Bourjois Volume Glamour

Filtered by hair type : Other
Bourjois Volume Glamour
Bourjois Volume Glamour Mascara

3.6

WATER PARAFFIN CYCLOMETHICONE BEESWAX TRIETHANOLAMINE STEARIC ACID PALMITIC ACID ACACIA SENEGAL GUM EXTRACT CARNAUBA WAX C11-13 ISOPARAFFIN ACRYLATES COPOLYMER ALUMINUM HYDROXIDE HYDROXYETHYLCELLULOSE DIMETHICONE PHENOXYETHANOL RICE WAX PANTHENOL METHYLPARABEN PROPYLPARABEN TALC ETHYLPARABEN BUTYLPARABEN ISOBUTYLPARABEN. (MAY CONTAIN): ULTRAMARINES IRON OXIDES MICA TITANIUM DIOXIDE CARMINE FERRIC FERROCYANIDE.

on 11/5/2012 12:19:00 PM

This mascara is not bad, but it does nothing for my lashes. It doesn't clump, it does not irritate my eyes, but it doesn't give my lashes volume. It just puts on a little color. I had worse mascaras.

on 5/3/2011 10:28:00 AM

This is a fabulous mascara, there are numerous versions of Volume Glamour, I have ultra black (I don't notice it being any blacker than normal tbh) but there's also a curling one, an ultra care one and the standard one.

I've owned the standard one and ultra black, both of them are brilliant and the others get great reviews. I hope Bourjois never stop selling this mascara, it's great for day time and for evening wear, it's not heavy, it doesn't clump, it doesn't make your lashes hard and crispy, it doesn't flake and on me it doesn't smudge too badly either - around 16 hours after application I might get smudging but that's nothing to complain about for me.

My lashes are medium length and to be honest quite sparse from years of pulling them out due to trichotillomania, I find that this mascara does a great job of making them look longer, thicker and blacker without irritating my eyes.
I guess one gripe I'd have is that the tube entrance is fairly wide and doesn't scrape the brush off so you're left with a blob of mascara at the end of the brush most of the time - very annoying but if you just scrape it off it's fine, I clean my tube fairly regularly so it doesn't get all goopy.

Reasonable price, non irritating, nice looking tube, good for all occasions. You can't go wrong with this.

FYI - I also own YSL Faux Cils and whilst i find Faux Cils to give you more oomph, there isn't a huge amount of difference I would say... I save the Faux Cils for special occasions but I would purchase bourjois over YSL purely because of the price factor and that there isn't double the price worth of difference.

Hair: Brown, Other, Fine

This mascara is too wet and does absolutely nothing for my lashes. No volume and no color. It literally makes no difference at all.

My fav mascara of all time is Max Factor's 2000 Calorie. It is the best ever. And I wonder why I keep tryin out other mascaras when I've already found my HG!

Horrible and won't repurchase.

UPDATE: Still the perfect useless mascara, I just found that applying it to lashes of one eye, then applying it to the other, then repeating this will give slightly better results. So I kindda let it dry half way and then re-apply. Hope this helps.

an avarage mascra that did not give me the result I expected
Iam big fan of bourjois products & I have been using their product
for years but I did not like this one.the only good thing about that mascara that it has a long validity as I bought & did not like & when
I re opened after 3 years I found that it remains the same unlike
other types of mascara that dries after a couble of months

on 4/18/2009 7:57:00 AM

Well, I thought I had to write a review about this mascara as it was such a good surprise! First of all, I need to explain that I used to mainly buy my mascara from Lancome, Dior or YSL. Lately I was using Lancome, it was a good mascara... new... 6 weeks later it was all clumpy and I did not pump the brush all the time. I got really annoyed because I was spending serious money on high end mascaras all to see that they do not last long (and just like a lot of people out there I need to try be more money wise). Three months of good usage would make me happy so I don't think I am asking much. So I decided to try hight street... gasp... I strolled along the make up alley of my local Boots... and I stop in front of the Bourjois counter. I pick up the volume glamour in carbon black and went home to try it, scared that my eyes might fall out from using something so cheap, 5 pounds compare to the usual 18 pounds minimum... in all honesty made me take the plunge! Well ladies I was very happy with the results, volume glamour in carbon black is a very good mascara, it is just as good if not better than virtuose or hypnose from Lancome. My lashes are well defined, very black and sexy. I even took a nap while wearing it and no panda eyes when I woke up! So all I can say is go to your local drugstore and try it, see for yourself if it works for you because if you buy volumising mascaras and pay through the nose for them... you might found yourself feeling silly for not having tried it before just like I did! One last thing... it comes off really well with ordinary eye make remover without having to scrub like crazy!

I picked this up based on the good reviews here, and I'm not disappointed! At last, a volumizing mascara that delivers without excessive clumps, smearing, and flaking! I've tried drugstore volumizing mascaras, and they either don't do what they claim or they give me big lashes with crazy clumping and/or flaking. I put in on as soon as I got in my car (before I took off, of course), and the effect was instant! Gives my lashes an instant pop without having to layer it on! The brush is a realistic size too! I just don't see how I can use one of those ginormous mascara brushes without poking myself in the eye. Great choice for those of you who want to venture outside the drugstore for a big volume mascara, but don't want a twenty and up price tag!

UPDATE: If you love the volumizing power of the new Maybelline Collossal mascara but hate the flaking, you'll love this! Volume Glamour produces the exact same result on me, minus all the negatives! continued >>

Hair: Blond, Other, Fine

It is a good basic, natural looking mascara. IMO, it wears better after it ages awhile. When this gets dried out a little it goes on easier. It still will smudge a little bit on my top lid (and mine do not sag!). Overall, for the price it is better than d/s mascaras, doesn't dry out my lashes and looks descent without flaking. This mascara has a normal brush too, not a huge giant one. I would like for this to be more volumizing, but then it would be pretty close to the "perfect" mascara that doesn't exist.

I bought the MINI version of this to try it out. It worked beautifully for me but it was kind of 'chunky'. I expected it to have lots of volume but I guess it was alright. The blackness of the mascara was perfect and it doesn't smudge! Hmmm, I may buy again but I would rather try another brand of mascara.

on 8/13/2007 4:38:00 AM

I bought the Ultra Black version - such a beautiful tube. All of Bourjois mascara's seem to need the excess wiped off the brush for the mascara to work properly. This mascara is no more black than any other black mascara i have ever owned, but it goes on well & gives length & a little volume - i really does help open up you eyes.It doesnt seem to flake/smudge at all.A nice product.

on 4/20/2007 4:07:00 PM

This is ordinary. At $13, it not the most expensive mascara but not the cheapest. Its just o.k. in my opinion... I wish the tube was a bit thinner - when I pull out the wand a lot of product comes out on the brush and I end up wiping a lot of it on the sides. I'll stick with my Max Factor and Lancome mascaras any day over this stuff. It wasn't worth an extra trip to Sephora and I will not be repurchasing.