Joico Silk Result Instant Smoother

No Image

3.6

on 6/25/2012 7:39:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

I usually like Joico products, but I was very disappointed with this. It was much more expensive than any other thermal spray I've used and the results are far for 'silky' for me. It leaves my hair dry and brittle, and stiff when I use it on dry hair. The smell is also awful, just chemical smelling. I'll use it up because I don't like wasting things but I won't repurchase.

on 4/16/2009 1:19:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

First off, I hope I am reviewing the correct product. I picked this up at TJMaxx (I hope they still make it) in a refill version and poured it into a an empty Mario Badescu spray bottle I had laying around. Hence, I no longer have the bottle to look at and see if it is the correct product or not.

That said, I will review it as the other reviews sound like this is the correct place for my review. It does smell a bit 'hairsprayish', but with my hair it does NOT leave a hairspray like texture to it when combined with my flat iron. I have been using it for about a month now and I am very impressed. After trying a zillion 'thermal protection' sprays that end up making my hair more frizzy this has been a great find.

I have blonde hair that I color that is naturally curly. I blow out and straighten with my Chi normally every other day. However, since discovering this and the newer Loreal Everpure Moisturizing shampoo and conditioner line I can go longer between blow outs. Then, once my hair is dry, I spray this product on one section at a time while I run the Chi over that section.

Makes my normally unruly hair very straight and doesn't make it stiff or sticky feeling (if I run the the chi back through it immediately after spraying. This can also be used as a finishing spray on my hair and it helps control frizzies.

I do not recommend using it on your wet hair then trying to blow out...I did this the first time and was not happy with the results. I would compare this to Redkens Spray starch, but this is much much much less sticky when I am finished using it and doesn't seem to leave a build up in my hair either like the Spray Starch did.

The key that I have found to using thermal protecting sprays when straightening is to look for one with water NOT listed in the first couple of ingredients. When the humidity hits my hair when I have used such products, I immediately frizz. With this product I have not experienced the frizz factor...even on rainy days. :)

on 5/29/2006 11:02:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm

Eyes: Violet

I keep wavering on this product. I like it--I snagged it on huge clearance at Regis. The bottle is gooorgeous....heheh. The spray mechanism is no-frills, so it won't go haywire or parts won't get lost. It sprays a bit much at a time though.

The smell is odd--nice, but a little too strong. It really lingers all day. So does the feel of the stuff...it's like a hairspray almost. It really holds your hair in place. Sometimes it's nice, like if I'm to be in humid conditions. Mostly it makes me feel like I have stiff news anchor hair.... However, it really really makes your hair straight if you use with the flatiron.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

my fave hair line is biolage(oh that heavenly scent) but I've been impressed with some joico products as well(kpak I love u too). However I don't like this only bc of the smell. It does a great job of protecting my hair and imparting smoothness and shine, but it reeks. I was suprised bc I'm not one to be bothered by the smell. I can usually deal with it if I'm getting quality results. But this.... This literally turns my stomach. It smells like aqua net hairspray in a way. Much to strong and it lasts too long. I snell it thru out the day and it just isn't fir me. I would repurchase if the scent changed bc it does a fantastic job. Oh well

As a heat protecting spray it does a good job,it doesn't leave you hair stiff or heavy,but I found the smell too strong and it stays in your hair all day.I would prefer something a bit less smelly,but if the smell didn't bother me,I would purchase again.

on 7/10/2008 11:20:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

I just recently started purchasing Joico products and thus far I have been thrilled with them! I like this spray a lot, it leaves a nice shine and smooth finish. The smell is also nice and light. I usually don't like to have anything in my hair, but since I flat iron nearly everyday, I decided I should try something. This leaves it neither greasy nor crunchy, which is always my worry with using product. I like to hold any type of spray a decent distant away from head to avoid getting too much product on one area. Will definitely continue to use this!

on 1/15/2006 1:51:00 AM

IT FINALLY DAWNED ON ME WHEN I WAS NEARLY OUT OF THIS THAT IT REALLY PROTECTS MY HAIR FROM THE HUMIDITY. NOW I'VE GOT TO HAVE MORE.

on 11/24/2004 12:23:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

I like this product, but not the shampoo and conditioner that goes with it. This is a spray that you apply (sparingly) to dry hair before flat ironing. It says to spray on sections, but I think if I were to do that, my hair would be too stiff, as it provides a light hold, thus keeping your hair straighter longer. It has a pleasant smell, but I wouldn't use it daily unless I washed daily, which I don't. Otherwise, a good flat ironing product that I would purchase again.

This spray is the consistency of water. It's supposed to be sprayed on DRY HAIR, and then you flat-iron. Seemed kind of weird to be flat-ironing right after I sprayed a water-like texture onto my dry hair- like it was gonna fry my hair or something. After flat-ironing, it was obvious where the stuff had been sprayed and where it was missed- the areas that were sprayed were kind of crunchy and hardened almost! I was NOT impressed. I'd prefer to use a silicon-based THICKER formula before flat-ironing, ya know? I wouldn't re-purchase and I'm glad I got this as part of a smaller-sized trial set of 3 ('poo, cond, and spray) for like $9.

on 4/21/2005 12:02:00 PM

Got this as part of my poo and condish set and my hair is so soft and silky! I love this. And I really like the scent as well. I spray this on before I flat iron as a type of protectant.

Popular Styling Products