Bourjois Volume Glamour

Filtered by skin tone : Fair
Bourjois Volume Glamour
Bourjois Volume Glamour Mascara

3.7

WATER PARAFFIN CYCLOMETHICONE BEESWAX TRIETHANOLAMINE STEARIC ACID PALMITIC ACID ACACIA SENEGAL GUM EXTRACT CARNAUBA WAX C11-13 ISOPARAFFIN ACRYLATES COPOLYMER ALUMINUM HYDROXIDE HYDROXYETHYLCELLULOSE DIMETHICONE PHENOXYETHANOL RICE WAX PANTHENOL METHYLPARABEN PROPYLPARABEN TALC ETHYLPARABEN BUTYLPARABEN ISOBUTYLPARABEN. (MAY CONTAIN): ULTRAMARINES IRON OXIDES MICA TITANIUM DIOXIDE CARMINE FERRIC FERROCYANIDE.

I really love this mascara as an everyday mascara. Its a really "natural look" mascara which I use everyday for work. Its not clumpy, doesnt smudge.
I find that I cant apply additional coats as it goes clumpy so I use a different mascara when I want huge lashes

on 5/3/2011 10:28:00 AM

This is a fabulous mascara, there are numerous versions of Volume Glamour, I have ultra black (I don't notice it being any blacker than normal tbh) but there's also a curling one, an ultra care one and the standard one.

I've owned the standard one and ultra black, both of them are brilliant and the others get great reviews. I hope Bourjois never stop selling this mascara, it's great for day time and for evening wear, it's not heavy, it doesn't clump, it doesn't make your lashes hard and crispy, it doesn't flake and on me it doesn't smudge too badly either - around 16 hours after application I might get smudging but that's nothing to complain about for me.

My lashes are medium length and to be honest quite sparse from years of pulling them out due to trichotillomania, I find that this mascara does a great job of making them look longer, thicker and blacker without irritating my eyes.
I guess one gripe I'd have is that the tube entrance is fairly wide and doesn't scrape the brush off so you're left with a blob of mascara at the end of the brush most of the time - very annoying but if you just scrape it off it's fine, I clean my tube fairly regularly so it doesn't get all goopy.

Reasonable price, non irritating, nice looking tube, good for all occasions. You can't go wrong with this.

FYI - I also own YSL Faux Cils and whilst i find Faux Cils to give you more oomph, there isn't a huge amount of difference I would say... I save the Faux Cils for special occasions but I would purchase bourjois over YSL purely because of the price factor and that there isn't double the price worth of difference.

This is my HG mascara. I have been using it for many years. (I am sad that Sephora no longer carries Bourjois!) No matter how many other mascaras I try, I always go back to this one. I have never found one that I like nearly as much.

My pet peeve with other mascaras is when they make my eyelashes look like dry, hard, black-mud coated spider legs, clumpy and thick. This mascara NEVER clumps on the first coat and only sometimes on the second coat. Any clumps are easily smoothed out by a swipe of my finger, a swipe of a hard paper towel or napkin (tissues leave white dust behind), or a quick swipe from a lash comb.

******* IMPORTANT TIP: Wait for the 1st coat to half-dry before applying the 2nd coat. (If you apply the 2nd coat while the mascara is still too wet, applying the 2nd coat is pointless. If you wait too long and the first coat is too dry, then the results are clumpy and sticky.) I have found that the time it takes to apply each eye with 1 coat is enough time to half-dry. ********

It thickens and lengthens my lashes well, but it does not give as dramatic results as some other mascaras (like DiorShow). I like that it looks natural, which makes it ideal for daily use. However it never flakes, never irritates, never smudges, never leaves rings under my eyes, almost never clumps, and lasts all day, even through sweating and sleeping! I would say it is water-resistant and not waterproof, which is perfect! (I find waterproof mascaras too difficult to remove. Plus I hate that they require tugging at the delicate skin around my eyes to get it off, especially when you get black rings under your eyes from it!) I have very sensitive eyes and wear contacts, so non-flaking, non-irritation, and longevity is very important to me in a mascara. I also like that the finish of it looks a little satiny (slightly shiny, like real eyelashes), supple, soft, and moist, instead of fake, dry, hard, brittle, powdery, and cakey like with other mascaras.

on 1/13/2010 4:58:00 PM

My HG mascara. Never clumpy or crunchy and makes your lashes look thick and long while still looking natural. It is slow to dry though, so if you sneeze or blink after you apply it it tends to smudge, overall an excellent mascara.

on 8/19/2009 11:49:00 PM

This is my HG mascara. It does not give dramatic results, but it creates a pretty, full-lashed look that lasts all day, through any weather without leaving any smudges what so ever under my eyes - even if I nap or workout in it.

I absolutely LOVE this mascara, I'm using the third one now and not planning to even try others. It makes my short and thin lashes long and sexy, gives the volume that I need and not to mention that the blackest black color is amazing. This mascara is probably the best product in my make-up bag and I would definitely reccommend it to everyone.

I really like this mascara, I always end up coming back to it because I know I can trust it. Good volume and actually curls. It wasnt until I used another mascara today that was a little heavier on the lashes that I realised how good the curling on this actually is. Good volume length and curl!

on 3/2/2009 1:01:00 PM

This is the BEST mascara I have ever used in my whole life!!! I can not even express my love for this stuff ... You see, there is not a single mascara in this whole world I left untouched (OK, not quite, but you get the idea :)) ... and I must say I always ended up hating on them.
But this one? No clumps, no flaking .... Aaah, paradise :)) I think it is a really black black, the only thing I must admit is, that it is not an extremely dramatic mascara. But I love it as it is and I am happy I finally found my HG mascara <3

on 2/8/2009 9:58:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse

This was my HG mascara then Bourjois pulled out of North America. It lengthened my thin lashes and made a very dramatic difference. Next time I go to Europe I'm buying like 10 tubes of this stuff I miss it so much :(

on 8/20/2008 2:15:00 PM

This is by far one of the best mascaras I have ever used besides their Coup de Theatre False Lash Illusion. I have tried other mascaras always coming back to this one. It gives me just enough volume and length lasting all day without flaking. It is a little pricy but it is worth it. The only downfall is that it only comes in black. So if you are looking for brown you are out of luck.