MAC Veluxe - Beauty Marked

MAC Veluxe - Beauty Marked
Veluxe - Beauty MarkedFirst Complete MAC PaletteVeluxe - Beauty MarkedMAC -- BEAUTY MARKEDMac Beauty Marked

3.6

on 1/13/2017 8:47:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

It's actually a black matte with finely milled purple glitter, and it's deceiving because it doesn't look like that in the pan. It has relatively poor pigmentation and applies patchy. Reviews below describe it as 'gritty' and I have to agree. This has glitter fall out. There is virtually no glitter seen on the lid, rather a sheer, patchy wash of black with an occasional sparkle.

I did a side by side comparison with UD's Blackheart (from Naked 3) and they are virtually identical in color. However, UD has better pigmentation, doesn't apply patchy and is easier to blend. I recommend for the lids (in a smoky eye) to use UD instead.

Since I have this product anyway, I currently use Mac's Beauty Marked on top of an eyeliner to give it an added depth and a tiny bit of sparkle. Once it is on, it stays put.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

How this always makes it into LE palettes is beyond me. I've resorted to using it to set eyeliner, but only when absolutely nothing else is available. It looks amazing in the pan, amazing swatched on the fingertip, starts to look more sheer/less amazing when swarched on the wrist and, on the eyelids, it becomes sheer, completely insipid, muddy, dark grayish-brown...a non-color, if ever there was one. On lids, I can't even detect the sparkle. This eyeshadow is the biggest disappointment with the worst color payoff of MAC's that I have ever tried. Terrible, don't waste your money on this.

Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure

I agree with the previous review.In the pan it looks amaaaazing,on the eyes not as good.It's not that deep rich purple-brown as in the pan,it's more boring greyish dull brown.With or without UD primer potion,this color is disappointment.

on 1/18/2014 10:00:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium Brown, Warm

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Fine

This is the first MAC shadow that I've been disappointed in. And I was really disappointed because It's so beautiful in the pan and I thought this would be the perfect deep purpley color for my crease to get a nice plum or purple smokey eye but this shadow is simply black. It's black with flecks of purple/burgundy sparkles and not at all what I was looking for. My hunt for a dark, warm toned purple shadow continues.

Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm

Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Fine

I just want to say I luv luv maccosmetics.lol I purchased beauty marked eye shadow and I luv it I get soooo many compliments. I use Maybelline cream color base in punked all over lid then beauty marked all over lid and a lil above add Mac carbon to outver v and my Mac mineralize skin finish as my brow highlight with wing liner. I just luv
The soft smokey eye effect especially for fall.(NW 45)

on 7/25/2013 9:19:00 PM

This color is gorgeous when used as third...I use a pale shimmering color over entire lid up to brow, then I use a bronze in the crease, I procede with this beauty over the lid and a little into the crease. Its a sexy smokey eye with dimension! I get compliments all the time!

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

This shadow is a trip to say the least. Upon looking it at, it appears a dark burgundy, glittery shadow. I was very disappointed when I put it on and got almost BLACK, and completley matte. No more shimmer (maybe a couple of sporadic burgundy flecks here and there), but it's pretty much black. The first time I used it, I just dove right in and spread it across my lid and quickly realized that was a big mistake. The color was overwhelming and NOT what I was looking for, and certainly not what appeared to be in the pot. I will try and play around with it and see if it has some versatility, but for the most part this is one I will not be repurchasing. However, I gave it four lippies for being so cleverly deceptive and unique.

***EDIT*** After a few months, I purchased Heritage Rouge Pigment and found that this is the PERFECT compliment for the outer corners of the eyes for that pigment. I also use it to line my eyes form time to time, and it's perfect. I have found a new love for beauty marked :)

on 6/17/2013 2:53:00 PM

OMG I LOVE THIS SOOO MUCH! i have fair skin and at first was intimidated by the intense purple and shimmer in the pan, but when i applied it on my lids i was so pleasantly surprised! it wasn't as purple as it looks in the pan but it applies so well and stays put! with that predominantly taupe-y colour and subtle purple glitter in it this makes THE perfect every day eye liner shade, and i get complimented every time i wear this on my upper lash line. buy buy buy a must have in everyone's collection!

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Fine

NC40-42, black hair, brown eyes, Indian skin tone, for reference. I bought this one years ago because I loved the way it glittered in the pan. Unfortunately, like many other reviewers before me, I have not really been able to bring out the best of this color. Truthfully, since I am currently in a "shopping my stash" mode, I have been carrying this one around with me and using it as liner. I do a neutral shade on lids, use my smolder eye kohl to line very close to the lash line, and then pick beauty marked up with a smudger brush and apply it over the smolder, blending as I go. It brings out the sparkles a little bit more. I wouldn't purchase again only because I have TOO MANY black liner options currently in my stash (gels, shadows, pencils, liquids, etc...).

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

I've had this for a really long time. About 8 years and the pot is still almost full. For me it doesn't look great as an all over lid color because it shrinks my already smallish eyes. This isn't easy to apply either. A bit dusty and gritty, not really uniform. However, I have recently found that this works great as a liner. I apply it with an eyeliner brush and I get a precise line that doesn't budge.

Popular Eye Shadows