Clinique Moisture Surge Face Spray

4.1

Water\Aqua\Eau, Dipropylene Glycol, Butylene Glycol, Glycerin, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Water, Centella Asiatica (Hydrocotyl) Extract, Saccharomyces Lysate Extract, Yeast Extract\Faex\Extrait De Levure, Caffeine, Anthemis Nobilis (Chamomile), Trehalose, Tocopheryl Acetate, Sucrose, Sorbitol, Disodium EDTA, Potassium Sorbate, Chlorphenesin, Phenoxyethanol

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium

I found this again after looking for something to rehydrate my skin. My skin has been lack luster and feeling dry. I recently bought some HA and it seemed to be making my skin drier....until I read up on it. If it is dry outside or in your work/home such as during winter it will pull moisture out of your skin instead of putting it back in...yikes!!!! SO now I am doing my vita C serum and then my Shikai moisturizer and spritz this on my skin. I do cover my lips as it causes a tingle sensation on them. I am doing this a couple times a day... I love it so much. Also it is great before and after makeup application. I do keep it away from my eyes so as to not smear my mascara. My hubby made a comment that my skin was looking younger...yay;)
Just ordered a second bottle to take to work. Can't be without this one this winter, it has made an amazing difference in my skin ;0

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

It is very hard to fine face mists that are fragrance-free. It seems like face mists equal "perfume water" in the world of skincare. For those of you who are like me and have to avoid/limit fragrance (I get red, blotchy skin), this face mist is perfect! Works well too!

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

I can't believe I haven't reviewed this, it's so awesome!! I use it after I apply my foundation and it leaves my skin looking glowy. I use it before and after my moisturizer for an extra moisture boost. I have dry/sensitive/rosacean skin and can use all the moisture I can get. I also use the original Moisture Surge in the warmer months and the Overnight Masque all the time. Clinique's star products in my book I just hope they don't discontinue or reformulate them.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Clinique Moisture Surge Face Spray really does bring great relief to thirsty skin. It is not meant to substitute your normal moisturiser, but rather as a pick-me-up during the day. It is a great product and quite versatile:
- It's great when your skin feels dry throughout the day and you need to get rid of the tightness. A pump or three brings immediate relief
- It does not shift your makeup at all, IF you use just enough to relieve tightness. When you over-spray, it can make your mascara wet
- The spray is a fine mist and won't spray big droplets on your face
- This is great when you are in an air-conditioned office of sorts and your face needs extra hydration throughout the day
- I also use this when I over-powdered my face after applying foundation, it takes away the cakey look. Just spray a few pumps on your face after applying powder, and wait a few seconds for it to dry before continuing with your makeup
- I sometimes use it before or/and after applying a full coverage foundation. It does NOT set your makeup but it does add radiance of the slightest bit, or should I rather say it takes away the dullness of a full coverage foundation
- This really does not cause breakouts on my combination skin; it doesn't contain any oils
- It is not a long-term solution for dehydration, but is a superb short-term fix when your face needs an instant pick-me-up

I would also add that it lasts a reasonable amount of time. I've had it for about six weeks, I use it 2-3 times a day during the week at work (thus, not on weekends), and I have used about a third (still 2/3 to go). Would definitely repurchase, I think it's worth its price tag.

Hair: Blond, Other, Coarse

Did nothing for my skin..didn't make my makeup look any better either ...didn't feel any moisture in my skin..just a layer of nothing really

I love the idea of a moisture spray but sadly this didn’t quite meet my expectations.

I bought this because I fell in love with MAC’s fix+, but found myself drenching my face with the fix+ constantly, wishing that it was more moisturizing because it was a quick and easy way to hydrate my face during the day without having to put cream/lotion on top of any face makeup. (I don’t claim that drenching your face with either of these will leave your makeup flawless, but I was comfortable enough with the result).

Im gonna do a quick comparison to MAC’s fix+ jammed in here, because
a) it’s the only other face mist I have tried,
b) it’s very popular so many of you have probably tired it so that gives a reference point, and
c) although fix+ is a prep and priming spray, it is also has moisturizing properties.

PACKAGING:
The spray bottle gives a very fine and even mist, no droplets on the face
(ulike the downright terrible fix+ bottle)

SMELL:
The smell is not very pleasant, I personally don't like it at all, but on the brught side it doesn't linger.
(I think the fix+ smells a lot better)

PERFORMANCE
It’s not as moisturizing as I had hoped. Slightly more than the fix+, but with both I have to really soak my face to get any real relief. I live in a harsh and cold climate and by no means expected this to moisturize my skin on its own, but I still felt like this came up kind of short.

This stuff is also extremely sticky and takes a long time to dry/absorb. I’m talking oh lawd the stuff is like spraying sugar-water on the face. And when it does dry it’s still feels sticky and kind of greasy, and it makes my face look very shiny.
For comparison, fix+ is less sticky upon application, and dries down to a dewy finish instead of a shiny one. I think I kind of hoped my skin would drink this stuff up like it does the moisture surge extended thirst relief, but this does not give that same kind of feeling of dryness-relief.

WARNING:
So I was a little heavy with this on my face one day and when I opened my eyes some of it must have gotten in my eyes and they burned like hell! I’m talking blood-shoot eyes that run and burn like crazy. I’ve done that a ton of times with the fix+ and nothing like this has ever happened, so I know there is some sort of potent irritant in this particular moisture spray.

FINAL VERDICT:
Not a complete bust but won’t repurchase. Spray bottle is good, product is not worth the money.

***UPDATE: I’ve stopped using this for my face completely (mostly because I couldn't get over the smell). I now use it as a body mist as a quick way to hydrate skin (specially chest area) and have also used it in my hair a couple of times. Main goal is now to use this up as quickly as possible to refill bottle with fix+.

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

I think that this product is great to spray on the face for a quick burst of hydration, when ones skin needs it. It definitely is not a setting spray in any way, just a spray for providing light moisture to ones face, as needed. I don't consider it to be an absolute must-have in my skincare regimen, but i still think that it's a decent product nonetheless.

This makes a difference to tightness and discomfort associated with tightness. Good for dehydrated skin. I use it daily and bought it after having a small sample bottle. tIt is very calming and soothing. I was sceptical but, after using the sample, I felt it did add hydration and comfort. It didn't cause breakouts. I generally use this after washing my face, before moisturiser, though sometimes afterwards, too.

I love this spray! I received a small sample of this in a gift pack.
I tend to get dry spots when my skin acts up, so it can become very uncomfortable when I'm wearing foundation.
Just a few sprays of this on my face when I'm feeling dry and uncomfortable during the day does the trick!
Sometimes I'll even use it after my moisturiser before bed when my skin is flaring up and feels red and irritated. It's very soothing and sinks into my skin very nicely.
I could live without it, only because it's so pricey. I would only buy this if I felt like spoiling myself a little.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

Having very dehydrated skin, this is fantastic stuff! Makes face look like new, amazing over make up so you don't look dry, flaky or caked in foundation. Looks like glowy skin. Love it!