Bourjois Volume Glamour

Filtered by skin type : Sensitive
Bourjois Volume Glamour
Bourjois Volume Glamour Mascara

WATER PARAFFIN CYCLOMETHICONE BEESWAX TRIETHANOLAMINE STEARIC ACID PALMITIC ACID ACACIA SENEGAL GUM EXTRACT CARNAUBA WAX C11-13 ISOPARAFFIN ACRYLATES COPOLYMER ALUMINUM HYDROXIDE HYDROXYETHYLCELLULOSE DIMETHICONE PHENOXYETHANOL RICE WAX PANTHENOL METHYLPARABEN PROPYLPARABEN TALC ETHYLPARABEN BUTYLPARABEN ISOBUTYLPARABEN. (MAY CONTAIN): ULTRAMARINES IRON OXIDES MICA TITANIUM DIOXIDE CARMINE FERRIC FERROCYANIDE.

on 3/12/2012 1:22:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Warm

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Medium

Very sadly this has been discontinued in my city. i'll have to hunt for it. I have pretty decent lashes. This makes them look lovely and defined. A reasonable amount of volume is enough for me. I hate anything looking fake so this is perfect. Never stung my eyes.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

PROS
I like the packaging and I quite like the thickish traditional style brush.
I find this mascara does give me pretty volume and a good level of 'blackness' with one coat and if you're careful with the application a little length as well.
CONS
I find the tip of the wand often gets clogged with product and requires wiping off.
Application needs to be carefully done to ensure no clumping together of lashes. A second coat will give heaps of volume but at the expense of some clumping.
Leaves lashes feeling pretty stiff
VERDICT
This mascara did a reasonable job of providing volume with one coat as per their claims but I wouldn't buy it again to due it being clumpy and making my lashes feel stiff. In the same price bracket I prefer L'oreal Voluminous and for ultimate volume and seperation I much prefer my Diorshow. I generally like Bourjois products and will probably give the 'ultra care' formula a try.

on 1/13/2010 4:58:00 PM

My HG mascara. Never clumpy or crunchy and makes your lashes look thick and long while still looking natural. It is slow to dry though, so if you sneeze or blink after you apply it it tends to smudge, overall an excellent mascara.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I bought this when I was traveling a few years ago, and it is the best mascara I've ever used. It never clumps, and it's so easy to layer. For someone who wants volume, length, and for it to look natural at the same time, this product is wonderful. It also stays on during the day, but is easy to wash off at night, this is great for people like me who how difficult it is to get waterproof mascara off.

on 2/8/2009 9:58:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse

This was my HG mascara then Bourjois pulled out of North America. It lengthened my thin lashes and made a very dramatic difference. Next time I go to Europe I'm buying like 10 tubes of this stuff I miss it so much :(

on 10/1/2007 9:36:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I purchased this at Ulta after seeing it in one of their weekly ads. The first time I used it, I liked it a lot. I already have long lashes so I'm looking for some thickness. It didn't clump and separated nicely with pretty decent volume. Then about the thrid use, it was clump city. I had to carefully remove the clumps and then reapply more mascara, it was horrible Finally after three coats I had it looking pretty good but too much work for me. The price was decent at $13.50 in comparison to other mascaras such as Guerlain and YSL but IMO it is lacking quality. You get what you pay for?

on 5/12/2007 7:56:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

I have long lashes, so what I usually look for is something that makes my lashes blacker and fuller without all the goop. This mascara is a good rich, basic mascara. It doesn't irritate my sensitive eyes like a lot of the cheaper brands do, yet it's half the price of the luxury brands. It's a good mid-range product and I think it's worth every penny. It's the one mascara that I always go back to after trying new brands.

on 10/11/2005 7:02:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

This is great for people who like natural-looking lashes: glossy, true black colour, very well-defined lashes and no smudging at all. HOWEVER: volume glamour is the wrong name since there is no volume-building in sight. I wouldn't buy it again since I like dramatic lashes, but I think for natural-look lovers, this is great.

on 8/18/2005 11:20:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Curly, Coarse

I bought this mascara based on the reviews here, usually you ladies steer me in the right direstion =) I'm not at all happy with this mascara. Maybe I got a bad tube or something... The consistency was almost a paste, it flaked horribly & did nothing for my puny barely there lashes. A lady at the makeup counter suggested I try Maybelline XXL intense, so I bought it yesterday but haven't used it yet. Alas, my search for my HG mascara continues =(

on 1/4/2003 8:34:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Ok, I'm in the minority here but I hated this mascara. Maybe it's because I have very straight lashes and this mascara doesn't hold a curl AT ALL (droops as I'm applying it!!) The formula was very wet so it smudges too. Not for Asians, for sure.