Clinique Moisture Surge Face Spray

4.1

Water\Aqua\Eau, Dipropylene Glycol, Butylene Glycol, Glycerin, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Water, Centella Asiatica (Hydrocotyl) Extract, Saccharomyces Lysate Extract, Yeast Extract\Faex\Extrait De Levure, Caffeine, Anthemis Nobilis (Chamomile), Trehalose, Tocopheryl Acetate, Sucrose, Sorbitol, Disodium EDTA, Potassium Sorbate, Chlorphenesin, Phenoxyethanol

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

I have used moisture/setting sprays from MAC, Herbivore, Marc Jacobs, and Kiehls, but like this one the best. I purchased it at the Duty Free store at the airport (warning: the 4.2 oz bottle does not meet carry on requirements). It's reasonably priced and keeps my skin looking dewy all day. I'm not sure you'd want this if you prefer a matte look.

After researching for a new mist/hydrating spray to help improve the dullness and tired look on face, I came across trying this product. It received high reviews across the board and so I decided to give it a shot. I spray it on my face before and after applying makeup in the morning. I also spray it once before I sleep. I already notice a huge difference in my skin. I look more awake during the day and even late into the night. My face looks and feels much healthier. I highly recommend!!

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

I'm only halfway through my bottle but I already bought a back-up. This spray is wonderful. I only wear powder foundation and this sets it perfectly. I will also use this if I need extra moisture after my skincare routine. Now, it can feel a bit sticky if I spray too much. However, it usually subsides. I have sensitive skin and have experienced no irritation with this. My former favorite spray was Mario Badescu's Rosewater but I had to stop using it when they added fragrance and coloring (my skin became irritated).

Skin: Combination, Dark, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Medium

I purchased this at the start of winter 2016 - basically I wanted a moisturising essence and the staff at the counter didn't seem to know what an essence was or that Clinique had made any in the past. Anyway, they recommended this instead and I'm glad that I decided to purchase.

I wanted something to put on after washing in the evening that would moisturise only and just slightly - so that I could wait until my skin had completely dried before putting on my rx vitamin A without having my skin feel 'tight' while waiting. Really, my cleanser was too harsh and I've since switched so that I don't have this problem anymore but basically this product was prefect for what I needed.

It has a light very pleasant scent and the best, seriously the best, spray mechanism I've ever used in a spray toner, make up setting spray, spray primer etc. Hands down the best. Seriously the spritz on this is gentle and it really does mist a wide area of the face without concentrating or saturating any particular spot. You have to spray like a crazy person to produce any beading or water spots on the face. I can't rave enough about the spray, in fact I am constantly tempted to repurchase even though I don't need it in my routine because it is so refreshing to use. You feel quite a bit more fancy than the basic looking pink plastic packaging would suggest because it feels so soft and luxurious to apply. Because the mist is so light, you actually can use on top of makeup if things are looking dry and powdery without interrupting it. Ok, that's enough about the spray....

The price is a lot, if you're thinking this is a bottle of water, but I found it very reasonable for an essence/toner in a mid-range brand and it works so well that I'd pay the price for it again. I used it liberally morning and night after washing and it lasted about 3 months so not bad at all. I will say that towards the end of the bottle, the spray mechanism stops working as beautifully. However, I consider it par for the course that you'll 'waste' some product when using any spray dispenser so that didn't bother me.

As a moisturising spray this is boss - it does that extremely well and nothing else. It didn't sting (when my skin was sensitive from an allergy flare up) or interact with other products or create any sort of detectable barrier on my skin that interrupted with serums or makeup, but it did absolutely relieve any tight dry feeling. I have found other water sprays like Evian, actually only feel nice while they are wet and once they dry you're right back where you started. I would recommend this for any kind of skin and definitely repurchase.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium

I found this again after looking for something to rehydrate my skin. My skin has been lack luster and feeling dry. I recently bought some HA and it seemed to be making my skin drier....until I read up on it. If it is dry outside or in your work/home such as during winter it will pull moisture out of your skin instead of putting it back in...yikes!!!! SO now I am doing my vita C serum and then my Shikai moisturizer and spritz this on my skin. I do cover my lips as it causes a tingle sensation on them. I am doing this a couple times a day... I love it so much. Also it is great before and after makeup application. I do keep it away from my eyes so as to not smear my mascara. My hubby made a comment that my skin was looking younger...yay;)
Just ordered a second bottle to take to work. Can't be without this one this winter, it has made an amazing difference in my skin ;0

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

It is very hard to fine face mists that are fragrance-free. It seems like face mists equal "perfume water" in the world of skincare. For those of you who are like me and have to avoid/limit fragrance (I get red, blotchy skin), this face mist is perfect! Works well too!

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

I can't believe I haven't reviewed this, it's so awesome!! I use it after I apply my foundation and it leaves my skin looking glowy. I use it before and after my moisturizer for an extra moisture boost. I have dry/sensitive/rosacean skin and can use all the moisture I can get. I also use the original Moisture Surge in the warmer months and the Overnight Masque all the time. Clinique's star products in my book I just hope they don't discontinue or reformulate them.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Clinique Moisture Surge Face Spray really does bring great relief to thirsty skin. It is not meant to substitute your normal moisturiser, but rather as a pick-me-up during the day. It is a great product and quite versatile:
- It's great when your skin feels dry throughout the day and you need to get rid of the tightness. A pump or three brings immediate relief
- It does not shift your makeup at all, IF you use just enough to relieve tightness. When you over-spray, it can make your mascara wet
- The spray is a fine mist and won't spray big droplets on your face
- This is great when you are in an air-conditioned office of sorts and your face needs extra hydration throughout the day
- I also use this when I over-powdered my face after applying foundation, it takes away the cakey look. Just spray a few pumps on your face after applying powder, and wait a few seconds for it to dry before continuing with your makeup
- I sometimes use it before or/and after applying a full coverage foundation. It does NOT set your makeup but it does add radiance of the slightest bit, or should I rather say it takes away the dullness of a full coverage foundation
- This really does not cause breakouts on my combination skin; it doesn't contain any oils
- It is not a long-term solution for dehydration, but is a superb short-term fix when your face needs an instant pick-me-up

I would also add that it lasts a reasonable amount of time. I've had it for about six weeks, I use it 2-3 times a day during the week at work (thus, not on weekends), and I have used about a third (still 2/3 to go). Would definitely repurchase, I think it's worth its price tag.

Hair: Blond, Other, Coarse

Did nothing for my skin..didn't make my makeup look any better either ...didn't feel any moisture in my skin..just a layer of nothing really

I love the idea of a moisture spray but sadly this didn’t quite meet my expectations.

I bought this because I fell in love with MAC’s fix+, but found myself drenching my face with the fix+ constantly, wishing that it was more moisturizing because it was a quick and easy way to hydrate my face during the day without having to put cream/lotion on top of any face makeup. (I don’t claim that drenching your face with either of these will leave your makeup flawless, but I was comfortable enough with the result).

Im gonna do a quick comparison to MAC’s fix+ jammed in here, because
a) it’s the only other face mist I have tried,
b) it’s very popular so many of you have probably tired it so that gives a reference point, and
c) although fix+ is a prep and priming spray, it is also has moisturizing properties.

PACKAGING:
The spray bottle gives a very fine and even mist, no droplets on the face
(ulike the downright terrible fix+ bottle)

SMELL:
The smell is not very pleasant, I personally don't like it at all, but on the brught side it doesn't linger.
(I think the fix+ smells a lot better)

PERFORMANCE
It’s not as moisturizing as I had hoped. Slightly more than the fix+, but with both I have to really soak my face to get any real relief. I live in a harsh and cold climate and by no means expected this to moisturize my skin on its own, but I still felt like this came up kind of short.

This stuff is also extremely sticky and takes a long time to dry/absorb. I’m talking oh lawd the stuff is like spraying sugar-water on the face. And when it does dry it’s still feels sticky and kind of greasy, and it makes my face look very shiny.
For comparison, fix+ is less sticky upon application, and dries down to a dewy finish instead of a shiny one. I think I kind of hoped my skin would drink this stuff up like it does the moisture surge extended thirst relief, but this does not give that same kind of feeling of dryness-relief.

WARNING:
So I was a little heavy with this on my face one day and when I opened my eyes some of it must have gotten in my eyes and they burned like hell! I’m talking blood-shoot eyes that run and burn like crazy. I’ve done that a ton of times with the fix+ and nothing like this has ever happened, so I know there is some sort of potent irritant in this particular moisture spray.

FINAL VERDICT:
Not a complete bust but won’t repurchase. Spray bottle is good, product is not worth the money.

***UPDATE: I’ve stopped using this for my face completely (mostly because I couldn't get over the smell). I now use it as a body mist as a quick way to hydrate skin (specially chest area) and have also used it in my hair a couple of times. Main goal is now to use this up as quickly as possible to refill bottle with fix+.