4.3

package quality

price range

Reviews

9 months ago

This is my go-to eyeshadow kit. I can not even estimate how many of these I have bought in the past years. A LOT! Of course, the colors suit my complexion, eye color, ect. My everyday wear eye shadow colors. Sometimes I use a pink shade and or mossy green added to it. Neutral shades are my thing anyway, so these are perfect. I do use a eyelid primer, I think you can use the cheapest eye shadows you can buy and a primer will make them worth $100!! Gives any eye shadow staying power, don't skip it! I do use makeup brushes now instead of the applicator provided. The eyeshadow goes on smoothly and blends so nice. Another eye shadow kit I use by Covergirl is Pure Romance. The shades are lovely!

About reviewer (7 reviews)

Age44-55

SkinCombination, Medium, Warm

HairBlond, Straight, Fine

a year ago

Shimmering Sands! This trio was practically a rite of passage for anyone who was just starting out with makeup in the 80's or 90's. I feel like we all had this and a Dr. Pepper Lip Smacker. As soon as Covergirl was declared cruelty free, I ran out to buy this out of pure nostalgia. Unfortunately there is no Orange Julius at the mall anymore and I can't find my Nirvana CD so the 90's experience wasn't totally complete, but at least I got Shimmering Sands! I wasn't expecting much from these shadows but I actually love this little trio. The packaging is slim which I appreciate, and it comes with a sponge tip applicator. I wouldn't try blending the shadows with the sponge tip applicator but it does actually work for just patting color onto the lid. These shadows aren't necessarily lacking in pigment, but they aren't the most pigmented in the world either. They don't rival Wet N Wild or Urban Decay or a lot of brands when it comes to pigmentation, and that's why I love them. I'm fair skinned, and I don't often wear bold or dark eye looks, so I love this because it's goof-proof. You get three shades that compliment one another and can be used for an easy, every day look. Sometimes I use the shade in the middle for a one-and-done look and sometimes I play with all three shades. I dab a tiny dot of concealer on each lid, and set it with a skin toned eye shadow, and this shadow stays put just fine for a regular work day. If you want highly pigmented shadows or bolder looks, you may want to skip this one, but if you want something quick, effortless and pretty that'll get you out the door fast, this one is a huge winner. I have green eyes, and this trio makes me look bright eyed and awake without looking overdone. I can see this trio looking beautiful with blue eyes and brown eyes as well. For five dollars, it isn't a huge risk for you to try. If you want something simple, pretty and mistake-proof, you might really love this. Sadly, it does not come with an Orange Julius drink or a bottle of CK One, ha, but I'd definitely repurchase!

About reviewer (18 reviews)

SkinDry, Fair, Neutral

HairBrunette, Wavy, Fine

2 years ago

I had this in Café Au Lait (gift from DF) & I liked it so I had a $$ Proctor & Gamble coupon so I got some new CG MU. This is a one shot triple shop stop trio! I’m going to carry it in my bag because the lightest color rivals any DS highlight, the darkest color is a good contour color & the middle shade works for eyeshadow as does the whole trio. Excellent product for $6!! I could not find my HG Country Woods at Kroger I hope not DC, but this is similar. I bought CG Sheerly Nudes quad too I’m a sucker for nudes & I don’t want to bring my good makeup like tom ford in my bag. This will love living my bag! I’ll probably buy a back up. I can’t carry UD Naked palette/Charlotte Tilbury hollywood duo w me in my bag. I carry a smallish bag normally. It has a “nice” sponge tip applicator for doing eyes/nose contour & I carry a small mini beauty blender/elf selfie blurring powder brush for contour/hi-lite touch ups on the go. Perfect product if you are on the run & have limited space. I’m getting a set of teeny tiny travel brushes for my bag that take up less space than my cell phone. This is #downtowntriplecrown & a dupe for part of the Tom Ford Nude Dip quad which I will never bring w me in case I dropped it it way too expensive! This is $6!!!! Single digits are nice! Grade:B+/A-

About reviewer (2417 reviews)

SkinOther, Other, Not Sure

HairOther, Other, Other

EyesOther

2 years ago

I don't know what it is about this color, but a little wash over the inner corners of the lids makes you look awake and alive...even if you really aren't awake! It's magic!

About reviewer (8 reviews)

Age19-24

SkinAcne-prone, Other

HairBlack

EyesBlack

2.0
from

2 years ago

CG’s TruNaked Goldens eyeshadow palette has lovely shades with rich pigmentation and a buttery formula that can give UD a run for its money. The same can’t be said for this eyeshadow trio by CG. Though not quite as disappointing as the CG shadow quad in the same color family (Country Woods), these shadows lack pigmentation and have a dry texture that doesn’t apply very well. You would definitely need a shadow primer to make the brown shade show up in a substantial way. While it’s a pretty color, a light warm brown with a hint of shimmer, it goes on so sheer and isn’t very buildable. The other two shades are even more sheer. Good for blending but again lacking decent pigmentation. All the shadow colors are pretty, which makes it that much more of a bummer that they barely show up once applied.

About reviewer (689 reviews)

Age30-35

SkinCombination, Fair, Warm

HairBrunette, Wavy, Medium

2 years ago

Fantastic trio !! You get a highlighter / eyeshadow / face contour all in one. This is a take with you compact! I use the dark brown as a face contour - it's the same color as Kevyn Aucoin's face contour. The lightest shade is a dupe for any and all highlighters out there! All this and for $4.25. Can't beat it. I highly recommend !!

About reviewer (203 reviews)

Age56 & Over

SkinCombination, Fair-Medium

HairBlond

EyesBlue

1.0

3 years ago

Too frosty for my liking. I even tried using it with winged black eyeliner and soft brown gel liner. I tried it with the sponge, tried it with my MAC brushes (fluffy blending brush, crease brush, flat brush) and wasn't impressed. A waste of money as I threw mine away. If you want a much better neutral palette go with Wet 'n Wild's Walking on Eggshells. It costs less and the quality is excellent for a drugstore shadow.

About reviewer (1 reviews)

SkinDry, Fair-Medium

HairBrunette

EyesBrown

3 years ago

Recently I went on a road trip out of state for a wedding and halfway there I realized I forgot my makeup. I had to run into Walgreens and buy some makeup but I was trying to save money, so I remembered this little trio that I used to use in high school. I have always used these with a fluffy crease brush, and a flat shader brush. I find that the sponge doesn't work very well. I have a feeling those who can't seem to get any pigment out of these are just not using the right tools. The colors are so shimmery and blends beautifully. Such an affordable and amazing quality eyeshadow trio. It definitely saved my day on our road trip, that's for sure!

About reviewer (34 reviews)

Age19-24

SkinCombination, Olive, Neutral

HairBrown, Wavy, Medium

EyesBrown

3 years ago

These eyeshadows are pretty nice. They are super light and no matter how much I apply they never show up really pigmented. The lightest color works well as a highlight. The light brown is a good all over lid color and the darkest shade is a good crease color. All in all I can't really complain. I have tried other covergirl shadows and found them too hard to work with but this is the best set I have used. So I would repurchase and recommend but with the warning that these are really really light...great for someone new to makeup or not wanting any severe shadows...

About reviewer (1023 reviews)

Age30-35

SkinCombination, Fair

HairBlond

EyesBlue

3.0

4 years ago

I'm gonna be in the minority and say that I don't really care for this eyeshadow trio. My main problem is that all 3 of the eyeshadows are frosted, and I hate that look- I think it's just unflattering. The lightest shade, for example, is waaayyy too frosty for me to like as a lid color. I like shimmer on my lids, not frost. Also way too frosty for me to use as a brow highlight- I prefer placing a matte shadow under the brow. That being said, the lightest shade makes an ok highlight for the inner corners of the eyes. And the darkest shade, despite being frosty, still looks pretty decent in the crease. I would not repurchase this product because it is just not to my taste. I WOULD purchase this for someone who is brand new to eyeshadow, because I do think it's a good starter product.

About reviewer (33 reviews)

Age25-29