Clinique Moisture Surge Face Spray

4.1

Water\Aqua\Eau, Dipropylene Glycol, Butylene Glycol, Glycerin, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Water, Centella Asiatica (Hydrocotyl) Extract, Saccharomyces Lysate Extract, Yeast Extract\Faex\Extrait De Levure, Caffeine, Anthemis Nobilis (Chamomile), Trehalose, Tocopheryl Acetate, Sucrose, Sorbitol, Disodium EDTA, Potassium Sorbate, Chlorphenesin, Phenoxyethanol

This product is a nice addition to your skin care routine if you have dry skin. This isn't a must, but if you're looking to add in some additional Moisture this is a great option. I use this after washing my face and just use a couple spritzes. While this line of Clinique doesn't always have the most new state-of-the-art ingredients, this is a reliable alcohol free spray. My more detailed review is below:

What I like about this formula is that it leaves a perceptible hydration on the skin (due to the higher molecular weight Dipropylene Glycol) without leaving any heavy or sticky after-feel. The spray is absolutely perfect! It provides an even and very fine mist that is light and evenly covers the face. (Some products like the Origins Maskimizer or the La Mer The Mist have such strong sprays that one feels more like being watered by the garden hose than by a cosmetic product.)
The formula is composed mainly of Dipropylene Glycol, Butylene Glycol, Glycerin (all are humectants) but also of some notable anti-oxidants and anti-inflammatory ingredients (Aloe, Chamomile and Sucrose).

Ingredients: Water, Dipropylene Glycol, Butylene Glycol, Glycerin, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Water, Centella Asiatica (Hydrocotyl) Extract, Saccharomyces Lysate Extract, Yeast Extract\Faex\Extrait De Levure, Caffeine, Anthemis Nobilis (Chamomile), Trehalose, Tocopheryl Acetate, Sucrose, Sorbitol, Disodium EDTA, Potassium Sorbate, Chlorphenesin, Phenoxyethanol

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

I'm only halfway through my bottle but I already bought a back-up. This spray is wonderful. I only wear powder foundation and this sets it perfectly. I will also use this if I need extra moisture after my skincare routine. Now, it can feel a bit sticky if I spray too much. However, it usually subsides. I have sensitive skin and have experienced no irritation with this. My former favorite spray was Mario Badescu's Rosewater but I had to stop using it when they added fragrance and coloring (my skin became irritated).

After researching for a new mist/hydrating spray to help improve the dullness and tired look on face, I came across trying this product. It received high reviews across the board and so I decided to give it a shot. I spray it on my face before and after applying makeup in the morning. I also spray it once before I sleep. I already notice a huge difference in my skin. I look more awake during the day and even late into the night. My face looks and feels much healthier. I highly recommend!!

Skin: Combination, Dark, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Medium

I purchased this at the start of winter 2016 - basically I wanted a moisturising essence and the staff at the counter didn't seem to know what an essence was or that Clinique had made any in the past. Anyway, they recommended this instead and I'm glad that I decided to purchase.

I wanted something to put on after washing in the evening that would moisturise only and just slightly - so that I could wait until my skin had completely dried before putting on my rx vitamin A without having my skin feel 'tight' while waiting. Really, my cleanser was too harsh and I've since switched so that I don't have this problem anymore but basically this product was prefect for what I needed.

It has a light very pleasant scent and the best, seriously the best, spray mechanism I've ever used in a spray toner, make up setting spray, spray primer etc. Hands down the best. Seriously the spritz on this is gentle and it really does mist a wide area of the face without concentrating or saturating any particular spot. You have to spray like a crazy person to produce any beading or water spots on the face. I can't rave enough about the spray, in fact I am constantly tempted to repurchase even though I don't need it in my routine because it is so refreshing to use. You feel quite a bit more fancy than the basic looking pink plastic packaging would suggest because it feels so soft and luxurious to apply. Because the mist is so light, you actually can use on top of makeup if things are looking dry and powdery without interrupting it. Ok, that's enough about the spray....

The price is a lot, if you're thinking this is a bottle of water, but I found it very reasonable for an essence/toner in a mid-range brand and it works so well that I'd pay the price for it again. I used it liberally morning and night after washing and it lasted about 3 months so not bad at all. I will say that towards the end of the bottle, the spray mechanism stops working as beautifully. However, I consider it par for the course that you'll 'waste' some product when using any spray dispenser so that didn't bother me.

As a moisturising spray this is boss - it does that extremely well and nothing else. It didn't sting (when my skin was sensitive from an allergy flare up) or interact with other products or create any sort of detectable barrier on my skin that interrupted with serums or makeup, but it did absolutely relieve any tight dry feeling. I have found other water sprays like Evian, actually only feel nice while they are wet and once they dry you're right back where you started. I would recommend this for any kind of skin and definitely repurchase.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

I have used moisture/setting sprays from MAC, Herbivore, Marc Jacobs, and Kiehls, but like this one the best. I purchased it at the Duty Free store at the airport (warning: the 4.2 oz bottle does not meet carry on requirements). It's reasonably priced and keeps my skin looking dewy all day. I'm not sure you'd want this if you prefer a matte look.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium

I found this again after looking for something to rehydrate my skin. My skin has been lack luster and feeling dry. I recently bought some HA and it seemed to be making my skin drier....until I read up on it. If it is dry outside or in your work/home such as during winter it will pull moisture out of your skin instead of putting it back in...yikes!!!! SO now I am doing my vita C serum and then my Shikai moisturizer and spritz this on my skin. I do cover my lips as it causes a tingle sensation on them. I am doing this a couple times a day... I love it so much. Also it is great before and after makeup application. I do keep it away from my eyes so as to not smear my mascara. My hubby made a comment that my skin was looking younger...yay;)
Just ordered a second bottle to take to work. Can't be without this one this winter, it has made an amazing difference in my skin ;0

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

I can't believe I haven't reviewed this, it's so awesome!! I use it after I apply my foundation and it leaves my skin looking glowy. I use it before and after my moisturizer for an extra moisture boost. I have dry/sensitive/rosacean skin and can use all the moisture I can get. I also use the original Moisture Surge in the warmer months and the Overnight Masque all the time. Clinique's star products in my book I just hope they don't discontinue or reformulate them.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Clinique Moisture Surge Face Spray really does bring great relief to thirsty skin. It is not meant to substitute your normal moisturiser, but rather as a pick-me-up during the day. It is a great product and quite versatile:
- It's great when your skin feels dry throughout the day and you need to get rid of the tightness. A pump or three brings immediate relief
- It does not shift your makeup at all, IF you use just enough to relieve tightness. When you over-spray, it can make your mascara wet
- The spray is a fine mist and won't spray big droplets on your face
- This is great when you are in an air-conditioned office of sorts and your face needs extra hydration throughout the day
- I also use this when I over-powdered my face after applying foundation, it takes away the cakey look. Just spray a few pumps on your face after applying powder, and wait a few seconds for it to dry before continuing with your makeup
- I sometimes use it before or/and after applying a full coverage foundation. It does NOT set your makeup but it does add radiance of the slightest bit, or should I rather say it takes away the dullness of a full coverage foundation
- This really does not cause breakouts on my combination skin; it doesn't contain any oils
- It is not a long-term solution for dehydration, but is a superb short-term fix when your face needs an instant pick-me-up

I would also add that it lasts a reasonable amount of time. I've had it for about six weeks, I use it 2-3 times a day during the week at work (thus, not on weekends), and I have used about a third (still 2/3 to go). Would definitely repurchase, I think it's worth its price tag.

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

It is very hard to fine face mists that are fragrance-free. It seems like face mists equal "perfume water" in the world of skincare. For those of you who are like me and have to avoid/limit fragrance (I get red, blotchy skin), this face mist is perfect! Works well too!