wet n wild Color Icon Brow & Eye Liner Pencil

Price: $

on 9/1/2014 6:32:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure

Hair: Blond, Curly, Coarse

I've been using this for about two years. I bought it and kept using it because of the price. It's a dollar at Target and lasts forever.

I realized it was an o-kay product when I tried my friends higher end Chanel eyebrow pencil over the weekend. Chanel glides on better and the result looks way more natural than this one.

This liner comes on too dark and you definitely need to brush it out. If your skin is slightly oily when you put it on, it can be difficult to get it to look natural. I have really sparse eyebrows from over plucking in my teens, and in the mornings I over moisturize, and my skin is too dewey, the eyebrow pencil creates a drawn in look rather than a natural brow. Like sharpie eyebrows. Ew. I would have to erase, re-do, waste time. Not okay.

I'm on the prowl for a better quality one now. I suggest to splurge a little on a better quality eyebrow pencil, cause even if your makeup is all on point, bad brows can kill it.

Skin: Oily, Medium, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I bought the Taupe shade as it seemed like it would be a perfect match for my eyebrows. I was right. It is not too dark, blends well, and has good longevity. I love that it costs only 99 cents so I can buy many backups. I just do tiny feather strokes along my brows and I am done. I have no need to set it. I have yet to try it as an eyeliner, but I have so many eyeliners already I think I'll just use this pencil solely for my brows.

on 8/9/2013 10:41:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

This is my HG brow filler, I bought it in Taupe. It's not to dark and has a great waxy element to it that tames my brows. I have had one for several years and bought a back up several months ago.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Grey, Curly, Fine

Update-It is a wonderful product for the price, if you have brows. I have to use a very light hand (because it is on the dark side/very pigmented), but for a dollar, it is near excellent, if you have brows to begin with! I agree that it needs a brush or spoolie on the end. For me, it is not a fine enough point nor hard enough. I would not repurchase, but for many it would be perfect. You do get alot of product..

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I'm absolutely obsessed with this kohl pencil from WnW in the "Taupe" shade. I use it for my brows. I'm in my 30's and *just* started doing my brows, like, this year(better late than never? ;D) I have (&have always had) pretty full brows, I get them tweezed/waxed every 4-5 weeks, so never thought I "needed" to do my brows and thought it was only for people with thinning brows but I'm ready to say now that I was wrong!
I had the Taupe pencil in my cosmetics collection already, purchased it at my local CVS store for .99cents just to use as a basic taupe shade of eyeliner, but unfortunately I never really reached for it as an eyeliner so it collected dust until I saw a good amount of posts on the MakeUp Board about people with fair skin and dark brows using it as a brow pencil. I thought hum.. maybe I'll try that? Needless to say I did and have become a bit of a pro with it by now, and I've also tried quite a few other brow products along the way but always come back to this one. The ones I've tried thus far are all from drugstores but are: NYC's brow kit, ELF's brow kit, and Wet'nWild's brow kit. -I like them all, but don't find any of those as fool-proof and natural looking on me personally as the Taupe Pencil (which makes me happy because this pencil is HUGE, much taller than your average kohl liner pencil and is only $1 - it's a win/win)
As I said above my skintone is quite fair (In MAC I'd currently be between NW13 & NC15) but I also have very dark brown eyes, and med-dark brown hair (as well as brows) -Taupe blends perfectly without looking like I've placed anything at all on my brow area which is the biggest thing for me, I don't ever want it to look like I've applied anything to make my brows look "done" (If that makes sense?) I typically top this pencil off with a little bit of clear mascara by ELF or Maybelline, just so my brows look tame ;) But the clear mascara part isn't even a "must" with this pencil as it smoothes my lashes down really well on it's own.
I've been using this pencil regularly (6-7 days a week) for about 4 months now and am still only about 1/2 way through it, so it lasts quite a while - regardless of how long it lasts though I plan to repurchase over & over again. I actually just stocked up on 2 more of them recently at a CVS BOGO WnW sale.
Wet 'n Wild has really impressed me lately and this is no exception, I highly recommend.

Popular Brows Products