MAC Cosmetics Lusture Eyeshadow - Goldbit

No Image

4.5

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

MAC has re-released Goldbit and made it permanent. I was so excited to be able to purchase this shadow. It is a Lustre finish and those can be disappointing and really difficult to work with (anyone who has tried Greensmoke or Retrospeck knows what I mean) but a few of them (Tempting comes to mind) are either worth a bit of extra effort or are better than the others with this finish. Goldbit IS much better than many other Lustre shades. It has been well-described in previous reviews so I won't repeat what's already been written except to say that it is so beautiful, brightening and smooth (some Lustres can be gritty). However, to be perfectly honest, I think if you have either Naked Lunch or All That Glitters, you don't really "need" Goldbit - the 3 shades are all quite similar. But I love wearing this shadow - for a quick workday look, paired with something subtle like Cork or Wedge in the crease makes a very flattering and wide-awake look.

Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure

This eye shadow is off the hook gorgeous! It's loaded with pigmentation unlike most other MAC lustre shades. It is a stunning light peach tinted gold that screams LOOK AT HOW FRICK'IN PRETTY I AM! There isn't a shade to compare it too. And if you really wanna blow your look out of the water then pop this over a primer like Urban Decay original shadow primer. It amplifies the color by 100 times with an amazing opacity that takes on a whole new look. Just absolutely too gorgeous for words. If you have a chance to get your hands on this rare eye shadow then don't pass it up!

DROOL - This one one of the first ever HE eyeshadows I bought wayyy back in the day from the Tantress collection. I think I still have the empty copper colored pot!

I just recently found my backups stash and found two more Goldbits I must have bought in a frenzy when it was re-released with Lustre vision.

Unlike a lot of old makeup I used to LUV but find underwhelming these days, Goldbit has stood the test of time.

Maybe it's just nostalgia but it's the perfect light peachy gold. Great for all over when I'm feeling minimal and always as a highlight!

on 11/13/2011 1:51:00 PM

Hair: Black, Straight, Other

Silky smooth champagne color, lots of small sparkles, but nothing glittery or metallic. Blends in gorgeously with everything else. Would definitely repurchase if I can.

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

This is a LE eyeshadow. I agree with one of the reviewers. It's lustre which generally lacks pigmentation, but has amazing color payoff. I mainly use this for my brow bone and inner corner of my eye. Its a champagne color with small glitter. Its nothing over the top so I do like it.

on 7/3/2010 1:33:00 AM

The perfect gold highlight shade for my yellow toned asian/polynesian skin. Love the shimmer, love the super-blendable formula, love the long-lastingness (lol) and the great colour pay off. Will buy again if I ever need to because this will last me ages.

on 10/2/2009 10:55:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm

Goldbit is just kick bootie! This is definitely one of the better MAC lustres that they've released. Goldbit is a peachy shade with loads of shimmer in a champagne/gold base. This is definitely an eye brightener for me, and despite being a lustre which generally lacks pigmentation, this has amazing color payoff! An incredibly versatile shade that serves great as an all over "wash", a browbone highlight and works really great as well in the inner corner of the eyes. Definitely a must have for me, one I wear often and adore. Tragically of course .. also LE :(

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

Goldbit is a golden champagne color with a hint of peach to it, just beautiful this can be use as a high light color or over the lid. i love love this, it's not messy, glides on well, if you can get your hands on this baby do it, you wont regret it. FYI i'm NC42♥

on 3/10/2009 1:16:00 PM

I LOVE LOVE LOVE THIS E/S!!!! I use it EVERYDAY as my brow high light. It's so pretty. I don't know what I'm going to go when I run out :( I guess I'll have to try Urban Decay's Sin. I've heard they're similar...

on 1/20/2009 4:49:00 AM

My favorite eyeshadow. Love it!