Alba Botanica Unpetroleum Jelly 3.5 oz

Alba Botanica Unpetroleum Jelly 3.5 oz

4.3

Not tested on animals

Castor Oil, Coconut Oil, Pg-3 Beeswax, Sorbitan Tristearate, Silica, Tocopherol (vitamin E), Natural Flavor

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

I use this to remove my eye makeup but this is utterly useless as a lip balm. I agree with other reviewers here who have posted that petroleum jelly is far more effective at keeping your lips from drying out. On the fence about re-purchasing, but I do like that it is supposedly cruelty and petrochemical-free.

on 2/13/2016 2:02:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Silver, Curly, Medium

I got this to use to help with very dry skin and eczema. I generally mix with other products to boost their ability to seal in moisture. The last few days I've been treating a bad allergy attack in which my neck became extremely dry and itchy. I mix this half and half with Vanicream over wet skin and it's made major difference in only 2 days. I can't tolerate Vaseline or aquaphor on my face.

Great product use it for a all over body moisturizer when needed! Have even used it on dry patches on my face. My daughter has eczema and I do use it on her when she has flare ups too. Great value for how much you get and a lil bit goes a long way. Only down fall is the lid can become messy it seems to leak if its exposed to warmer temps.

I like this product. It is just as effective as Vaseline but free of the petrolatum. It is a little pricier than petroleum jelly but you get a 3.5 oz tube which lasts and lasts. Concentrated and you do not have to use very much at all. Goes a long way. I am still on a tube that has lasted me for two years. It's not as messy as petroleum jelly either and works just as well if not better. I have used it as a lip balm and as a moisturizer during winter. It's good to mix with lipstick to make glosses. Really nice. Love it!
Target and Walmart sell Alba products. I have also ordered them from Amazon.

Skin: Very Oily, Dark, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I loved the moisturizing feeling and emollient finish on my lips, eyes, elbows and as a foot salve. It wasn't greasy or stiff to work with. I purchased from WF and for the amount, thought the price point was great. Unfortunately it contains tocopherol and I'm quite sensitive to tocopherol/tocopheryl esther blends. I really liked the product otherwise and think they should make a travel lip jelly size.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I bought this because I use Aquaphor at night to hydrate my lips & I know it's not super healthy to use petroleum jelly like that. It's a good value, not as expensive as I was expecting for a "natural" product--I paid $4 for a tube at Whole Foods. It feels & looks extremely similar to Aquaphor & Vaseline but it does not sink in nor moisturize the same way. With petroleum jelly, I would wake up with baby soft lips but with this, my lips wouldn't be dry or cracked as they would without anything at all but they were by no means moisturized the way petroleum jelly would. It just doesn't sink in. It protects your skin from losing moisture but I don't think it provides any moisture to it.

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

Great all natural alternative to vaseline!!Great stuff for lips, cuticles, feet and other dry spots if you are looking for a natural alternative for Vaseline without the petrolatum. I rub it on my feet at night and sleep with socks on. It made the area under my eyes plumper and great for my hands and elbows. I use this on my lashes and brows also. I do not use this on my face nor would I use vaseline on my face. I use it for everything else. The consistency is a bit thinner than petroleum jelly, which I like. A little goes a long way so I have had this for a while. I wish it that it came in a small travel size, and a lip gloss! My 10 yr old has psoriasis and I only use natural products on his skin,not the steroids and medicine that lowers your immune system ect.His skin looks better then people that are on those harsh medications so I ended up finding another use for it

Ingredients: Ricinus communis (castor) seed oil, cocos nucifera (coconut) oil, beeswax, hydrogenated castor oil, tocopheryl acetate and tocopherol (Vitamin E).
Made without petrolatum, paraffin, mineral oil, artificial fragrances or parabens.
Hypo-allergenic.
No animal testing.

I wouldn't buy this again because it has beeswax in it (that's the only reason).
It made the area under my eyes plumper (it's not miraculous, since I'm still young), after I applied a bit before I went to bed.
The texture is a bit granulated.
It can be hard to rub onto your face, and looks shiny (like Vaseline) when it's on (but it works, man).
There's A LOT, so it'll last a while.
Packaging is nice, but I imagine it will be harder to squeeze out the rest once it's almost out.
Ingredients are pretty easy to recognize and read (not too many).
I don't remember the price, but it's not too expensive for that amount.
It really does help dry spots.
I like this, it's free of petroleum and mineral oil.

I bought this based on the excellent reviews on here, and because I'm trying to find a lip balm that compares to Aquaphor that doesn't have petroleum in it. This sadly misses the mark. Maybe mine was bad, but it tasted terrible and was sort of gritty. It feels slippery/greasy and doesn't really last very long on my lips, unlike Aquaphor. I also am testing out Lansinoh 100% pure lanolin, and that seems to work much better. I gave this 2 lippies instead of 1 only because the ingredients are good, and Alba does not do animal testing.

I get severely dry hands in the winter that crack and bleed. This had been sitting in my cabinet for a while and I decided to try it on my hands the other day. Amazing! I didn't like it very much the first time I tried to use it because it was so sticky. But applied to my hands it sinks in after about 10 minutes and then there's no stickiness whatsoever. It gets rid of the awful dryness and is even somewhat waterproof! I usually only reapply one other time during the day, and that's not even always necessary. Other lotions have worked for my hands in the past, but not as well as this and they're not as long-lasting. The only tiny detail is that I wish it wasn't called multi-purpose jelly because people have given me funny looks when they've seen the packaging. Other than that, this product is perfect.