Bourjois Volume Glamour

Filtered by skin tone : Medium
Bourjois Volume Glamour
Bourjois Volume Glamour Mascara

3.4

WATER PARAFFIN CYCLOMETHICONE BEESWAX TRIETHANOLAMINE STEARIC ACID PALMITIC ACID ACACIA SENEGAL GUM EXTRACT CARNAUBA WAX C11-13 ISOPARAFFIN ACRYLATES COPOLYMER ALUMINUM HYDROXIDE HYDROXYETHYLCELLULOSE DIMETHICONE PHENOXYETHANOL RICE WAX PANTHENOL METHYLPARABEN PROPYLPARABEN TALC ETHYLPARABEN BUTYLPARABEN ISOBUTYLPARABEN. (MAY CONTAIN): ULTRAMARINES IRON OXIDES MICA TITANIUM DIOXIDE CARMINE FERRIC FERROCYANIDE.

Pretty average mascara, nothing special at all. Does not lenghten my lashes or make them noticably thicker, it's just an ok mascara. Not had it long enough to see if it dries out quickly (but I hope it does so I can get rid of it!)

on 4/1/2010 6:41:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Kinky, Coarse

Very pleasantly surprised with this mascara. This lengthens, thickens, defines and creates greatly enhanced lashes that are also very natural - no crunchy or clumpy lashes. To get thicker and longer lashes like this, I would normally have to apply so many coats that my lashes would look laden down with product, but the finish with this is very natural and looks like I was born with great lashes.

I had to wipe off the excess from the wand at the beginning (although in fairness, I tend to have to do this with most new mascaras at the beginning), but this isn't a problem anymore now that more of the product is used up. The black is adequately black although not as dark as I'd like. Also, I would never have used a non-waterproof mascara before, but now that my lashes are longer from using generic Latisse and I can curl them to stay off my undereye - smudging hasn't been a problem. This is better than Maybelline's Full n' Soft and I think it may be the best volumising mascara I've tried.

on 3/22/2010 4:18:00 PM

My new favourite drugstore mascara. I bought the Ultra Care version for sensitive eyes just because I read that it contained almond oil (good for the lashes). I was expecting another sticky, non-existent, clumpy, under-performing drugstore mascara that would turn my lashes into pathetic spider legs. This is one of the best DS mascaras I have ever used.

1- It has a very well-designed small wand that is an actual brush, not one of the nano hair-comb stuff that I find very difficult for my very thick, long and curly lashes. It reaches every single lash in the innermost and outermost corners without smudging.
2- The actual volume is surprisingly good in a single coat. In two coats, my lashes are huge, soft and curled. It coats up very well without clumping and sticking lashes together.
3- It has the perfect soft matte black texture that so many cheap mascaras miss by miles. People think wet-looking brittle sticky lashes are desirable but in a good quality volume-building mascara, you look for the silky matte look.
4- No clumps

I will not be paying +35 for travel pack mascaras at airport duty-frees anymore and stick to my new-found cheap Bourjois. Next up, I'll try the other variations, the original and curling versions and review them as well.

UPDATE: I tried the curling version and it is not as good as the Ultra Care one. The brush with the latter coats the lashes much better than the curling one. Took off one lippie.

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

I recently purchased this and I LOVE it! I think this is the one I'll be buying from now on!! I love the packaging, and it really does do what it says it will do. It gives great volume, doesnt clump, doesnt flake off and it makes my eyes look SO large and bright!! I LOVE it!

This mascara, along with DiorShow, is my favorite. I don't know if it's still true, but when I was younger, my mom taught me that Bourjois is made in the same factory as Chanel cosmetics, so you're basically getting the same quality for a way more reasonable price. Bourjois does a really good job of just overall amping up lashes, both in terms of volume and length, and it doesn't clump at all. It also doesn't do that flaky thing! Definitely would recommend this product.

on 1/11/2009 9:15:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

i brought this after my last mascara ran out, and i tend to buy a different one each time- as i haven't found my 'perfect' mascara to date. i didnt like this really. it didnt look like i had mascara at all, and unless i had used eyelash curlers underneath i dont think it would have affected my eyelashes at all. disspointed. glad i only paid 2 for it with a voucher i had!!!

This is a great Mascara. It has a great brush and I love the way my lashes looks. I am very good at maneuvering a mascara brush, so I know how to separate them well but this mascara does not clump or stick together so it makes the process easier . I don't need to apply many coats and it instantly adds length and volume to my lashes. I think it is a bit pricey ($13.50), but it's much better than any drugstore or dept. store brand. Mine will usually last a month, but for everyday use, usually twice a day, I think that's fair game.

on 12/30/2007 11:53:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

Nice mascara, beautiful tube, last for a long time. The wand is also great. But 2000 calorie is better, so giving it 4/5

on 7/9/2007 2:52:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

This mascara was absolutely awful. I bought in and in about 5 minutes it started to bother my eyes like they couldn't stay open, i thought it was the dust or the sun, but later on in the day. my left eye became swollen and red and ichy. my right eye was just red and ichy. This was only after one time! my eyes, near my brows, are still a little ichy. There is no sephora store near by so i have to send it to California, where i bought it! I've never had a mascara that did that, nor have i ever thought mascara can to that to people! I would give this a 0 but i can't

on 4/10/2007 9:21:00 PM

This mascara did not volumise at all. All it did was make my lashes look darker. Would not buy again because i prefer revlon's luxurious lengths for natural looking lashes.