have been looking for one that will give me a matte but glowing finish and this is definitely it. It also makes my face so smooth and soft, like a baby's.
My coloring is quite pink so camelia is a good match for me as it evens out my skin tone. The packaging is a bit stupid, but for the results it's worth it.

on 8/13/2004 5:38:00 AM

I bought my powder from a local pharmacy in Paris for half the price back home. Camelia is a beautiful neutral color which brightens the face & gives a matte & flawless finish. I took out 1 lippy for the bad packaging. One day, I accidentally tipped the tin and the whole contents spilled out