Bourjois Volume Glamour Mascara

Filtered by hair type : Wavy
Bourjois Volume Glamour Mascara
Volume Glamour MascaraBourjois Volume Glamour Mascara

3.6

WATER PARAFFIN CYCLOMETHICONE BEESWAX TRIETHANOLAMINE STEARIC ACID PALMITIC ACID ACACIA SENEGAL GUM EXTRACT CARNAUBA WAX C11-13 ISOPARAFFIN ACRYLATES COPOLYMER ALUMINUM HYDROXIDE HYDROXYETHYLCELLULOSE DIMETHICONE PHENOXYETHANOL RICE WAX PANTHENOL METHYLPARABEN PROPYLPARABEN TALC ETHYLPARABEN BUTYLPARABEN ISOBUTYLPARABEN. (MAY CONTAIN): ULTRAMARINES IRON OXIDES MICA TITANIUM DIOXIDE CARMINE FERRIC FERROCYANIDE.

on 11/20/2018 3:38:00 PM

This mascara is pretty standard: it applies well, dries nicely and does not flake throughout the day. I did find my eyes a little irritated when I was sweating my make-up off at gym, but no dark circles!

It is extremely affordable, so my expectations were low, but it did exceed them.

This is a great mascara, if you are looking for a cheaper option or want a 'natural look'.

If you're like me, who prefers a more dramatic look, this mascara isn't for you. (Unless you have ample time to spend applying layers of mascara...)

There are definitely more expensive mascaras that are worse than this though. So if you're looking to cut costs, this isn't a bad option.

I on the other hand would pay a bit more for the Lash Sensational Mascara, as it's an all-time fave and I can achieve the look in fewer coats.

Pros
- Super duper affordable
- Cute, sturdy packaging (which feels high-end)

Cons
- Not much volume

on 5/14/2016 2:54:00 PM

This has been my go to mascara for a long time now. It doesn't do wonders, but I am into natural make up anyway, so this would do. The price is more than fair, the packaging is lovely, the product adds volume to my lashes and it's easy to clean. However, it can get clumpy. Also, since my allergies had gone worse, I find it more and more difficult to wear it as it can irritate my eyes quite seriously.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

PROS
I like the packaging and I quite like the thickish traditional style brush.
I find this mascara does give me pretty volume and a good level of 'blackness' with one coat and if you're careful with the application a little length as well.
CONS
I find the tip of the wand often gets clogged with product and requires wiping off.
Application needs to be carefully done to ensure no clumping together of lashes. A second coat will give heaps of volume but at the expense of some clumping.
Leaves lashes feeling pretty stiff
VERDICT
This mascara did a reasonable job of providing volume with one coat as per their claims but I wouldn't buy it again to due it being clumpy and making my lashes feel stiff. In the same price bracket I prefer L'oreal Voluminous and for ultimate volume and seperation I much prefer my Diorshow. I generally like Bourjois products and will probably give the 'ultra care' formula a try.

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

this will prob be one of the few or only negatve reviews that i will have to write about bourjois products. i got this mascara on sale for 10$, so i decided to try it. i liked it the first time i tried it. the formula is really really wet. did not do much for me.

on 3/22/2010 4:18:00 PM

My new favourite drugstore mascara. I bought the Ultra Care version for sensitive eyes just because I read that it contained almond oil (good for the lashes). I was expecting another sticky, non-existent, clumpy, under-performing drugstore mascara that would turn my lashes into pathetic spider legs. This is one of the best DS mascaras I have ever used.

1- It has a very well-designed small wand that is an actual brush, not one of the nano hair-comb stuff that I find very difficult for my very thick, long and curly lashes. It reaches every single lash in the innermost and outermost corners without smudging.
2- The actual volume is surprisingly good in a single coat. In two coats, my lashes are huge, soft and curled. It coats up very well without clumping and sticking lashes together.
3- It has the perfect soft matte black texture that so many cheap mascaras miss by miles. People think wet-looking brittle sticky lashes are desirable but in a good quality volume-building mascara, you look for the silky matte look.
4- No clumps

I will not be paying +35 for travel pack mascaras at airport duty-frees anymore and stick to my new-found cheap Bourjois. Next up, I'll try the other variations, the original and curling versions and review them as well.

UPDATE: I tried the curling version and it is not as good as the Ultra Care one. The brush with the latter coats the lashes much better than the curling one. Took off one lippie.

This will work well for you if you already have long lashes and want volume that feels soft. But the rest of us will just get some natural volume. No length at all. I have used many volumizing mascaras that were sooo much better. Clinique's lash doubling mascara gives me volume and length at about the same price point. Not worth it.

on 3/4/2010 4:55:00 AM

I've been using 'Max Factor's Masterpiece Max' for the last year or so, and although that one did extend my lashes and add volume, it also made them very clumpy and stiff, spidery even. Not very comfortable and worse, my lashes would even break off! I ended up having less lashes every month, so something needed to change and since not wearing mascara is not an option...

So in my search for a mascara that would leave my lashes soft and "there where they belong" I bought the 'Volume Glamour Mascara' in the 'Ultra Care' version (was actually looking for the 'Maybelline full and soft mascara', but they don't seem to sell that one were I live). And I must say I'm pretty pleased with it. It does indeed seem to care for my lashes, making them black and volumous, yet leaving them soft and bendable. I've never been particularly into Bourjois, but I think I will buy this mascara again.

**EDIT**
I'm adding one lippie here cause this mascara has really grown on me! I love how I can apply multiple layers, adding oomph to my lashes, without making them stiff or clumpy at all.

on 2/8/2009 9:58:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse

This was my HG mascara then Bourjois pulled out of North America. It lengthened my thin lashes and made a very dramatic difference. Next time I go to Europe I'm buying like 10 tubes of this stuff I miss it so much :(

on 3/16/2008 5:57:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

I really, really like the quality of this mascara. And for the price ($13.50) it's not too over-the-top expensive - as in the $20 range - for a high-end mascara that does the trick. It does NOT clump whatsoever, which is the problem with drugstore brand mascaras that I find. And the wand isn't funky or scary looking (something that deters me personally from liking a mascara!) I also like the new packaging of it - all black with silver writing, very pretty and sleek. The only minus and reason why I took off a lippie is because I don't feel like it aids in curling my eyelashes or keeping them curled after I've used a curler - but it's more for volume and not curl, so I guess they all do that. But this is now my HG mascara, and I won't be using anything else until this runs out.

on 12/23/2007 11:59:00 AM

I'm a HUGE fan of Bourjois' "Yes to Volume" mascara, but this one I'm not all that crazy about. They were out of my usual staple at my local Ulta so I picked this up instead. Shame on me! It doesn't add volume like I had hoped and it stays sticky on me most of the day. It flakes on me and I do not like the texture. I'll finish the tube and try holding off buying my HG so I don't waste it, but this is a definite "will not repurchase" for me.

I don't know why I stray from my beloved, tried and true, "Yes to Volume." Mea culpa!